OK so 2 hour game down for maintenance; guess I'll hang here

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by WhysperWynde, Sep 15, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

SO .. Let's talk about some of the goings ons @ EQ2 & maybe discuss our characters. I've got 20 characters in EQ2 = 2 on Kaladim which I rarely play & 18 which I constantly play on Skyfire. About 3 of them have the last name Wynde = Conjuror Her Celestial Lady Duchess Joalyn, Fyrelilly my flame haired Paladin, Cedarlilly my Assassin with her lethal Oakmyst Glade shared with hubby's Assassin Niknakz. All of my Player Characters are Levels 100 or 110. I don't know really how people get to Level 120 = by playing? And is there a Level 130? It seems that there are items for this Level so there must be.

I loved the week of double experience we recently were gifted with .. Thank You Dark Paw Studios! There was also great harvesting going on that I'm not sure that they advertised = triple & double piled nodes in Everfrost & some other areas & lots more Rares. My Ogre Fury Gorralok Oggrok is my main harvester. I've found that by using only her for everyone's harvesting needs, she increases in harvesting skill way far out in front of everyone else & with harvesting kits & enhancement charms = she's a great harvester for everyone. She's also my account Provisioner so it works out great that she only need the food items to cook for everyone & shares all the other harvests in the chest @ Vintaro's Isle of Refuge Crafting Basement.

Please share any information you'd like to about you EQ2 Character here too, OK? Let's entertain ourselves & learn while waiting for game to recommence. Anyone with info or hints or tricks on gameplay please SHARE!
  2. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

A Question = Do you ever Visit & Rate other player's created & decorated houses from the Housing & Leaderboards? I do at times, it's a regular part of my gameplay. Or actually a pleasant & relaxing diversion from playing when I feel a little break coming on. It's a great way to learn about new & interesting items and to see how other people decorate. You can get a lot of great ideas from a fresh perspective by visiting around different homes. And by Rating them for decorating Creativity & Design you are helping out the other players as well as yourself. When you get enough Good Reviews/LIkes from visiting players on your Published Homes you are awarded beautiful golden Trophies for decorating that are dated. I have received so many Decorating Trophies now that I've started a special home on the Freeport side (most of my character's are in Qeynos, a few in Kelethin, 2 in Frostfang Seas) to place all the many trophies in = called Nephriti's Haunted Trophy Wife Life. Don't look for it yet on Housing & Leaderboards because I'm still setting it up. And it has haunted aspects too. Just to keep things interesting. It'll be on the Housing & Leaderboards one of these days.

But present homes of mine that you could Visit & Rate from the Housing & Leaderboards if you felt like it would be:
    Marauda's Martinique Manors
    Cedarlilly's Clockwork Cedar Closet
    Whysperwynde's Felwithe Manor

That's enough, got a lot more but those are most recently put up on Housing & Leaderboards. You are very welcome to Visit & get ideas from them whether you Rate them or not; but I hope that you will. Have you ever considered LIVING in someone elses decorated home? I have seen a few that I'd like to stay in, but never did do it .. not yet tried it. Some of my decorated homes have Depot boxes that allow Visitors to remove items .. mostly Food & Drink Depots but sometimes other. I have at times Opened my Crafting Isle (actually hubby's for both our large accounts) for other players to come & Craft using our supplies, fuel & machines .. like before Christmas I often do this. Look for it OK? Vintaro's Isle Of Refuge Prestige Home. You are welcome to Visit anytime! No rating there because we keep things loose for crafting & viewing & changing things up.
  3. Laaw Well-Known Member

sig quests tradeskill and adventure give huge to lvl. get one toon to max lvl for 20% b\onus then work from there, simple huh. but ack... :)
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Servers are up.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK Dokie Dude … you just got the good music to my ears Dude!

Thank you for that info Laaw. Gorralock my Ogre Fury has done some Quests for SP> is that what it is Signature Quests? I shall look that up - thanks a 1,000,000!!!!
    Dude likes this.
  6. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Wait, 20 toons and you don't know what a signature quest is? Curious.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  7. Nazy Well-Known Member

They're the purple feathers above the quest guys.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Umm. Stiletto's Orders is a Heritage quest. Not a signature quest. Try typing Signature Timeline and go from there.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  9. Nazy Well-Known Member

Oops, bad example. Totally got those mixed up.

Gathering Obsession is a signature quest.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  10. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yes I am an Odd Apparent Animal it seems AOE1! 20 Toons and YES I still don't know all there is to know aboutEQ2. Leaves a lot of Adventure yet to be had, doesn't it dude? So now I ask .. what is the difference between a Heritage Quest and a Signature Quest? Thanx Nazy for letting me know the purple feathers above quest giver's head indicates that they offer a Signaure Quest. What color feathers do Heritage Quest givers sport AOE1? You seem to have all the answers ~ how many characters you got anywayz ? I have seen the feathers but really didn't take note of colors of them, silly me! Do Heritage Quests give SP .. Status Points? My Ogre Fury Gorralok Oggrok is definitely a Status Hound because she's saving SP up for Albrich the Wise (I think that's his name) the righteous Black Lion Mount offered @ Sneed Galloway's.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Nazy Well-Known Member

Both Heritage and Signature quests both have purple feathers.
    Yes, I believe both give SP. I know Heritage quests do.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Very cool! Mazy you are a font of knowledge .. it's great .. you oughta be a reasource person! So much better than slighting someone with 20 toons for NOT knowing everything about EQ2. Obviously I'm too busy playing for much research study!! LOLOLOL
    Breanna and Nazy like this.
  13. Nazy Well-Known Member

I think I've made and deleted more than 20 toons...
  14. Almee Well-Known Member

NPCs with green feathers offer crafting quests. Many of them are very good. And you really need to do the Gathering Obsession quest line. You get a cloak, then a pony, then an upgraded pony, etc. The quest line starts with a letter in your mailbox to go talk to Oho, on the Isle of Mara. If you deleted the letter you should be able to get another one by going to Mara and a guy, by the inn, will hail you (I'm guessing here because he does it with other quests). Here is the Wiki link: https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/A_Gathering_Obsession_Timeline
  15. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yes I love the Gathering Obsession Quest .. have done it with 2 Toons and am now doing it with Fyrelilly my Human Paladin. She's just started it. Love the Cloak of the Harvester isn't it? And the Harvesting Pony gathers you different items from different areas than the Gathering Goblin does and you can get Items/Rares up to Level 120 whist the Goblin goes up to 100. After she gets the Gathering Pony, I want to have a few of my girls exchange their Gathering Goblins (they all have one) for the Gardening Goblin that gardens a rare item for you. Haven't tried that yet. Wait! You say there is an upgraded pony? I don't believe I've done that yet. Is it just going back to the Oho Mother who gave you the first pony?
  16. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

My Apologies to Nazy, I was calling you Mazy! Sorry, clouded up glasses or something. Actually I have several pairs of computer glasses, just like driving glasses and wear whichever ones happen to match my outfit which today & recently is leopard patterned;
    rather than always latest pair which are turquoise
    . So I wear my leopard glasses = actually black glasses with very light pink flowers sprinkled on but they give a good effect of being leopard pattern. Likewise I match my perfumes to my colors - today Cocoa Chanel going with leopard & also with all black or white blouses & jeans. Layla perfume goes with dark cool colors like purple, turquoise, greens N blues & Dream Angel I wear with reds, oranges & golden colors. But luckily I don't wear such a perfume cloud that it affects my eyesight. LOL
    Nazy likes this.
  17. Nazy Well-Known Member

Information overload.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  18. Almee Well-Known Member

You get the last quest from Steve, in Obol Frontier. Check the link I posted for details on how to do the quest. You will need the various locs listed in the Wiki write up. The upgraded pony collects holiday harvests which is awesome. And that pony can be upgraded in Planes of Magic though the quests are a bear to do. I don't think the harvests, that pony gets, are worth the effort of the PoM tradeskill quests but that's just my opinion. I don't like quests that stress my heart and I get so immersed, in my characters, that I sometimes forget I'm playing a game lol.
  19. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Wow thanks a lot for this info Almee! I will look into updating my ponies. And I want to exchange some of my Gathering Goblins that rarely get Rares for Gardening Goblins. Great!
  20. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So now Test Server is down they say, I'm not on that and do have EQ2 open and am playing my Barbarian Berzerker Alchemist Thundara Grymm .. but I will hang here for awhile I think. It's Sabbath today and we don't do any violence even in video games on this day (not that we do ANY generally in RL) so today I have plans to go through ALL my 18 gals Gathering Goblins & see which ones DON'T farm any Rares and possibly replace them with Gardening Goblins. That should be nice and peaceful to do. May go to Isle of Mara with a few of the girls and get more Gathering Ponies from Madam Oha than the two I've got right now. I like the Level 110 & 120 resources that they gather. I hardly ever forage anymore except when out doing something and casually see nodes.