OK it's time for the truth!

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Wyvern, Mar 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Wyvern Guest

It is time that we finally get the truth as to what the Feign Dead success chance really is. My master states that I will feign dead with a 97% chance of success. Well I have been conducting a bit of scientific observation as to what reality is and it is very different from the 97% stated. Over more than a year of record keeping here are the results I have had:
    14,482 Feign Death attempts
    9,848 succussful attempts
    That amounts to 68%
    This is far too large a sample size for it to be skewed by the RNG. I know, I know, what kind of boob would bother keeping track of this....well I was sick of seeing the infamous "You have fallen to the ground" message so I thought I would start keeping track. If anyone else has felt lied to and has kept track please let me know what kind of results you have seen.
    Please give us an ACTUAL 97% success Feign please.
  2. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Wyvern wrote:
    Seems about right if I was to guess Id say about 75% but w/e.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kosh Guest

You can't handle the truth.
    No truth handler, you.
    Bah! I deride your truth handling abilities.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wyvern Guest

Seriously, it would be nice to get an explanation as to whether the stated feign % is wrong or whether there is a bug in the way this ability is working. Has to be one or the other.
  5. ARCHIVED-Abool Guest

On the feign attempts, did you just run around and grab some mobs and hit feign and say fail or success? Did you account for how many mobs on each feign attempt? I could be wrong here so someone correct me if I am. I believe feign attempts check against every mob that has aggro on you. So if you have 5 mobs on you and the check works 4 out of 5 times it is still going to fail.
  6. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Abool wrote:
    You are wrong about that. FD doesn't check against any mob you can be in your guild hall with no mobs around and fd can still fail.
  7. ARCHIVED-Abool Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Yeah, I guess I read a bunch of the wrong posts but it makes sense that it is either success or fail. Thanks for snapping me back to reality.
    Either way we are always at the mercy of the RNG and if it decides to fall in that 3% 5000 times in a row as unlikely as it may be it's technically possible.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Wyvern wrote:
    It is 97% vs one mob.
  9. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    There is no mob check with fd it is just simply fail or fd. Go try it against a training dummy 10000 times then try it in an empty guild hall 10000 times then try it with 2 dummys 10000 times you will see no difference.
  10. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    Some people are just ignorant thats all BC, we must forgive them. Or do we?
  11. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Toran@Oasis wrote:
    We've been over this one so many times I wish it was just stickied. If it were in fact 97% against 1 mob whats 2 mobs 48.5? The wouldn't fding 50 mobs be fail almost like every time? Anyone who had fun training through Karnors before they made mobs break can tell you fding 50+ mobs is the same as fding 1.
  12. ARCHIVED-Siatfallen Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    If it was an individual test against each mob, the it would be 0.97^x, where x = the number of mobs in range. So around 94% for two, 91.2% for three and so on.
    However, we've had a dev clarify this before (too lazy to dig that post out, it's ages ago): FD is one check. It does not matter how many mobs are around - or if any are around at all. The ability will work just the same regardless.
  13. ARCHIVED-Brickfist Guest

Honestly don't see why they didn't just give us a 100% feign with SF. Rogues get it, tinkerers get it, but apparently the class that started FD just can't seem to get it down 100% of the time.
    Just stoopid.