OK, I'm 80... now what?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by OldRodKS, Nov 14, 2018.

1. OldRodKS Member

I'm starting to think I made a mistake...

I had four characters in their mid 20s-30ish and I boosted them to 80 by killing puppets. Then I used the tokens I got from the puppets to buy some of the level 70 armor from the festival vendor, thinking that would surely be decent enough armor to use for now... I was wrong. It's crap.

Now, I have 4 level 80 characters (Warden, Bruiser, Berserker, Paladin) with 30-40 AAs and crap gear.

I have crafters available (just have to catch their levels up), so I can make jewelry, and Skill/CA/Spell upgrades, and eventually even some level 72 MC armor.

Once I've done that, what's the best way to catch up the rest of my skills and get geared up to a decent level 80 set of gear? Is there a good quest line that will give me some decent armor? What timelines should I start working on to get ready for SF when it releases on FG in a few weeks?

2. OldRodKS Member

Oh, another thing - my experience slider got shifted to 100% AA when I hit 80, but someone in game said I need to actually disable my combat experience altogether. Something to do with vitality... anyone that can explain that would be helpful :)
  3. Dilf Member

If you plan on playing on this server for the long haul, it's worth working on your epic questline. At lvl 80, I'd pick the quest areas that are related to whatever faction you need. For SK, I worked on my Teren's Grasp and Jinisk factions. At these quest hubs, there are many rewards for decent treasured gear to help you keep chugging along, and there are 1^ nameds that drop easily farmed legendary items.

It's also worth working on the TSO quest line too.

Last resort, if you have any plat saved up, you can buy loot rights from the WoE raids, or whatever.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  4. Mariebella Well-Known Member

I would start by doing the lavastorm timeline so you can do the solo shard quest each day and build up your shards that way so you can get some of the armour and jewelry made.

I would also work on your harvesting skills so you can harvest while you quest and potentially get rares.

The reason you turn of your vitality is because you will keep getting exp for stuff and it uses up your vitality even though you are capped. By turning it off you will build up 100% vitality for when you are ready to go level again.

Rather than try and get everyone of the 4 geared and ready focus on one get that one ready to go and once you are happy with it move onto the next etc. The city questline and moors questlines are good for new people because they give the most coin. Like Dilf said look at what you need for your epic and start working on that.

That's what I would do anyway, sure some more knowledgeable people will come along and give you some better advise.
    Breanna and OldRodKS like this.
  5. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Hehe yeah I can see how this will get overwhelming if u boost urself to 80 with no gear or AA and no main already at 80. If u were lvling ur first guy to 80 the normal way ud probably go questing in Kylong plains, it gives u good AA experience and some gear to use. If you can do the lavastorm quests without too much hassle I'd do that instead, get some lvl 80 gear and join Pugs at lower lvls to get AA.

What you should work on to prepare urself for SF is your epic weapon timeline up until u get the fabled weapon and then also do "to speak as a dragon". That quest is horribly boring but once you have done it on one character the rest of ur characters can take a giant shortcut through it.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  6. Xiao Member

Doing epic timeline is a waste of time. Just do to prereqs for fiery jewel of the underfoot because you can do that when SF opens regardless if you have fabled epic or not.
  7. Ratface Member

Pretty sure you needed the Fabled on Stormhold to do ER.

Working on the one you like best is great advice, also look for an active guild around your play time. WoE is pretty easy and being in an active guild is probably the best way to go about getting some runs in.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Start with the moors quest line till you get a set of current tier gear.

Then go back and do your epic quest, then do shard groups / woe runs till 12/3.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  9. OldRodKS Member

Thanks everyone! Can you do the solo shard quests with crap gear?
  10. Blkitty Member

you may have issues soling in lavastorm with the gear from the merchant depending on if you can heal yourself. If you have issues probably good to do your kunark faction the gear from that is a good base or get a friendly crafter to make you some stuff even hc is 54 main stats.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  11. OldRodKS Member

Yeah, I needed a healer for some of the Lavastorm quests, but I can box my Warden with the Bruiser or Berserker, and the Paladin can self-heal, so I'm making it through them.

I almost hate to ask this... how may void shards does it take for a full set of gear?
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Full set of t2 is around 280 shards.
  13. OldRodKS Member

I was afraid you were going to say 100... this is so much worse...
  14. Mariebella Well-Known Member

You can make the t1 and wear it, then use it for your t2 when you are ready even if its been used (just make sure its mended.)

If you get someone to craft it for you, you will use a lot less. Mariebella can craft them all if I'm online (if not mb try jeepers been playing her a lot.)
    OldRodKS likes this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

IMHO, get the Moors quest gear, then do WoE and skip straight to T3 shard gear. That only costs you maybe 58 shards or so. No dirty crafting involved.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  16. OldRodKS Member

OK, thanks. I may do that
  17. OldRodKS Member

What's required to make the T1? Just level 80 crafting? Or do I have to work through a crafting timeline first as well?
  18. Mariebella Well-Known Member

You need far seas faction to buy them, once you have it (40k I think) you buy it from the merchant in mara.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  19. OldRodKS Member

OK, I took all my level 80s through the Lavastorm timeline and they are doing the daily shard quest now. That got me 3 or 4 pieces of +86 gear. Then I went to the broker and filled out every other slot, including jewelry and charms, with +63 gear for now (best I could find on the broker that I could afford LOL)

Then I decided to peek into Sebilis and see what it was like. I took my Warden/Bruiser combo in there and killed a few frogs in the entry way without any problem. But then I ran into a Chokadai (I think it was called) just past the entry way and he one-shotted both my chars.

Is this a gear problem? Or is there some stat I need to raise to prevent this? Some resist values? Or Potency/Resolve/etc.?
  20. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

It's a gear problem. Gear, buffs and AA. Also, bruises are squishier then sorcerers on this server :p
    OldRodKS likes this.