Oh Norrath, I weep for thee....

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bhayar, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As we were standing in Loping Plains the other day waiting for yet another fabled dragon to appear so we could hack it to death, one of my esteemed guild mates began weeping. When asked to explain this sudden onset of lamentations, he replied, "What have we come to as Norrathians when we are slaughtering dragons by the hundreds and harvesting their body parts--so we could build a monument to honor them?" For the shame of it all.
    ConcealFate, Soara2, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The dragons make it clear that they will not show us mercy or benevolence, so it's technically self defense.
    Soara2, Rifuul, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this the other day too... after a dragon kill, all the players huddling around its corpse like a pack of angry hyenas ripping out guts / scales / sinew just to go and craft something. Reminded me of a corpse that was infested with maggots...

Just once, I'd love to see one of these dragons go postal and just AOE 100m with a 1 shot just to keep players firmly believing dragons are super dangerous and not just a 30 minute semi-afk loot punching bag.
    ConcealFate, Soara2, Seefar and 5 others like this.
  4. Wimble Active Member

The dragon should then randomly harvest the player's corpses. Perhaps lose a peice of gear. Introducing an element of real jeopardy to the event would certainly spice things up ROFL.

The animation for the dragon harvesting would need to be amazing.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I lived through the days of the Rallos Zek server in EQ. Losing a piece of gear to a player killer hits too close to home with that idea.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. EQ_Jack Active Member

lol i thought something similar. I thought.... “these dragons are showing up to fix and repair the portals and the moment they appear we attack and slaughter them...whoops”

edit I’m joking of course :p
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

they want to destroy the portal network so that we cant go to the moon to free kerafyrm
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

If we don't kill the dragons do they attack the spires?
  9. Cragfire Well-Known Member

In a world where we outright murder races to learn their languages... we can only learn words while they are screaming in death i guess... Good thing it doesn't work like this in the real world..
    ConcealFate, Soara2, Seefar and 2 others like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

You know, it's kind of funny - I was involved in one battle that took the ENTIRE time, and we took it down just one or two minutes before the fight would have expired. I'm guessing that the next dragon would have been a fail (since it popped about half an hour into the previous battle, meaning we would have had less than half an hour to do it, and since it took an hour and a half on the other dragon...), but I didn't choose to be involved. There were just too few people on the server that time, so not enough DPS.

I'm guessing the dragon just de-pops, the way the puppets do for Heroes' Fest. Could be wrong, though. Has anyone been involved in a fail, and know for certain, that can tell us? Because now I'm curious. :)
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

On test there were a lot of fails and I believe they de-pop as I just could not see it any longer.
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

I dunno. I've been dragon stomped so many times in this game that it doesn't bother me in the least to see them go down hard and get their corpses ravaged by hyenas...er..players.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No, in the real world, we don't bother learning each other's languages, we just kill each other period.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

I remember just walking by the one in Lavastorm once and it attacked me. I was nervous every time I ran past him after that. I never knew why he attacked me.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Dude like this.