Oh... I found something!

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cronyn, Jul 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

kyrrah wrote:
    In EQ1, the "Item Lore" for the GBS is "Varsoon's Black Heart" it's safe to guess that Varsoon was the original owner even if he let his assistant use it (or keep it safe maybe) as you loot it from a gnome necro, named Pyzjn and not from Varsoon itself.
    [For the relation between Varsoon and Pyzjn, here's an old post I found on Zam : originly posty by Arkytz]
    I'm a 20 enchanter hunting for the GBS. I've killed her 3 times without any success, but the second time I heard someone hail her and she replied with the "Is that your Breath?" response. I figured, hey, what if I charm her and hailed her when I'm amiable.

[Mon Jun 04 05:38:39 2001] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
    [Mon Jun 04 05:38:41 2001] You say, 'Hail Pyzjn'
    [Mon Jun 04 05:38:41 2001] Pyzjn says 'Hail, Arkytz . Pyzjn is working for Master Varsoon. If Pyzjn do good work maybe Master Varsoon tell Master Bruax he is worthy. Pyzjn must go now. All glory to the Plaguebringe! May you die a painful, oozing death.

[Master Bruax aka Bruax Grengar was a necro guildleader in the Qeynos Catacombs]

EDIT : on a side note, I went to Vaults to get the book with a char that never been there, so I figured I could solo the zone for AA discos and the last named (everything else is grey at 80) and well, I found something else. There's a painting of Halas laying around (no you can't interact with it/loot it :( )
    Mere coincidence ? Maybe... or not ;)
  2. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

The paintings in the Vaults have been there for years. I think the one of Halas was there with the rest, but I never really took a catalog of them so I can't be 100% sure.
  3. ARCHIVED-Arbreth Guest

*twitch*
    Any teasers on the next teaser?
  4. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

Oh, I know. I've been feeling the same twitch, Arbreth. Is it a Kerra thing?
  5. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

no.. im feeling a bit twichy to..
  6. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

Hello everyone. Could I get some confirmation that the note you're supposed to get from the pedestal is able to be picked up on Blackburrow server? I've been in The Vaults of El'Arad for awhile now with the Glowing Black Stone equipped and have been unable to get the note from the pedestal. I've tried zoning out and back in, but that didn't help. So I'm just checking to see if anyone else has had this trouble. Thanks.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Brekkik wrote:
    It's entirely possible the note has now been removed from the pedastal, since they said it'd only be available for a week or so. Now they're supposedly introducing a 2nd way to get that same book for lower level characters, though we don't know what it is yet.
  8. ARCHIVED-Brekkik Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Ok then. I'll just keep a look-out then. I must have missed it where it was said they were only keeping it up for a limited time. Guess I'll need to be a little more on the ball with this stuff in the future. Thanks for the help.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Teaser for next teaser...
    My isn't next tuesday a long way away?
    Previous book: Should be available from the appropriate sagely types without benefit of the note :) Let us know if it isn't, please.
  10. ARCHIVED-ValleyKing Guest

it is there and not too expensive :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Cucuy Guest

There@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I just finished the quest and it was Scholar Al'Quilar (the guy that gives you the quest) who was trapped by Varsoon in the stone.
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Kiara wrote:
    You know you could give a certain Red Skined Guy with Hooves and Horns, Evil Leasons. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Galldora Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Ha ha....this made one of my young characters feel very smug, as she simply went to the sage and bought her book with no hassle, after her older alt went all the way to the overland to get a note before he could get his.
  14. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

Cucuy wrote:
    uhh wait what? Al'Quilar is the guy studying it, he accedently breacks the seal on the stone and gets possesed by who was in it. he was never in the stone himself.
  15. ARCHIVED-Beckah Guest

The lore book is not on the sages on Test, I'm not sure some even know about it. I bugged it, but wanted to post here as well.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cucuy Guest

shadowscale wrote:
    While doing the quest he said that Varsoon imprisoned him in it... I guess these may have been the words of whatever possessed him, but that wasn't how I interpreted it while doing the quest.
  17. ARCHIVED-Aera Guest

Cucuy wrote:
    That's the voice of whomever was trapped in the stone speaking through Al'Quilar. At one point during the quest, Al'Quilar is speaking about something crazy and then quickly says, "help me!" I took that as an indication of him being overwhelmed by whatever was trapped in the stone.
  18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hmmm...
    Does anyone know what day after tomorrow is? I can't seem to find my calendar...
  19. ARCHIVED-Kamimura Guest

20. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Kiara wrote:
    Well tomorrow is Tuesday the 11th so the Day after is Wednesday the 12th