Official ToT Homeswap Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Aneylee Well-Known Member

*Last Night to sign up for Trick or Treat 18*

You know you want to so go ahead and sign up! Don't let hesitation stop you.

You get to decorate a home for someone!

But wait, there is more!

YOU get a house decorated for you! You know that empty house that you have had for years now and wanted to make into a spaceship or a brothel or some other thing (We don't judge) . Let someone else make it into something for you!

All level of decorators need to sign up! Have to get your feet wet at some time , so the Time is Now!!

So what are you waiting on?

Aney~

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Housing Assignments have gone out for all servers except for AB because Daybreak is not being very nice!

IF you are on AB and may still be thinking of doing the ToT18 event, Please let me know. Once the server is up and running I will send out housing assignments!

Get your feet wet and have fun as DevilKiss will be hosting the SSHHE18 this year and you know you want to do that event!

Aney~
  3. Sennetta Active Member

Dam I missed out haven't been on much as I haven't been well so wanted to join in
  4. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I wish I had a house to give you, so sorry you missed out.

SSHHE18 will be coming up next so be sure to sign up for that one!
  5. blackjack Well-Known Member

This thread is too eerily quiet.

Where are my spooky swappers at today?

How's it going?

How's your autumn so far?

What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Etc. ;)

Me:

-At work with a slight headache
    -Excellent, done with my swap house and I cannot wait til my recipient sees what I came up with
    -Finally got chilly here, no snow, but crisp chill. Got a Baileys Pumpkin Spice on tap and some apple pie at home
    -IRL my glow-in-the-dark Halloween t-shirt I only ever wear once a year. In game, I have a Ghostbusters costume.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really?? How do you have a Ghostbusters costume in-game? :D

Uwk
    who used to love the first movie to distraction; liked the second; liked the animated series (some seriously good writing, on occasion); and, blushes to admit, hasn't seen the third one yet (oh well, it's why the gods created Netflix)... :oops:
    blackjack likes this.
  7. blackjack Well-Known Member

BEHOLD... the extent of my EQ2 fashion sense...

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Faeonara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

In the immortal words of Walter Bishop of Fringe: "That. Is. COOL! :D"

What all did you use? :D

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  9. blackjack Well-Known Member

I actually originally made this costume years ago for a Halloween RP costume contest party. Didn't win (someone with a genie illusion did iirc, blah) but I always liked my costume and I break it out every NotD since then lol.

Tinkerfest goggles of some sort
    Thurgadin Formal Golden outfit
    Random black gloves and boots
    Tinkered Backpack (store bought iirc?)

I assume I got Slimer there from a previous NotD event. Don't remember now where or how.

Used to have a pretty good bio I wrote to fill that tab just for this, describing the missing details like a name badge that says 'Stantz' etc... but it's been lost to time now.

EDIT: Oh btw, if anyone's got a weaponsmith on AB willing to do me a solid and commission a Mistletoe Cutting Sickle PLEASE message me. :)
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

How's it going?This swapper is swamped -tot house, event , beta and not enough time

How's your autumn so far? Autumn whats that..here it went from 90s to 50s in less than 5 min a couple days ago.

What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Most my gals are dressed up as mummys or evil knights for notd. My fav is ratonga in mummy outfit with kitty mask...hopefully the kerra dont notice. In RL (lol) i dont dress up i buy Halloween candies and eat them, yummy!
  11. blackjack Well-Known Member

Haha, I am so out of the loop with EQ2. Have done no event, NotD or beta stuff at all. So you'll have to let me know what you think about all that cool stuff going on, particularly the beta (if it's not NDA, no idea if it is.)

That ratty with a cat head sounds intriguing. Post a pic if you can, why not share. :)
  12. Kloo Active Member

This is my first NotD after a looooong break, so been busy with that and getting everything together on my house swap. It's been fun!
  13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

We went from 90 to 55 degrees like it saw a State Trooper!

Hope everyone is doing great and of course if you need anything, please let me know!!!

And that costume is awesome Blackjack!!!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We actually DO have seasons here in La-L.A. Land: Spring = really dangerously thick ground-level fogs ("Tule' Fogs") that have been known to thin the herd of stupid people. They usually burn off by around 1-2 pm and it's nice, 70s-80s. Usually April, May, June. Summer = 100 degrees in the day time, 90 degrees at night, irrespective of the calendar. Autumn = 90 degrees in the day time, 50 degrees at night; ditto. Winter = if we're lucky and God is kind, rain and the coldest time of the year, from early Nov. to late March. Lately, those two criteria haven't been around much. :( But for us, when the sun goes down in the autumn, that's when we often have that temp. plunge. ;->

Usually. :(

Good to see you back, Aney! Got a PM for ya. :D

Uwk
    blackjack and Quiarrah like this.
  15. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

This thread is too eerily quiet.

Where are my spooky swappers at today? My house is finished!

How's it going? Waiting for SSHHS18~

How's your autumn so far? Good. . still warm in California

What are you dressing up as for Halloween? I'm going STEAMPUNK! Will post Pics!
  16. blackjack Well-Known Member

Guess everyone's in Cali but me haha. Like 48 degrees here today.

Thinking I might not be in on SSHHS18, as I might just be doing a private swap with my partner in crime. We'll see, lots of time yet to sort it out.

What do you guys think of a "super decorator challenge" swap where you leave a crate of the most random freakin house items you can toss in the box and they try to cobble something presentable out of it? Floated the idea to my friend but I think she kind of hates it. I know you guys did an urn build contest or something once, but I'm talking about using all those crazy items that you hardly ever see in builds because they're so awkward and weird.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There was something similar to that awhile back, where three of us were invited (iirc, it was like first entered, first served or so, or maybe there were multiple houses involved...it was, indeed, quite awhile back) to decorate one room each of an Everfrost Summer home. Each room had the exact same items, including numbers of them, and didn't necessarily fit a "theme" of any sort, but if memory serves, those were the ONLY items we could use.

The main problem arose when one or both of the other decorators (I still wasn't using anything but the Notepad Method back then, really) would use the fancy Layout Editors (and yep, there's more than one flavor of such ;->) and wound up inadvertently swiping items from other decorators. Again, we had to stick to the same numbers we had originally, and couldn't bring in any more of those items, or any other items but those, so it was kind of noticeable, especially when things would go wandering. ;->

The results were interesting, once everything got straightened out; two of us made fairly sane and rational places -- and then there was mine... ;->

So, I imagine your idea might be similar, in that for us, it was a jumble of odd, not necessarily related items that were a mystery grab-bag, but I'd recommend one deco per house, just in case. Someone else could come in and plop a bunch of stuff down, once they had Trusteeship... ;)

Uwk
    blackjack and Breanna like this.
  18. blackjack Well-Known Member

Well folks, thanks for the fun of the last two swaps and I look forward to the big unveiling soon.

I will not, however, be participating going forward. Shooting you a mail, Aney.

See you all on the 4th and have a happy Halloween!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! Are you leaving us, Nic? :(

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  20. blackjack Well-Known Member

Short answer: yes.

It was a blast though! Thanks everyone and I eagerly look forward to the big reveal! :D