Official ToT Homeswap Thread

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aneylee, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Aneylee Well-Known Member

It is that time again for the ToT Home Swap!

This event will run September 4th thru November 4th.

What is ToT? Well it is Trick or Treat time! That make pumpkin spice time, that hopefully some of us will get cooler weather time! Can you tell I live in Texas:)

So what is involved?
    Just a house and an imagination. There were alot of new folks in the last event and I encourage you to sign up!

What do you need to do?

Have a house that you would like to have decorated. What? Yes that is it and some other small print stuffs.

But you can start here:
    Send email to Aney2018@gmail.com
    Let me know the following:
    What sever you are on!
    Your Homeowners Name and the name of the person you will be using to decorate.
    Where your house is located.
    If you have a preference for the size of house you would like to decorate, let me know. I can not promise that if you want a bungalow that you will not get a Mansion. But please know, just decorate what you feel comfortable with doing. I do not want anyone sending the Apocalypse after me!
    Give trustee access to Aneylii so I can give access to your decorator. This is on all servers.
    Name your home ToT18. Please do not have your name in there, just ToT18.

I suggest that you leave a book for your decorator with information about your character and what you like. Don't like spooky, may want to mention that or you may zone in to Zombies drinking Pumpkin spice stuff. (Which would be actually kinda cool).

Don't think you will have the time and just may want to help out? Well heck, let me know that too.

Okay, I think I have covered all the bases. If not. I am sure someone will let me know :p

Let's have a great time all!!!!!!

Aney~

** Wanted to Add**
    Once your decorator gets busy they may realize they need more item count!! If at all possible, please add a player made extender. It is NOT required at all. So if you can not, that is fine. If you want to wait and see if it is needed, that works! If you would like to wait and see, maybe add that to your book!

Also if you can add a guild hall door, that may help your decorator out as they go back and forth. That is also something that you can pick up before publishing as well as I know those cost status.
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Alright. Alright, alright, alright. . . . You twisted my arm. . . .
    *goes to find a house do donate. . . . maybe another 2 room Halas. .. . *

**how many houses is that now???**
  3. Faeonara Well-Known Member

I don't do house swaps since I get stressed ( yes i know it sounds silly but oh well lol ) but I do want all of you to know that if there is anything I can do in the way of support or help in any way just let me know .You can find me in game most days so send up a shout on AB Homeshow chat if you need something . Have fun everyone . I am looking forward to all your wonderful works :)
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

Woot! well just need to find which toon house to use ....
  5. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok my houses on both servers are set and my email is sent!!!
  6. Iskatawna Active Member

Okay...Since Misstake volunteered me (She is quite the eager beaver!) I have chosen my toons and my houses and sent the emails (BOTH of them, there are 2 emails)...:p Looking forward to seeing what everyone does!
    Aneylee and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You'll probably hate me again; I've sent a bunch to choose from, but I'll do one, and someone else can do one of mine. :)

Uwk
    who does love the one on Skyfire! :D
    Aneylee and Breanna like this.
  8. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Haha ya'll are too funny. Thanks for twisting Mom's arm Misstake :)

I also wanted to give a few suggestions that I left out of the original post but will add.

One big thing that is asked for is an extender. Especially for those smaller places. It is most defiantly not required at all BUT is usually asked for once the decorator gets busy. So if possible, please place one or expect one sent to you ;) Player made of course, do not want you spending real money getting that other one!

Also a Guild Hall door is nice too. Again, not required and could be something that you can pick up before you publish. Just may make travels for your decorator easier.

Looking forward to another awesome fun time!!

Aney~
  9. blackjack Well-Known Member

I want to sign up but need a few days to sort out my fall agenda before I commit. Will figure it out soon.

To add to Aney's suggestions - filling your book to your decorator with things you like! Just general stuff like favorite colors, house styles, any cool hobbies you have, if you like pets/animals, whether you love Halloween or just autumn decor, etc.

As someone new in the deco scene I don't know most of you yet but I want to make something that'll wow you. Give me some leads to work with. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aneylee like this.
  10. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I second that BlackJack, great thinking there!

Your decorator wants to get a feel for YOU. What do you like, what do you do in your spare time, what Don't you like, (Maybe Yellow) you get the idea. Are you thinking with your toon in mind or you personally? Do you like to entertain or just sit back and read a book next to a cozy fireplace. Do you like to craft or cook? Maybe write books.

Do you want a cozy fall home or some spooky going on? Fall theme with alittle spooky?

I know that writing that book can be a task, it is for me too! But the more information you can give your Decorator the better. They want to make your Home Yours.

So please just take a few minutes to put some stuffs in your book that tells us all about you :p
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The cool thing about the books is that it makes me think about the character(s) that I submit for these swaps; I have to actually think more about them, beyond just "this one Betrayed, so maybe they have souvenirs from the other side" or "this one likes pink and red a lot" (that was ONE toon that liked pink; usually I have no use for it, personally ;->). When you have a burgeoning Horde, sometimes "kids" can get lost in the mass of them, especially if they're not necessarily homage toons (which I'd often decorate myself anyway). ;)

Uwk
    blackjack likes this.
  12. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

13. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Thank you Ocarinah!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. blackjack Well-Known Member

Alright, submitted email. Will set my house up soon.

Let's rock this, my friends. :cool:
  15. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Just wanted to give a *Bump*

Housing assignments will be going out in 5 days (On Tuesday September 4th) so if you are interested, please be sure to sign up!

Unsure, nervous, scared? We all are! But this is actually a really fun event with so many options as it does run thru NoTD. Fall themes, Halloween themes, really spooky themes!

Looking forward to another fun event!!!

Aney~
  16. Aneylee Well-Known Member

Another Bump here.

2 more days to sign up if you are interested in the ToT Home Swap.

Only thing needed is a home and an imagination!

Great thing is we have awesome folks in the Homeshow Channel that can offer ideas and advice if you get stuck with something or an idea.

I know that I have gotten stuck with what I wanted to do and it was not working out. Chat with Homeshow Channel gave me so many ideas!

So sign up if you think you would like to tackle this project,, make a home for someone and have one made for you!

Thanks.
    Aney~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and elflover like this.
  17. elflover Well-Known Member

Yes...do it....you know you wanna!
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I always offer up two-room houses! So, no worries at all, folks! :)

And I try to get at least some details about the stuff a character would like in his/her place, so Aney, if there's someone shy about doing this for the first time, or just thinking about it, feel free to offer one of my li'l bitty places. :)

Uwk
  19. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I shall do that since you offered up like 50 houses :p
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, it was only like 4-5... ;)

You have a lot to choose from! :)

Uwk
    elflover likes this.