OFFICIAL SSHHS 2022 Sign-ups

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Misstake, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Misstake Well-Known Member

The Secret Santug Holiday House Swap is a fun exchange meant to bring smiles to decorators of all skill levels. Simply put, this is a name-drawn-from-a-hat “Secret Santa” style gift exchange of a decorated home. We will assign each of you (the Santug) a home to decorate (your Santee). In turn, someone else will decorate a home for you!

WHO: Anyone that wants to join in... if you have failed to finish a home in previous years by not letting us know RL commitments make sure to check with us if you are still eligible to participate please.

If you aren’t an incredible decorator, that’s fine. People love to receive houses, no matter the skill level. This is about fun and the spirit of giving! You’re giving someone a smile, no matter what you do. After all, you’re building a house for them! All for them! It makes people feel special to get a house like that! So, stock up on house items, because we don’t care what your skill level is. If you want to spread a little holiday cheer, and receive some in return, while having fun decorating, this is for you!

WHAT: Annual Secret Santug Holiday House Swap 2022

WHEN: Signups are open NOW until 11/24/2022. (That’s 7 full days!)
    (DO NOT DELAY -- SHORTER SIGN UP TIME THIS YEAR)

• HOW TO ENTER: email- hellsangel459335@msn.com, Post on here, Post on Facebook, Send in-game mail to DK, Send me a message on Messenger.
    • Character Info:
    • Server:
    • Theme of House:
    • Where the House is:
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home
    You will receive your home signups ON or BEFORE NOVEMBER 25th, 2022. Decorating will run from NOVEMBER 25th, 2022 to JANUARY 25th, 2023.

(Heed the new dates for this year!!)
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!

We don’t want anyone panicking the days before That Holiday with A Tree in Real Life With All Those Evil Songs On The Radio because they haven’t finished the house yet.

USE THEM WISELY! USE THEM WISELY!
    WHERE: ALL SERVERS can participate!

WHY: Because we like to spread holiday cheer! We’ve found that quite a few people don’t get a chance to give or receive gifts. This holiday isn’t all about gifts, it’s about caring for yourself and others. However, nothing says “I care” quite so much as a personalized home in a game where you spend a lot of time. This is a gift that doesn’t cost any real-world money, so even the least wealthy of EQ2ers can both give and receive this gift.

OPTIONS: Some people like to offer the Santug multiple houses to pick from, please no more than 3 choices though. Some people also like to decorator on more than one server. Both are awesome but not required.

Remember there are only 61 days to decorate!

WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU SIGN UP:
    • You may offer your Santug multiple addresses. Your Santug can then choose which house to decorate. Note that they will only decorate ONE house, no matter how many addresses you list--listing multiple addresses simply allows your Santug to pick the address they feel most able to decorate for you. Please limit to 3 choices or less.
    • Grant DEVILKISS trustee access on ALL the home choices you want to offer to decorator.
    • Change the name of the home to SSHHS2022 VERY IMPORTANT! Do not modify this at all. Even if you have multiple houses you’d like to have your Secret Santug pick out of to decorate, name them all SSHHS2022. No spaces! All capital letters!
    • Make sure the home’s public access is set to “None.”
    • In each of the house choices, place a player written book in your SSHHS2022 home. Please provide house details that will be included in sign up email. Please also map out any other details about character or house you might think will help your Santug. If you do not have any ideas, please still place a book with owner character name, character race, character gender, home city, home address, and “DECORATOR’S CHOICE.”
    • Please make sure that you have at least 70 days paid upkeep if your home is not a prestige home.
    OPTIONAL: You can provide the any of the following items that may help your Santug but it is totally optional
    • House actor
    • Expanders. Crafted 100 item and/or 200 item marketplace expander (in any order but use 200 item marketplace expander since 100 item marketplace expander doesn’t stack with crafted one)
    • Guild hall door
    WANT TO HELP: No time to decorate a house but want to help? Please send email to hellsangel459335@msn.com with list of server.character names that you are willing to provide help with. Please indicate for each one how you would like to help (crafting, special merchant purchases, harvesting, layout editor help, etc.). You may sign up as helper even if you are participating in the actual swap.

Please DO NOT sign up if you think you won’t be able to finish a house in this amount of time. If you do that, the organizers have to scramble to finish the home that you left partially done.

CERTAINLY let us know if you sign up and a real-world emergency happens that causes you to be unable to participate. We will happily take over the home for you, as long as we know that we need to!

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, enter the home after November 24th, until it is announced as completed on the JANUARY 25th 2023!

Thank you for helping spread some Norrathian good cheer!

Devilkiss

2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

You KNOW Im in! Placeholder until I figure out WHO's house . . . (Q is full up but she is still my Decorator).
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Cyliena Well-Known Member

• Character Info: Jaraza Velnarin, Human Female Conjuror
    • Server: Halls of Fate
    • Theme of House: My conjuror has no decorated homes, so something she can relax in after a hard day of blowing things up!
    • Where the House is: Qeynos, Secluded Sanctum prestige home
    • Additional Info: I started tiling in this house nearly a decade ago... then real life and a hiatus intervened. The tiling doesn't need to stay unless you want to use it. Will love to see what someone can do with the place! :)
    For my part in decorating, I'd like to do it with my carpenter, Trimia, on Halls of Fate.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Two questions:

1) When you say "all servers," does this include Public Test? I've got a few houses on each of all the other 5 servers I'm on; only one house has ever been done on my 6th server of Public Test (and what a house I got! :D).

2) Am I still eligible to participate? :oops:

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

• Ok . . so here is my info . . . of course if "someone" needs me to enter on Thurgadin also. . . I can do that as well . . . *looks around to Uwk*
    • Alas I dont really have the ability to do this on TEST.
    • Character Info: Shahara
    • Server: Skyfire
    • Theme of House: FROSTFELL
    • Where the House is: Neriak 3 Walk of the Dead (5 room)
    • Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home : use the stuff in the crate as much as possible.
  6. Misstake Well-Known Member

1) if we can get enough participants on that server or any server. But need at least 2.

2) Of course you can =D
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks! :)

If there's no one on Test (/sigh), I might hop onto Thurgadin again (hey, Q! :D) or possibly Skyfire, but oddly enough, those are my most popular, apparently... ;->

So the question would be, who hasn't had their place done yet... ;->

And what kind of Frostfell theme can I come up with for them? One issue with having over 130 toons is that I don't always know them all that well...hmm... /ponder

EDIT: Okay, I can offer three houses: a possible on Public Test, a possible on Skyfire, or a possible on Thurgadin. Let me know where there's a need. :)

Uwk
    who vastly prefers 2- to 4-room places to decorate, and a lovely somewhat->a lot detailed theme ;)
    Breanna likes this.
  8. draidean Well-Known Member

I'm in on AB with Celestiell I will come back and fill this out when I get set up =)

Character Info: Celestiell
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Theme of House: Merry Christmas
    Where the house is: Qeynos Prestige Housing Portal choice between City of Mist, Shar Vahl, or Mara Estate
    Additional info for decorator: This year is special for me as I've been accepted into the Catholic Church. My confirmation will be at Easter. So the holiday means something more/different to me this year. Something on the theme of Jesus' birth would be lovely but anything happy and bright will be fine. I also love cozy holiday homes and Christmas markets. Lots of lights =) I also love Harry Potter so that kind of Happy Christmas theme would be fun too. Or just surprise me if you have an idea..I love surprises! You don't have to decorate the whole house (though you can if you want to). Let DK know if you need the expanders or anything else from me and I'll be happy to provide it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*sure hope peeps are emailing you cause from HERE it looks like 4 people on 4 different servers*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Misstake like this.
  10. Misstake Well-Known Member

Yes they are lol
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyliena like this.
  11. Aeval New Member

I emailed you my info for Skyfire :)
    Misstake and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Again, lemme know where you'll need someone, and I can be there on definitely three, up to 6 different servers (including Test)! :D

Uwk
  13. Caldyron New Member

Character: Caldyron Vanguard
    Server: Antonia Bayle
    Theme: Christmas
    Where: 4 Bayle Court
    Additional Info: I love decorating more than anything, just life happened. I also have an alternate but I'll have to get his address in Freeport first.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Misstake like this.
  14. Misstake Well-Known Member

Yep I got you down =D
  15. Misstake Well-Known Member

Right now you can join on any of the 4 main servers.
  16. Jenn Ellis New Member

Got mine in on Ellavina
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ahh! Will have 'em in by the deadline tonight, promise... :-/

Uwk
    Misstake likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, here we go... ;->

Only two, since I doubt we'll have anyone else for Test (/sigh):

For Skyfire:
    Character Info: Nitrileous Toluener / Gnome / Conjuror / Jeweler / Male / Good
    Server: Skyfire
    Theme of House: Frostfell Luv ;)
    Where the House is: 17 Tranquil Way, South Qeynos (4-room)
    Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home: Nitrile (or "Nitro," as he's known to the ladies), is a massive romantic, with Erollisi Day actually being his favorite holiday (he thinks Dalron is a mere Human amateur), but Frostfell is wonderful, too (mistletoe; cold enough for fireplaces, blankets, spiked eggnog, warm food/cold desserts [chocolate is a fave ;->]; presents; you get the idea)... ;->

EDIT: Decorator = Karanasdottir

For Thurgadin:
    Character Info: Reinouten Tatu / Wood Elf / Troubadour / Woodworker / Male / Good
    Server: Thurgadin
    Theme of House: Frostfell Tunes (and dragons)! :D
    Where the House is: 17 Tranquil Way, South Qeynos (4-room)
    Any additional info you want to share with the person decorating your home: Two main things in his life: music and dragons! He loves dragons, loves everything about them, no matter how scary they are (no dragon heads or wings on the wall, please! :eek:) ... real dragons, not wyverns (= things with only two legs and two wings. Doesn't matter what they're called, those are wyverns ;->). He'd love to be able to ride around on a dragon, if he could (lost traveler from Pern? ;->). Holiday festivities for a "party house" will revolve around those two elements, as well as the usual decorations. :)

EDIT: Decorator = Ratta

Uwk
  19. Misstake Well-Known Member

I need to be added to trustee on your house. Also your mailbox is full so please clear a space so I can give you your assignment. Thank you.
  20. Misstake Well-Known Member

Ok so there is only 6 days left to decorate. It is due by the 25th @ 11:59 PM PST. If you run into any trouble or do not think you can finish please let me know. I will be going to go see my mom and family but will still be reachable here or by email or Facebook. I can also hop into game. Unless I send you a mail you make look at your house starting Jan 26th @ Midnight PST. Thank you all.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and draidean like this.