Offhand, 2 Handed, and Ranged Changes are Live!

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

From today's patch notes:

COMBAT
    • Flurry and AE auto-attack now work for ranged weapons and off-hand melee weapons!
    • Ranged AE auto-attack will be a splash around the primary target
    ITEMS
    • Two handed Weapons and Ranged Weapons have had their damage ratings increase

Also these Berserker changes snuck in.
    • “Bind Wound” now heals the warrior to full.
    • “Hold the Line” and “Aggressive Defense” now trigger threat 100% of the time on a successful block.
    • “Aggressive Nature” now increases the threat amounts on “Hold the Line” and “Aggressive Defense.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

still thinking the offhand aoe/flurry is too much.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Eh, not really when you consider that every other class gets it too, and it's possible to come pretty close to 100% AoE auto-attack without the Zerker mythical.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i'm sticking with my thumbs down on this. and when i tank, it's gonna be that much harder to hold aggro off of brig/swash/ssin.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hardain Guest

Some people are never happy.
  6. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

I am in love with it. Zerkers are suppose to the the aoe king anyway but the crusaders were given more true blue 360 aoe abilities than the zerker.
    Single target wise the zerker will still be behind but again for the nice aoe aa that zerkers have it is a nice trade off.
    I would also like to mention that this change doesn't make all zerkers the aoe aa powerhouse till the myth comes into play.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Tenka@Nagafen wrote:
    Brigs don't get AE melee nor Flurry. So:
    1) You don't have to worry about it from Brigs.
    2) Brigs fell down another notch on the DPS list yesterday.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Wilin wrote:
    Very true. Brigs are basically dpsing like bards nowdays. They are basically just debuffers and they are loosing ground there as well.
    Sorry I got off track here.
  9. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i don't think it will be too much once they change attack skill modifiers to be uncontested which was said to be a "bug". the old ways of thinking are gone and more classes are going to gain from upcoming changes so don't go speaking for the class when it hasn't gotten much love in quite some time short of a few AA abilities that gave us a bump.
  10. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

yeah because this game is so hard. melee dps classes need more dps. neat for zerks too, but everyone knows zerks are worse off than guardians in every way too. i mean, now that we can go dw and hit 100% aoe and multiple hits on every turn, maybe we can keep up with guards. yeah, i heard from a reliable source that 101% dbl atk will mean 1% chance to triple attack in the near future. 201% dbl atk = 1% chance to quad. bout time ! this game is just way too hard !
  11. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    I was away at school for bit. Can you clarify your comment about attack skills? Attack skills used to be contested. Are you saying:
    A) They are currently contested but they will become uncontested?
    or
    B) They became uncontested at some point but will become contested again?
    Thanks
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Attack skills (Slashing, Piercing, etc) are uncapped. The higher your skill, the higher your hit rate. Eventually if your attack skills are high enough, you will not miss.
    They are also contested versus your target's level and your target's defensive skills. The higher your target's level, the more skill you need.
  13. ARCHIVED-Wilin Guest

Ya, I've got that.
    But, Lyger mentioned "uncontested" and "change". So what exactly is changing? Is it something to do with being contested or something to do with being uncapped or something else?
  14. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Epic mobs ignore your Defense and Parry skills this expansion.
  15. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

at fan faire it was brought up that stats like crit act like contested skills against higher level mobs which is why 100% crit does not equal 100% crit in reality which shows on combat tracker. at least that is how i understand it. in time there may be things such as triple attacks, which are in other word are flurries but i don't know for sure what they intend to do in future expansions for say 200+ double attacks.