[off topic] Youtube music both weird and unusual

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

So I asked if it was cool to post off-topic stuffs here, and I got a vague "sure, go for it" so here we go!

I am a massive fan of unusual and weird music, very frequently bordering on being terrible in a bad way, and I thought this would be fun to share not only the odd stuff, but perhaps even just music you enjoy and think others might enjoy as well! Before we can hop right into it, though, I'm gonna lay down the law here.

RULES
    1. Your music must be appropriate. If I can play it in the same room with a 10 year old child and a 90 year old sweet gramma who bakes the best cookies this side of the atlantic, then share it! That includes video AND lyrics. If the poor sweet gramma is gonna keel over because it happens to be ritual black ambient, but is clean in video and lyrics, then that doesn't count. Questionable taste flies here as long as it's appropriate.

2. Please try to link one video per post, to avoid things getting super boggy. Antique computers and all of that.

3. Provide artist/song title and description! No one likes mystery links. If I'm allergic to yodelling, and you absolutely MUST share Kerry Christiansen for the world to hear, then I'd love to have some warning. It can be brief, but it's a good way to encourage people to check out new things.

4. Weird/unusual music is great! Typical music is great! Share stuff that you think people would like to check out, or just that you like to rock out when you mute the EQ2 soundtrack (even though it's so boss that I've got a CD in my car).

So with all that down, let's hop into this with one of my weirder likes.

"Noises Off" - Ravenous soundtrack

This is what happens when you give third graders their first instruments and have them perform a soundtrack. This is, straight legit, a soundtrack from an actual movie and you will receive this song if you buy the soundtrack on iTunes. The movie is pretty baller as well.
  2. NickStern Active Member

Enigma Principles of Lust

Strangely not at all about lust but passion and true feeling an all time strange favorite.
    Many Images used in this version fit the game style as well.

3. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Enigma in general is a great band; I love their music.
    Wanderingbat and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. NickStern Active Member

I mainly appreciate the background rhythms they use makes for great relaxation meditation.
  5. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

"The Last Stand" - Koda is a great one in that reguard. Beautiful ambient sound, some lyrics but nothing that detracts at all. It's very mellow and ethereal, and I just love the overall feel of it.
  6. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Merzbow (Masami Akita) - Japan - Noise Rock

Wirewhisker likes this.
  7. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Noise music is one of those genres I keep trying to get into, but just never seem to be able to. Right up there with blues, for some inexplicable reason.
    Wirewhisker and Vainamoinen like this.
  8. NickStern Active Member

MMM Vey nice that Last Stand just got added to my play list for my down times/need to chill times.

Another one I really find compelling is Gregorian - The Dark Side of the Chant
    much more lyrics but still Melodious and relaxing. I actually like they transform more modern music/songs into chants.

Wirewhisker, ColbyJack and Finora like this.
  9. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

I haven't really tried getting into it. I find it interesting but it's very difficult for me to listen to for any appreciable amount of time.

Sunn O))), on the other hand, are good for several listens. They keep getting shoved into the Drone Metal genre, but I don't think that is a valid label for them.

Wirewhisker and ColbyJack like this.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

The Orb - Lost and Found

[IMG]
    Charlice and ColbyJack like this.
  11. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Two more added to my list of musics, awesome :) I approve of both, for completely different reasons.

Amaranthe - "Elecroheart"

It's a bit pop-ish, yes, but it's heavy enough for me to enjoy during raids or groups when I'm kicked out of voice for prattling endlessly. I think it's a Swedish group, if I remember right?
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

You need some Australian stuff in here tbh.
    Okies I'll pick something else. We'd class that as pretty tame here. And ewww it's not rap it's hip hop.

And hip hop! With an orchestra!
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

While I appreciate australian music, just watch the lyric content... rap is especially difficult because it's easy to float things past, but I super don't want this thread shut down because I'm playing it safe with SoE's rating.

Edit -- still a good song, and some pretty legit skillz.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  14. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

My aussie contribution:
    Calling All Cars -- Werewolves.
    This is the live studio version; they have a music video but it's got nekkedness in it. Search for it on your own if you want.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm kinda late to the party as far as watching Game of Thrones is concerned (I wanted to read the novels first and I recently finished A Dance with Dragons), so while playing EQ2, I'm mostly listening to an assortment of GoT Dubstep remixes such as the following:

16. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I heard someone say dubstep. Therefore, I dubstep thee...

Freestylers feat. Belle Humble - Cracks (Flux Pavillion Remix)

17. Wanderingbat Active Member

What a great idea. lol This was pretty cool. Took me back to the days my daughter played flute in grade school. :)
  18. Wanderingbat Active Member

I adore Enigma.
  19. Wanderingbat Active Member

Ok, that truly revealed itself as the 'weird and unusual". Oi. lol
  20. Wanderingbat Active Member

Awesome, I'm totally addicted to GoT also. Yes, I have read the books. Just watched the first show of the season tonight. :)

Lovin' that dubstep. Although, I have heard some that just wasn't quite right. But this was really good.