[off topic] I lost my father yesterday

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

My father passed away peaceably in his sleep in the hospital last night. It was something that we saw coming, and we all got to say our goodbyes, but it's never easy.
    Throughout all of this, I've had nothing but support from all the friends I've met and made through this community. Everyone has been wonderful and there for me, and I think it's good to be part of something that is more than just a game to not only me, but to others.

So I just wanted to thank everyone.
    For being there for me, and for others, and for just being a community that is there through the thick and the thin.
    FriggaWitch and Seefar like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

*hugs* Its only a matter of time before my mother goes... so I know how you must feel. Take care and know that his pains and problems have ended and he is in a better place now.
    FriggaWitch, Seefar and suka like this.
  3. Aivet Well-Known Member

My condolences, Colby. *raises glass*
    Seefar likes this.
  4. Amybelle Member

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Regardless of circumstances, losing a parent is never easy.

To you, and your dad ... *raises glass*
    Seefar and suka like this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Hugs Colby. I lost my dad 14 years ago. He was my best friend and I still miss and think of him every day. I am just grateful that he was my dad. Love to you and your family.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

My condolences ColbyJack. :(
    Seefar likes this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Aw, Colby. <<<HUGS>>>
    Seefar likes this.
  8. Tooloose Active Member

I certainly don't know you on the forums, but I may have bumped into on Nagafen. Regardless, my condolences go out to you. It can be a sad thing for gamers to lose loved ones because of how much time some of us spend in the virtual world. I hope you don't have any regrets and that your transition in life is peaceful.

You seem like a well rounded, calm, and collected person.

Feel better monsieur.
    Seefar likes this.
  9. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

awww Colby *hugs sneaks her some brie and wine to help*
    Seefar likes this.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about your loss.
    Seefar likes this.
  11. Axaqi Member

Sorry about your loss. It sounds like his passing was as good as it could have.
    Hugs!
    Seefar likes this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Many may not like this joke, but this was told to me at a funeral that I went to. "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather did... and not screaming in panic like his bus passengers did"
    Prissetta and Seefar like this.
  13. Airros Active Member

Well, I thought it was funny :D

But seriously, Cheese Man, I had no warning when either of my parents died, and you may or may not see it now, but you were blessed to be able to say goodbye. I hope you realize it (if not now, in time) and cherish that moment. It doesn't change the hurt now though, and as I relive the tears of my loss through yours, I share in your grief. Here's to the people we love and lose to the one thing that waits for nobody...time... *cheers*
    Prissetta and Seefar like this.
  14. Valzen Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. My parents passed 5 years ago, 10 months apart. It still is difficult at times.

You're right. Everyone in the community I talk to is very supportive and kind.
    EQ2 is great.
  15. Levatino Active Member

My condolances and I wish you and your realtives lots of strenghth in the coming time
  16. Katz Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss Colby.
  17. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss ColbyJack and I am thankful for you and him for his peaceful passing.

I am losing my Father slowly to some rare blood disease that really has no name, so they say. This journey has already proved to be trying. Watching him suffer takes its toll. There are times I feel I have reached my limit but then I look at the man I have admired for so long and I am ashamed of my weakness.

A life is so precious.
  18. Xsara Member

Whether it is sudden or a long time coming, it is never easy to lose someone. I am sorry for your loss.
  19. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, Colby. I'm glad that you've been able to find some comfort in the community. EQ2 may be "just a game" to some, but there are some truly wonderful people to be met here, and I know this game has been a positive thing to many trying to work their way through difficult times.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i am so sorry to hear that. no it is never easy and you will cherish those goodbyes. when my dad died it was hard on us and my mom (and all of us) still misses him. but she was with him and so was my sister when he died and she always clings to the memories of better times when he wasn't so sick.
    FriggaWitch and Valzen like this.