Off topic but to my friends here:

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Eight months ago we were preparing for my Moms funeral . . . we really thought she was going to die.
    But today she celebrated her 80th Birthday. She is still alive and kicking . . albeit not on her own exactly. Still too weak to walk very far on her own strength so she can't come home but she is still with us.
    Just thought I would let you all know.
    It was a friend of ours that truly saved her. . . but that is another story. . . probably better for PM's anyway. . .
    Thank you all.

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULAR PROGRAMMING
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

Quiarrah I'm really happy to hear that your mother is doing well and that she was here to celebrate her 80th birthday with you and your family. It's wonderful that she has recovered enough to spend that time with you all and that you can all create new memories before she moves on. Enjoy the time you have with her because that is precious.

Sadly, my mother doesn't speak to any of us nor spends time with any of our family. She cut herself off years ago and we all miss her and as much as we try to let her know how much we love her, she wants nothing to do with any of the family, so I know just how precious that time is and I'm really glad for you and yours to be able to share that time together. My mother will be 80 years old this coming November, my daughter is 30 now, and the last time my mother and I spoke was when my daughter was five, so it's been quite a long time, and I still miss her even today.
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that Merriel.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Grats to you and your mom, Quiarrah! :D

And hugs to Merriel...ours may be going the same way at some point. Think it started after both parents had passed...kind of feels like Yugoslavia; once the "Big Daddy" (Tito) was gone, everyone started squabbling at each others' throats. :-/

But again, that's probably better for PMs. X-P

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

Thank you, Quiarrah and Uwkete.

There was no squabbling involved in my mothers case, Uwkete. She just up and decided one day she wasn't going to associate with anyone in the family anymore and moved away. No reason or explanation given, but I also know she has the same auto-immune disease I, my daughter, and my granddaughter all have. It's called Graves disease and while it primarily attacks the thyroid gland, it affects every aspect of our lives and attacks much more than just the thyroid gland.

I didn't know much about the autoimmune disease back when she stopped talking to us all, but living with the disease, I've come to know and recognize just how much of an impact it has in my own life, and I have a better understanding of why she did it. She doesn't have to have a good reason for it...the neurological impact of the disease is reason enough. It doesn't lessen the pain any that she chooses not to talk to us or spend time with us, though.

There are times when I don't want to spend time with my daughter or my grandkids, but knowing how it feels to have my mother do that to us, I refuse to ever get to that point of excluding my daughter or grandkids in my life. I love them all very much. My daughter, also having to live with the disease, understands this and knows that when I don't want her or the kids around, it isn't because I don't love them, but because of what I'm going through; and that when the moment passes, I will welcome her and the kids again. The same goes for her...if she isn't feeling up to seeing me, I don't push it...I wait until she is ready to see me again.

Anyways, it's not my intent to derail this thread, so back to the topic at hand...
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least you recognize it and realize what's going on...ride the wave out while it lasts, then back to shore again and good times. :)

And here's to Quiarrah and her mom and good times ahead! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Merriel like this.
  7. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

If all goes well (signing papers and the OK from the doctor and no major hassels) We will be bringing my mom HOME where she belongs on Monday Nov. 1
    Can't wait to get her back! She will have to stay in her room and not try and do things she used to do. . . but at least she will be HOME!
    Gretel, Ocarinah, Merriel and 4 others like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOO-HOO!! Grats! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah, Prissetta and Merriel like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

That is awesome news, Quiarrah! I was just thinking of your mom this morning in my morning prayers. I'm glad to hear she will be returning home to you all. :)
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Really awesome news!