Of Poisons, Dark Elves and Dirges

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Raitor, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Raitor New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a question I couldn't find a satisfying answer for so far.
    Dirges are not normally poison users, but poisons like acidic blast or warding ebb can be used by them.
    Now my question is if they are actually seen as poisons when dirges apply them or more as potion effects?
    The reason I ask is because I want to know if the racial ability Poison Expertise of the Dark Elf triggers for this or not.

I hope someone knows the answer. (I can't use those yet, so I can't just try it out...)
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

They are considered poisons, but you're not as in-depth as a predator or rogue. (Maybe thank your kittens for that, since caustic poisons are exorbitantly priced, unless you make them yourself.)
  3. EmJay Well-Known Member

The prices of caustic poison are exorbitant because you need the rare from the AoM zones to make it. There hasn't been a new damage poison since AoM.

I am a predator and have been using and stacking poisons since launch. Rangers have an AA that increases the effectiveness of caustic poison. And Assassins have an AA line that increases the effectiveness of hemotoxin. I do not know if any other scout has such AA lines.

I do have points in my caustic poison AA and at one time our damage poison did a very decent amount of damage. Since that time though, the damage done has continuously dropped further and further down the parse. Although it's a tad more damage, I guess, once my hiven roots run out and I can no longer make the poison, I will discontinue using it and redistribute those AAs somewhere useful.