Odus and Kunark?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Smuricat, Feb 18, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Smuricat Guest

Having fun in Faydwer, BUT I still cant wait for the arrival of continents of Odus or Kunark. Any word on when they will be arriving?
    Last Year we had KoS out in March and EoF out in November, PLUS "Fallen Dynasty" in-between, is SOE slowing its content production?
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragowulf2 Guest

I thought the last EQ2 Stratics Dev chat they stated that they're going to take longer on this next expansion...longer than any other expansions they have released before... I could be wrong.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ogrebear Guest

Fallen Dynasty was an adventure pack, and they said at the last time people where able to ask them question that they didn't have any adventure packs planed for this years. That they where going to concentrate on free content and expansions. They also said that they where going to spend more time working on expantion so i would not expect the next one to come out for 9-12 months So that September to Decemberish... Most likely September.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well EoF took 9 months itself... another expansion in November of 2007? Can the community last that long?
  5. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

I am not sure, looks pretty dead now, in the meantime having done (without bragging) most of what the game has to offer : Ranger 70 - Carpenter 70 - 100 AAS, all HQs done, fully raid geared blah, blah, blah, ... I am turning to Vanguard which is pretty interesting (diplomacy) despite the poor character graphics and the growing lag ... Until EQ2 shows a new expansion or 'at least' an adventure pack' ... but it seems the game designers took a break, which is well deserved after all ;)
  6. ARCHIVED-daeaorn Guest

Some place the devs said they are not making any APs for a while and they are going to take mroe time making expansions which is a good thing it will allow them to make quality expansions
  7. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

Hmm... does anyone remember when EoF was announced? Assuming that the next expansion runs somewhere close to Faydwer's nine-month development cycle, I'd imagine that we'd be getting the first mention of it in the next month or two.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

I really hope SOE anounces something soon. I'm kinda chomping at the bit wondering whats going to be next wondering why we havent had any hints yet. I like the hints that way speculation has a direction instead of just open random speculation. One of my friends said something today that he heard in a pod cast that some eq2 pod casters were invited to the SOE studios or something and they got to see some stuff that was under the NDA but what they did say is that in the next 10-12 months expect to see something from SoE that will blow people away. Granted this is like not first hand (since i my self havent heard the podcast) but that got me excited i hope something big will be out this year that will make lots of people excited. Has anyone heard that podcast? I need to try and look it up. But as far as the the point of the post Odus or Kunark I want Kunark all the way. I had an iksar necro in eq1 and have one in eq2. I love the iksar and i wanat to see my home.
  9. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

Kunark is the best all time expansion in EQ history, and I think they should make something more interesting rather than these 2 continents....Something that we dont really think about to often..something that was really fogotten in EQ1 OR Odus. I say Odus because i believe that Kunark will need alot of care and it needs some caring developers to create such a land.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jixx Guest

They have already announced the next adventure pack. I'm looking to see if I can find the link. Scott Hartman spoke of it also in a recent podcast. The next expansion pack wont be advertised nor will it be scrutinized by the public. When SOE release it, they release it (and bug free he added). O-o
  11. ARCHIVED-Findarato Guest

Kunark will be the next one!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Sartredes Guest

Wasn't EoF announced, or at least hinted at during a Fan Faire (last year, I think)? There was a puzzle and all that that people worked on.
  13. ARCHIVED-Nocifer Deathblade Guest

Yeah, I read somewhere that dev said that they were not going to release expansions every 6 months anymore. They actually said that it was a mistake to do that and stopped doing it..
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah... they haven't said anything.
  15. ARCHIVED-lucid_dream Guest

16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Hehe. US Patent Office, once again you have come through for us.
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

[p]If you read Coyote's report from the summit Day Three - A Tour of SOE and the blasted NDA.. you can see him curse the NDA repeatedly and state for the record that the year will be really cool.[/p][p]Heck read his whole report from day one you will be laughing your <blank> off[/p][p]::EDIT:: BTW it looks like the fan Fair has been anouced, got the link form Ten Ton Hammer[/p][p]I really hope they don't wait until the Fan Fair to Annouce the Expaintion because I can't wait until August to find out about it... to me it sounds more like they are going to be either Launching Beta or lifting the NDA there.[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Sartredes Guest

ke'la wrote:
    Figures. I already committed to go to GenCon with some friends in August. No way to swing two conventions that close together. Grrrrr.