Odd persistent particle effect upon zoning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by PsiberDaemon, Feb 6, 2020.

1. PsiberDaemon Active Member

Good morning!
    So I've been trying to pin down a pattern for this. Basically, every time I zone (no matter where or how) upon entering the zone this strange crimson particle effect surrounds my character there's the most annoying noise and then it disappears. It doesn't effect my character in any way that I can see, it's just annoying.
    Here's what I've determined so far...
    1) It only seems to be on characters I've created AFTER Blood of Luclin.
    2) The toons all collected the 10year Merc veteran reward (Shadowknight/Paladin)
    3) The ONLY have these Mercs. No others.
    4) It seems to be attached to this "Mercenary Battalion" buff that I've never seen before. I've tried caceling it (both with the merc summoned and with the merc dismissed) the buff SAYS it's canceled and disappears from my screen, but the moment I zone, it reappears, along with this annoying particle effect and buzzing.
    Anyone else have this going on? I mean, it doesn't affect game play (other than it's just annoying as heck LOL)
    Marae likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That would be the Mercenary Battalion buff. In your maintained spells window, it looks like a coin. the color of the coin depends on the archetype of the last merc summoned. So far as I am aware, you can't turn it off. It's a short term lightshow, anyway.
    Marae, Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

True enough, it's short-term, but as the OP says, extremely annoying. I have mercs on every one of my 14 characters and I do a lot of zoning. While I appreciate the buff, I am sick of its announcement.

I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but can't remember which thread.