Odd "out of memory" error message

Discussion in 'Performance Support' started by ARCHIVED-Razorlan, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Razorlan Guest

I have had crashing problems with EQ2 for quite some time now, but it usually hits only once an hour or so. Today I got onto my dark elf who was in Freeport. I had not played the character for quite some time. I experienced a crash about 10 minutes into playing the character, and while on that character I continue to experience the crash every 10 minutes or so. I have verified my files in the patcher, as well as checking my video drivers and dx9 files. Here is the really odd part: the error message I am getting is not one I have seen before (that I can recall). Here is the exact message: "Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown. <verify> G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (3400): DirectX Error. (E_OUTOFMEMORY) 00b095e2" I do not understand why it is referring to a "G" drive at all, since I do not have a G drive. Can anyone interpret this for me please?
  2. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Razorlan wrote:
    How much available memory do you have on your computer? If you can, please create a ticket and include your Dxdiag/Msinfo. PM me the ticket reference number so I can look into it.
  3. ARCHIVED-Razorlan Guest

I hate to sound like a complete newbie, since I actually started playing EQ1 more years ago than some of my kids are old, but... exactly how do I do all that?
  4. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

Razorlan wrote:
    Click on Start and type in dxdiag, press enter:

[IMG]

This brings up the tool below. Click on the button circled in red below. Save the file dxdiag.txt to your desktop.
    [IMG]

Open dxdiag.txt in Notepad and copy and paste it into a support ticket in-game under /PETITION, in-game support.
  5. ARCHIVED-Razorlan Guest

Okay, done. I couldn't figure out how to make it add the files or cut and paste from the in-game window, but I did find the same form on the web site. I added my MSinfo32 and dxdiag text files with the "add files" button on the bottom of the form. I will pm you the reference number. It might be worth mentioning here that so far, the problem seems to only be occurring in the city of Freeport itself, and only while I am moving, not while standing still. The similar crashing problems I have had were also in cities, never outside of them. It occurred to me that, since I have had this installed on my computer since it was in the beta testing before it went live, I might have old files mucking things up. What old files in particular should I check for?
    Edit: I just had the same issue happen in Neriak, also. If I recall correctly, I have had that issue in Neriak before, but nowhere near the frequency that it is happening in Freeport city.
  6. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Razorlan wrote:
    Attach those files to a support ticket and send the ticket reference number to Sean or myself. Instructions are below:

You can return the generated files to us by following these instructions:

Point your browser to www.soe.com
    Click the SUPPORT link on the top of www.soe.com
    On the Support page, click the VIEW MY SERVICE HISTORY link on the right side of the page under the orange "wrench" icon.
    On the following page, click the SERVICE HISTORY tab and log in when prompted.
    When logged in, click the subject of this ticket under the QUESTIONS section (Unable to Connect to Login Server).
    Add a few lines in the text box then click the BROWSE button below to attach your files.
    Submit your ticket.
  7. ARCHIVED-apkieros Guest

HI,
    I have recently started getting that exact same error and crash. This is recent, I should have more than enough memory.
    Thanks
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

apkieros wrote:
    Hey Apkieros! I'd suggest submitting a ticket as well. We will be more than happy to look into this for you!
  9. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I know I get a out of Memory crash message that says that my webcam is causing it...I do not have a webcam, nor do I have it or voice enabled (I'll enable voice for groups but that is all)
  10. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

Here is what it says when I crash:

Fatal Error

Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.
    <verify> G:\test\eq2\framwork\core\devices\Webcam.cpp(1347):
    DirectX Error. (ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY)
    00b340bd23740000

Like I've stated I'm not using a Webcame and have it and voice chat turned off.
  11. ARCHIVED-TSR-AlexS Guest

Zabjade wrote:
    Have you already submitted a ticket about this? If so, please PM Sean or myself so we can look over it!
  12. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

TSR-AlexS wrote:
    No, I have not, have been off a couple of nights, was hoping that others where having similar issues and there was a general fix coming.
    I'll post a ticket if needed.
    *Tries to rememeber how to open a petetion without going in came since I can't cut and past into the game.*