Oceansfull Fishing Rod

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Rynnn, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Rynnn Member

Where to get and how to get it.

You must Fish it out of the orange schools of fish that are floating inside the Trench of Terrors: Solo.

You will also need to fish out the components to craft this from those same schools of fish inside the dungeon.

You will need to fish these items out:

1 woodfall Timber
    1 Scrap of Bulthar Hide
    1 Nererd hair
    5 Marid Shells
    5 Coral Reef Sponges
    You will need a workbench to craft this. It will show up as a fish on a hook in your inventory.
    Click on it to Scribe it. Find it in your spells and click it on.

This Fishing rod allows you to see pretty well under water, run, jump and breath under water.
    If you are attacked, it will cancel your spell.
    Just reclick it back on and you are good to go. :)

I hope this helps others out trying to find this.
    Happy Oceansfell to you all! <3
    Jesaine likes this.
  2. Aterskia Active Member

sems lots uhv infomaton,...
    or.
    avoid onerousness:mad: ,
    an' jus do Heritage Quest fur Hadden's Earring.
    wif Hadden's Earring's effect yu's gits 12 HOURS of water breaths (REGARDLESS of yur action(s))
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've been told it also gives you an overseer quest, is that true?
  4. Aterskia Active Member

me'es SEWS tahwee!!!:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    me's twyin' do dis very quest,
    an a Wall Sconce be's broke, or sum ting, hidden door no opens,... oh wells.
    sews,.. likies so mani zones me'es be's finds recently,.. dey BWOKEN!
    sews diswegard me's suggestion!
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Once you have the fishing rod, it consumes svarni silverfins while you fish any fishing node you want. You have a chance to pull up A Soggy Boot, which can be consumed to add an overseer quest. You can have up to 10 charges of the overseer quest, which gives you an achievement and title when you reach 10.
    Alyndrys, Bludd and Breanna like this.
  6. girney Active Member

woodfall timber appears to be very rare
  7. Mowse Well-Known Member

“Where to get and how to get”… I don’t see that explained. Probably me and reading comprehension and not sure where Trench of Terror is.
  8. Mowse Well-Known Member

I found it... quest starts it
    Terrors Run Deep

OMW
    Twyla likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, no; I think you were right the first time. The fishing pole sounds -- less than useful, and the way to get it seems really obtuse, tedious, and completely unobtainable for anyone not at least 120th level, whereas Hadden's Earring can be started, at least, at level 25. :)

Yeah, it's complex, but it's also a Heritage quest, so that's to be expected. ;)

What I would recommend, seriously, is the old Zam article on it; for me, it's infinitely better than the Wiki article (and now with far less annoying completely unrelated videos! :D)

For me, the main irritating part is the nonsensical (imho) need to kill both Lord Everling ("Nektropos Annoyance" is right :rolleyes:) and Hrath T'vol for the sake of a silly water-breathing spell, essentially, but you can also get other stuff in those buildings, so... /shrug

Oh, and the other annoying thing is the relative dearth of Status points (which are waaay harder to get these days than mere plat, apparently) you get after this long hard slog... :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.
  10. Aterskia Active Member

oh,... awl rite.
    me'es Tankies Yu's! fur 'courgment!:D:D:D:D:D:D
    me'es was tinkin' it was sum-ting wrung wif Zone; tur nout was sum-ting wrung wif me'es...:oops::oops::oops:
    giss "complexity"(Onerousness©? me'es admit, me's REALLY tired of Onerousness©) is/was to be's 'pected.:rolleyes:

giss me's wil twy uh-gin.
    ehnee budi knoe if be'es Zone-Wide Update wen Whatshisname be's killed untils he be's died fum it??
    if sew, mehbe i's shuld bring uhvers wif me's.:cool:
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been able to do the whole thing solo (not even molo! ;->), but it may go faster with a group. Ymmv. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna and Aterskia like this.