Oceansfull Festival Returns!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]Summer Jubilee is almost over, and this is your last chance to upgrade your Golden F’Aestival Bracers.

Ahoy, Norrathians! As summer winds down, the celebrating only gets bigger and better. And we did not hold back for Oceansfull Festival. It’s that time of the year to raise a flagon and celebrate Ocean Lord, Prexus, for all he does both above and below the surface. This is also the final in-game event for Summer Jubilee and your last opportunity to get or upgrade your Golden F’Aestival Bracers to its full power.

[IMG]

Before we jump too far ahead, let’s break down what’s new for this year’s Oceansfull Festival. There are dozens of new items that can be earned by all players of any level and on any server type through quests and the Clam Shell Game where even more rewards and items are being added to the mix along with all sorts of things you were able to earn in the past.

[IMG]

Beware the depths of Awuidor: Trench of Terror! (It’s pronounced “ow-ih-door”.) How many of you adventurers will have the courage and fortitude to brave the deadly layers of this level 120+ dungeon in order to face the horrors that await to be released into the world? As the name implies, this will not be for the faint of heart, but the rewards will certainly be worth it. Thanks to the terrifying deeds of Shahmari nayads, you can find the quest to open a portal to this hellish dungeon by traveling to Nipik's Haven in Eastern Wastes.

[IMG]

New Features
    • Live Servers
      • New Quest:
        • Terrors Run Deep offered by Mimmi at Nipik's Haven in Eastern Wastes for players level 120+.
      • New 120+ dungeon with solo and heroic versions:
        • Awuidor: Trench of Terrors [Heroic] and [Solo]
        • Includes new daily mission: Trawling the Terrors [Event]
      • Clam Shell Game has 33 items (9 of which are brand new, and 10 have not been attainable since 2019!).
    • Special Rules Servers
      • Varsoon - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
        • Terrors Run Deep, “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors”, Oceansfull of Good Food, To Shell and Back, Beach Party Brawl, and “Sacraments of the Deep” collection.
      • Kaladim - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
        • Terrors Run Deep, “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors”, and Oceansfull of Good Food.
      • Kael Drakkel - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
        • Terrors Run Deep, “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors”, and Oceansfull of Good Food.
      • Tarinax - The event is active, with the following exceptions (due to expansion availability):
        • Terrors Run Deep, “Awuidor: Trench of Terrors”, Oceansfull of Good Food, and To Shell and Back.
    Oceansfull Festival began today and ends on August 24, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT. Don’t forget to bring your bracers!

Update: Oceansfull Festival now ends on August 26, 2022 at the listed time above. Summer Jubilee merchants will remain in game until August 31, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

2. Frubar Member

Awuidor: Trench of Terror! (It’s pronounced “ow-ih-door”.)

Is that ow as in bow or ow as in cow?
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Very disappointed in the drop rate for the Copper Jubilation Medals on Varsoon, Kaitheel. My friend opened 80 shells and got 2 medals. I opened 50 shells with no medals. I do plan to try again, but it does not look like I will be able to get the medals I need.
    Schmetterling, Daryx, Jesaine and 3 others like this.
  4. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Fun festival, but it seems to be a bit of a short run. Would like to see it be extended a week, to be honest.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Which "bow"? The longbow/shortbow one, or the bend from the waist one does as a greeting? :)

I recall in Pathfinder's TT gaming when they were discussing the return of the Drow, one headline: "Rhymes with bow." ;->

Oy...and there's not necessarily a lot rewarded from the quests, is there? :-/ I think we should've gotten Medals in each Clam, in addition to the other stuff.

Maybe next year... :-/

Amen!

Uwk
    Naramsin, Alyndrys and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I agree ! I have a few characters to get the golden bracers achievement and I can't run too many times the daily mission ... my eyes get watery lol :( I am having a lot of fun though with the event !
  7. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Agreed, but also being required to wait 18 hours is kinda for the birds IMHO. It'd be better to be required to wait more like 3 hours in between, that way I could spend time getting the bracers for some of my other characters. my SK would love that!
  8. Naramsin Well-Known Member

"...Beware the depths of Awuidor: Trench of Terror! (It’s pronounced “ow-ih-door”.)...."
    Awuidor - When I first heard this name, it sounded like Scooby Doo mispronouncing something in his dog voice. X^)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! I've been seeing that name since the recipe book was first introduced to the Oceansfull Clams...no idea how to pronounce it for the longest time; just knew I liked the looks of the marble. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna and Naramsin like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking up at that graphic for it, it reminds me of this "video footage" series (on Animal Planet?) where the host was a biologist/ adventurer who'd use a time machine to check out various eras and epochs and eons (oh my!) in evolutionary stages. The one I remember the most 'cause it had such a potentially ghastly ending was when he went back to the Devonian Period, when the only animal life forms were in the water... "Hell's Aquarium." The episode ended with him on his way-too-small ship (boat, really), rocking in sudden waves beneath and around, and him wrapped in disquieting dreams, as the ginormous armored fish kept getting closer and closer... :eek:

Uwk
    who never did recall if the series continued after that... :-/
    Breanna and Naramsin like this.
  11. Naramsin Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, the Awuidor zones became available in the Chaos Descending expansion.

Marble? What marble? Is it a building block? what is the name of it ingame? Do you plunder it from a zone?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2640970250
    Dropped from a shell.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

it's a recipe book for building blocks, you can only get it during Oceansfull Festival, and you go dive in one of the zones where you can find big clam shells in the water and only if you don't have the festival buff on.
    You can find the other recipe book for the moving water building blocks if you Do have the festival buff on.
    You get the buff when you dance with the Sea Otters.
    When you get the buff, you will get to loot old items that have not been in the game for some years,
    when the buff is of you get the 9 new items and some items from last year, plus some Summer Fest medals.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hubby and I have just returned to the game, hence the solo takes a bit longer to run in newbie gear, than it does for the raid folks. While it states on wiki that you can run it in the Tishan's box gear, you'd better pack a lunch. ;)
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, that sounds enjoyable... :rolleyes:

Uwk
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

could we pretty please get an expansion for the Oceans Full festival, pretty please with othmir on top.
    We had a lot of long downtimes throughout this festival, please can we have a view more days.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Hehehe! Actually, after running both it and Kurns a couple times, it much easier. :cool:

I saw on Discord this AM that Kander said there'd be some sort of extension. Yay!!

I. Want. My. Bracers.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I hope you get it on every toon eligible.
  19. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Oceansfull Festival has now been extended until 8/26 11:59 pm (giving the event an additional 48 hours)!

The Summer Jubilee merchants will remain up until 8/31 11:59 pm.
    Breanna, Rosyposy, Twyla and 4 others like this.
  20. Carribea Active Member

thanks for the 48 hrs, but for people that cannot be on 24/7 that does very little, considering all the downtime that has been happening, if they could do 48 hrs x 2, that be super helpful :)