Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2022

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I tried to get them to do it again. At loc 1, 521, 1 I waited for a lot of them to become agro and engaged them all at once. Some of them returned to fighting, but it may be that I was 'missing' them with my aoe and so they just reset back to fighting the npc they were dragging around when they attacked me.

Aha! At loc -19, 393, -1 I engaged a shahmari sacrificer who had been fighting a bulthar bulker. It took me a bit of time to kill her, and the dragged corpse did despawn, but then as the shahmari died she and the bulthar both reappeared alive and well fighting each other again. I'm sure it's the same pair because I had already killed the rest of them on that platform trying to get them to do the dead not dead thing. So, maybe if I take too long to kill them or they have been following me a while and I didn't notice, that's when they reset or respawn and the 'dead' one is 'not quite dead.' None of the others have respawned.

I re-engaged the same pair, this time the Bulthar won...and he did exactly what I had explained previously. The corpse was dragged, I engaged, and they both reset. Shahmari and Bulthar are both alive and well, back to fighting. Corpse Shahmari never despawned...just got dragged to my location and then popped back up fighting at their usual spot. Interesting.
  2. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

At loc -7, 521, -1 there is a Bulthar/Shahmari fighting pair, and they also do the 'dead/not dead' thing. I engaged them when the Bulthar won, and they reset. I engaged them when the Shahmari won and they also reset. Hm.

Edit: Also another pair of fighters in the same area, this time a Shahmari and a water bastion, do the same thing. Loc is 13, 521, -1. I engaged them twice, and they reset, the dragged corpse never despawned.

Edit again: I've engaged these 2 pairs three times each now, and the result is always the same. No matter who 'won', the dragged corpse doesn't despawn, then they pop back to fighting each other and being non-agro.

More info: Three pairs at the platform at -69, 490, 136 also do the 'dead/not dead' reset thing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Almee Well-Known Member

I got the Building Block one. I've spent two hours, now, in two places, and have only found one copy of the one I have. That's rather sad for decorators. I'll try again, for the second book in the clams but it is really hard on my eyes. I shudder to think of spending hour after hour trying to get the book on 4 servers. I'd much rather be decorating.

And if there is another recipe book, that requires adventuring at 120+, then that is going to hurt a lot of decorators as I understand that quest is a bear to do and you might go through it and still not get the book. I have 125 characters, on all the servers, but I don't think I could do the quest from what I've heard. But as you say, maybe they will make it more festival friendly by the time it goes live.
  4. Denmum Developer

To clarify, the book from the 120+ instance isn't in any way decorating-related.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear the book from the festival quest isn't decorating related. Unfortunately, I never did get the water recipe, after about 4 hours of trying, so I'm giving up on that. I tried with and without the buff in the four locations offering quests. I now have a massive headache so I'll just quietly climb back into my clam shell and call it a day.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Did you get the Othmir Blessing to go looking for the water recipes? You won't find it without as it's on the secondary loot table. I got one after about 3 lots of the buff.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Almee like this.
  7. Almee Well-Known Member

Yes, I used the buff about half the time while searching. I have a very nice player sending me the recipe scroll so I can go back to decorating and running my other characters through the Oceanfull quests.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I usually don't kill the fighting couples as I pet-kill the brazier's mob and try to circle around the fights. As I tend to run away, if one spawns, they usually follow me for a while with their corpse before despawning and going back to fighting the now-not-dead-opponent.

(I'm not disguised as a big fly, so the not-quite-deads don't eat me *snickers*)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Denmum like this.
  9. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

So...take off the fly costume is what you're saying? I just...it makes me feel pretty.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BLESS YOU, DENMUM! :D

(Or whoever came up with that; Denmum is the bearer of good tidings... :D)

Uwk
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Grats! :)

Uwk
  12. Kasa Well-Known Member

I was able to use Call of the Tinkerer, Summoning Charm, Interdimensional Portal, Escape, Totem of Escape, Charm of Escape, without losing the no-zone items. I think other class teleportation spells will work. Just don't use Call of the Veteran like Leu said.
  13. Kasa Well-Known Member

Can we get the harvest nodes to respawn faster and a higher chance to get the rares?
  14. Kasa Well-Known Member

Everything looks good with the house items.
  15. Denmum Developer

None of Oceansfull had my grubby little mitts on it. I'm just the one playing cheerleader from the sidelines on this one. :D
  16. Almee Well-Known Member

I hope that next year they let you get your grubby little hands on Oceanfull. Your quests have just the right amount of challenge to them and are fun to do as well.
  17. Kaitheel Developer

It's not a matter of being allowed to make content for Oceansfull. It's more the question of... Does she have time in her bursting schedule to make content for a live event?

~ Kaitheel
  18. Almee Well-Known Member

Can we clone her? I understand they've gotten a lot better at cloning :)
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, I don't want to be a pest, but I want to repeat my request for Tarinax to get the Sacrament of the deep collection, due to the fact that we do have the required expansions to do so.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

And it will be there. I had already corrected my internal notes due to your original post.

I just edited my initial post on this thread, too.

~ Kaitheel