Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2020.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I noticed this earlier , but it just sank in now , isn't the quest
    " To Shell and Back " a tradeskill quest ? and if that is so , shouldn't it give tradskill xp and not adventure xp .
    And the quest should be tied to your crafting ability and not your adventure level .
  2. Tkia Well-Known Member

Honestly XP is pretty irrelevant for a once a year quest event. Nice if you can benefit from it but nobody is going to be levelling off it, or at least, not very fast ;)

And it's effectively tied to level 2 crafting since Kaitheel fixed the recipe book so that basically means anyone can do it, even a brand new character.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

Ok, so you got me curious and I just had to test it!
    Level 17 conjuror level 4 artisan, no trouble at all really. So I dug out a level 9 ranger who was a level 1 unskilled crafter. You can get the quest, you can scribe the recipe. You can even go to the workstation and start the combine. At which point you would need the luck of the gods to actually complete it without any crafting arts! It's been a while since I had to sit and just watch my durability bar drain away to nothing - it takes me back ...
    So, it can be done as a pure adventurer as long as you talk to a crafting trainer somewhere who will boost your artisan level to 2 and give you the necessary arts. Though if you're on a really new lowbie character I'd also recommend a ground mount and a featherfall cloak to get across Eastern Wastes the first time. And if you have to leave and come back remember to tag the griffin before you go.

And Mum? You remember how we thought the combines felt a bit slow? Try it on a level 2 artisan! :)

And Claud isn't fixed on live yet. I presume that fix will go in with next week's patch so we'll have to remember to give him extra necklaces next year to make up for it!
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes Tkia this quest is small , and does it really matter ? I think it does , because people are asking for trade skill quests for festivals , so Kaitheel gave us one , at least he helped getting it for us .
    We are always very careful everything is spelled correctly , and it is easy for old tiered eyes to find little things we need to find .
    Yes you will not get any xp for the crafting , but when you turn the quest in you will get some .
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I gpt half a level of crafting XP for the combines and adventure xp for the quest completion. That seems fine to me as it's giving something for everybody.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's cool! Back in the day, when the Frostfell books were all (theoretically) at level 2 Artisan, but the actual recipes were like level 20 or 30, I'd deliberately wait on doing anything with "baby" crafters (as long as they were at least level 2 ;->) until Frostfell, when I'd get the recipe books and sweat and strain over them making the actual items. But boy howdy, did they shoot up in TS level really, really fast! :D Of course, that was back when the only FF crafting we could do was in the Village...SO glad we have the Station capability now, but that might make folks a bit complacent, once they have them. ;->

Gotta love the crafting quests in the "hidden cave" in the FF Village, though you should be level 20 before trying them, because you WILL, again, shoot up really fast in TS levels and will have to leave the cave to get to either 10th and/or 20th, in which case you have to start all over again. I know, some folks like it that way, but 48+ combines is a li'l rough on these old wrists these days. :-/

But successfully doing 70th level crafting recipes at 20th crafter level is very, very sweet. :D

Uwk
    who often won't do them if the toons are "too high" a level... :-/

(aaand now returns you to your regular thread ;->)
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

About that merchant we keep ruminating over... ;->

Seriously, if you want to just have the "ephemeral" stuff (Illusions, Appearance items, recipe books [yes, they could still be Heirloom], pets [because they don't stack in Inventory and won't actually Stay for very long], etc.) on the merchant, and/or maybe the items from the year before (nice for those of us who may, for whatever reason, have missed the event; new players; or who didn't get what we wanted, even after burning through every Otter Totem available [has been known to happen] and had not nearly enough money for the rubble that is now the Broker), that'd be fine. Leave the new stuff for the clam shells; that way, we still get the excitement (...) of finding something cool, randomly.

Plus, that way, we won't feel that we've "wasted" Totems or Earrings or Rebreathers or carpal tunnels or just a lot of time getting 87 Illusions, or house pets, or more than enough Appearance items to outfit my entire Horde, let alone sane people's alts per server, though I must admit, that usually doesn't happen (pity it doesn't more often; the Appearance things are indeed cool!). The grand majority of the folks down there gasping away are probably looking to decorate with cool nautical things, if not being actual Carpies themselves as well (I'd be dismayed if most of them were just greed-head speculators looking to trash the poor Broker even further). And having a merchant available doesn't "ruin" Santa Glug for us at Frostfell, or digging up graves during Nights of the Dead, or even Scorched Sky randomness, so why not? :)

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I completed the four Oceansfull quests and got the achievement on 21 toons this year. Sadly, I did not achieve my goal of getting the moving water recipes on a carpenter on each server as the drop rate for the recipes seemed to be very low. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, see? If we had it on a merchant (like we do for ALL THE OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES...), we wouldn't have to worry about that. :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.