Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs – 2020

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 14, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yeah, Leu had a hell of a time too, went way better with my mystic, go figure. Others chars didn't have such problems getting the buckets to show either.

Thanks a lot Kaitheel!
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

for me the buckets were nice and big and it did not take long at all to find them .
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok just tried to make those shell necklaces on my now level 12 scholar and not only did I have to go all the way to Thurgadin to make them .
    But it is really slow even for somebody who is used to the slow crafting speed on Kaladim .
    The worse though was the fact that it's not easy either to make this level 1 necklaces , I failed and had to run all the back to gather some more , so if your a lower level crafter , grab some extras of each color .
  4. elflover Well-Known Member

why did you go to thurgadin...the crafting table is by the big shell..looks like an othmir bouy table by the camp fire you use for the ts line there.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

FYI - This didn't make the build today, so it'll be included with the 6/9 update. So, we'll just have to go with bait buckets sansparkles, until then. Thankfully, the event does run until 6/17, but it's not ideal, I understand.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

oooooh :rolleyes: I did not see it I looked all over for one because I read the forum and thought there would be one Elflover , must have been lack of coffee or maybe carrot juice ( yuk ) for good vision .

Thanks for all your doing for us Kaitheel <3
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Gotta say, love the new stuff, like some of the old stuff, and miss some of the old stuff that hasn't come back. :-/

That being said, I think the idea of a Merchant, using regular coin, for the old stuff (let us wrestle with the RNG Gods for the new stuff ;->) is an absolutely brilliant one, given the rarity of some items. Out of 100 shell openings on one toon tonight:

NEW STUFF
    Abyssal Beholder Plushie: 6
    Bull Ulthork Plushie: 6
    Deep Sea Altar: 1 [lucky for me, I don't have that many worshippers of Deep Sea deities :-/]
    Daiku Rowboat: 3
    Hydrolated Wanderer house pet: 3
    Mara Fish Rack: 9
    Mara Sampan: 6
    Marid Sea Hunter Plushie: 5
    Nautilus Tower Shield: 1 [I'd love to be able to outfit all my Test toons with these, and the smaller...bucklers? Round shields? we had from prior years {I miss those!}; they're really gorgeous! But there's not enough hours in a 24-hour cycle to be able to twink up even the 7 free slot ones; didn't get this one until into the 80s or 90s :(]
    Oceansfull Yha-Lei Toiler Illusion: 3
    Orange Coral Frond: 5
    Pearl of the Ocean Lord: 5
    Purple Brain Coral: 10
    Siren's Alluring Staff: 1 [see note on the Nautilus shields :( {and the original Siren's staffs were pretty cool; would love to buy them from a Merchant :)}]
    Tropical Nereid Plushie: 3
    Wooden Water Bucket: 3 [note: I didn't start getting ANY of these until like into the 80s or 90s, either :-/]

OLD STUFF
    Coral Guardian Plushie: 7 [I could've used 1, maybe 2]
    Dancing Othmir Villager Plushie: 4 [likewise, especially without the male othmir dancers alongside them this time...poor otter girls :-/]
    Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir Illusion: 2 [do these othmir, yha-lei, and ulthork illusions actually work on actual othmir, yha-lei, or ulthorks {I seem to remember an ulthork illusion from events past; correct me if I'm wrong}? The ulthorks and yha-lei, especially, will do their very level best to KILL YOU if they still register as non-grey at your level. If these actually had some in-game benefit, that would be useful! :)]

Aqueous Temptation: 6 [nice to see the bubbles are back! :) would've been ecstatic to just buy as many as needed/wanted]
    Moving Water Spray Building Blocks recipes: 0 [please tell me these are back; I'd hate for my up and coming new Carpies to have to hang you all in effigy, Kaitheel ;-> ...and yes, I know they're Heirloom, but the Loyalty Merchants sell a lot that is as well]
    Ocean's Floor Dias: 2 [only 2 with this toon, but there are literally stacks of them in my Oceansfull Extras house. If we wanted to pave our Deepwater prestige places with them, we should be able to buy like 900 of them. If we don't want stacks of them, we shouldn't be saddled with them]
    Siren's Pearlescent Shell: 9 [ditto. They make great, ah, what to call them...oh, let's just call them beds for my Marids and their Nereid girlfriends. But I have dozens of these things in the Oceansfull Extras house {as well as dozens of Marids and Nereids from prior years, come to think...}, and I only really need like 1 per couple ;->]

I can think of any number of cool, new items I'd rather spend time (and Otter Totems; fortunately, this toon had an Oxygen Tunnel) going after, up to and including the "open 25 shells" title. That should do it; if you can't get all 16 new things in 25-30 shell openings, my sympathies (granted, it did take dozens of openings to get the first Water Bucket, but with only 16 or so new things to worry about, hopefully the RNG Gods would smile more)! If worst comes to worst, there'd always be next year with a Merchant. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Chrissdae Active Member

I got one of the Moving Water Spray Building Blocks recipes on one of my toons. So they are there.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

They are but they are still the rare on the rng. The first one I got was the next to last item of this year's set to turn up and I had around 250 items in total before I saw the second one.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's a good thing that they are still in and that it's a good thing that they are rare. I only search for those books on my carpenter or main decorator, made sure I got one on each account on each server last year, but now I'm starting to get "extras" I don't need and I wouldn't want them to drop all the time and become vendor trash.
    Of course, players who want the book on every single alt on every server will not agree with me and I get it, and every one is entitled to its own opinion on that matter.
    My best advice would be to prioritize the book to the chars that need it on each server then you'll get some extras (same year or years to follow) for other chars. I assume that the recipe will stay on the loot table every year, it doesn't seem like the type of item that would go away. And we, as testers, need to make sure that Kaitheel leaves the recipe in every year (I loathe recipes going away, that's why I'm always angry at recipe books for collector expansions not being available on the marketplace after the expansion isn't sold anymore, after all, we can still buy Freebloods, Research Assistants and all but not recipes from expansion bundles, but I digress).

Back to the recipe, I got mine really fast, it was on the 15th shell or so. And I would recommend having a mystic/defiler to gather the shells. Walking on the bottom of the ocean to gather shells is WAY easier than any class that need to swim.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

Totally agree, and I applaud Kaitheel for giving us a second shot at sandstone and granite last year.
    Personally I hate those water breathing spells that lock you to the bottom. And in GD at least I find it much easier to see shells by getting up above them.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wished they came out with a decorator pack for all the building blocks of expansion packs that had any
    I think there were at least 3 now . I would totally buy that .
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Awesome! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I am so with you on the collector expansions and other "limited" recipe books. I finally managed to get copies of Building on Sundered Ground for at least one Carpy on each server, but that bugged the hell out of me (couldn't fully participate for several reasons, including deeply personal ones). Back with the old prior World Events, if you missed out on them, you might've missed out on a little replica whatever house item, or maybe a souvenir bit of clothes (like ones reading: "I was instrumental in assisting in the reclamation of the functionality of the Wizard Spire portal travel system, [continued on reverse] and all I acquired was this inane robe." ;->), but not something you'd either miss or not be able to find again on the Loyalty Merchant, rather than AN ENTIRE RECIPE BOOK... :mad:

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Whilhelmina like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk! When was that? :eek: When we were going after the elementals for our Mage Tower sorts to study?

OMG yes. Gimme water breathing, check. Fish vision, check. Walking on the bottom -- NO. If you don't have a slightly sloping continental shelf to use to get out, you aren't getting out. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, absolutely. So would I. ;->

Or if they do what they did for...Age of Discovery, or whatever? That time when the "expansion" didn't involve any new zones of any sort, just a handful of features to unlock? You could get the whole set all at once (for slightly cheaper), or "a la carte," one by one, just paying for the ones you wanted. Granted, to make up the kind of $$$ they'd need for a Collector's Edition, they might have to crank up the prices on the individual features these days, but I'd pay at least as much as I would for waiting until September rolled around when it goes on half-off sale ("Let's see...one mount, one recipe book, one prestige house, one level boost token for adventuring, one for crafting, and one fancy sale's crate. That'll do me; don't need the rest, but leave 'em up on the Marketplace in case I change my mind."). ;->

Heck, o Powers, if you're that worried, have the products made with the prestige theme recipe books still be No-Trade (but Commissionable) and the books themselves No-Trade, No-Value, No-Way, No-How, but put them up on the Marketplace after 1-2 years go by and we can't get the recipes any more any other way. I've often suggested that in the past, back in the Stone Age when content would still be available for free after two years. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Whilhelmina like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they took out the sales crate from the last collectors edition , I was so disappointed but I really bought it because of the waterfalls . The house is way to big , lol the item count is just to low to fill up all that space .
    Bigger is not always better .
  18. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yep, I agree with what you're saying, obviously. I love the waterfalls, and someone coming back to the game now won't have any option to get those waterfalls, ever. Same goes with all the prestige houses from past expansions. I would love to be able to buy those if I want to, obviously with real money as the players playing at the time did pay for the extra, even if I wasn't around when the expansion launched (can wait 1-2 years after expansion launch before making those available obviously)

(and I would love SMALL houses, like the Maj'dul Suite and such. Those are little and nice to build in with perfect item count)
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yes and I keep on saying that they should come out with a building block bundle for all those prestige homes
    Or sell separate bundles for past prestige homes . I also loved the Misty one . I forget , was there building blocks for the Maldura home ?
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

Absolutely this. I'm not interested in constructing theme parks I just want to decorate a normal house for my characters to live in and these huge zone conversions are not those. I remember we asked for more outdoor space for gardens but things have really gone to the other extreme now. While I appreciate some people like creating in those huge spaces we need more options available for the homely types.