Oceansfull 2019!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, May 24, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Duh, Mom, we like water... :D"

And I don't know if they have it any more, but when I was growing up, they had this stick-on film stuff for windows, where if the light was coming in more strongly on one side or another (like, for instance, if the sun was shining brightly outside), that side would be reflective, like a mirror. Not only kept the incoming heat way down, but blocked anyone's view inside...at least during the day (and at night if all the lights in the house were off).

Are those 10 claws still kitten needles? :eek: You see them stretching their cute widdle pawsie-wawsies on a video or so, and SHOOM! those li'l hypodermic points flash out...watch them playing hard with something and thank the gods that they aren't adult-human-size cats. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

One of my favorite cats (he's long gone now :() used to give me hugs every night when we went to bed for 12 years I got hugs every night. My new favorite cat my ragdoll, for 11 years now we've been practicing the whole cuddle with mom thing and he just don't get it at all. He follows me every where I go and stays within petting reach. But nope can't/won't cuddle SIGH!!!! We do have one cat though that is a total cuddle butt.
    Siren, Rosyposy, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  3. elflover Well-Known Member

Nope hes about 13 pounds and just as big as my little min pin doggie....and hes just going to get bigger /sigh.

Aww Breanna thats sad/sweet , we used to have one long ago that would give kisses. I know the feeling no one else does it but thats what makes each one special.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

They are each very different, with different personalities aren't they. That's why I love the little buggers.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when I lived in California we were picked by kitties as their humans we had 3 or4 cats through the years and what's really interesting is they seamed to know when they would die and bring over a new cat about a week or 2 before they left us.
    The last one we were thinking about taking with us but :( she was hunted down by coyotes a mother and her pups I think
    My 8 year old daughter found her body spread all over our front yard :eek:
    so we had no cat for 6 years in our new place we moved to. My youngest was asking for a cat for 4 years.
    we got a little sick kitten 2 years ago she had a cold a big swollen infected eye and wurms
    But she was the most adorable little gray fluff ball
    she is healthy and a pretty good hunter even so that she does not know how to kill all those critters and so they all end up inside our house running around or flapping or slithering or hopping.
    she is a cuddle kitty and knows when somebody is sad. and my kitty gives kisses :3 I think my older daughter taught her that.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pretty amazing cats.

And while I've had indoor/outdoor cats in the past, if/when we ever get to a place where we can have pets, I think I'll have any cats we have be indoor cats exclusively now (and micro-chipped, just in case)...maybe get them a screened-in patio or something so they can be "outdoors" when they want to. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yep all of our fur babies are indoor fur babies now. Our neighbors dog likes to eat small animals, so mom said no more going outside. So we set up a bird feeder right outside the picture window we call it the cat tv they sit for hours watching the birds. One used to be so cute she would duck down and lay her ears flat and just barely peek over the back of the couch. Used to crack me up. She is no longer with us either. ACH now I miss all my babies. But these new guys have a lot of good memories too.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was doing dishes (we eat dinner very late)...dishwasher was empty and I opened the door to start loading and he just kept jumping inside every time I was grabbing a dish. He is lightning fast and really good at climbing and jumping. He loves water. He isn't afraid of anything. I tried spraying him with water and he didn't even react at all.

I live in a pretty big and fast growing city in Minnesota. If you blink you miss another house/building being built. I think the rule on number of animals was made back when they required you to get a license for each animal. If you want more animals they make you get a yearly license which includes home inspection (way for them to make some money). So all the shelters and rescues make you fill out very long applications. Majority of them require a few references and also name of vet with permission to get all vet records. There are some that do full background checks or just criminal background checks. Majority of them require a home visit as well. ALL family members must meet animals before they will allow you to adopt. Some of them make you bring two forms of proof that you own your home so they don't have risk of you are actually a renter that didn't get approval from landlord. You also have to list out all animals you have ever had in your life and why they are no longer with you and all sorts of info. There is so much other stuff they require as well. A bunch make you interview with them as well before you can even meet the animal. It is seriously overwhelming. Some places that don't have that many hoops to jump through you have to line up at the door at least an hour early before doors open or you will not have a chance. So places that adopt out animals here do check to make sure you don't go over your maximum allowed pets. This is for all pets including ferrets, birds, rodents, lizards, snakes, etc. The app I used to find available cats does have lots of animals listed cuz they were returned so I understand why they are careful.

Fortunately, hubby picked a kitten that was at place that didn't really make us do much. They didn't call our references at all. I think cuz of my background (finished prereqs for vet school, volunteered at wildlife clinic for a few years, etc.) and that I have had same vet for over 25 years for all of my pets, they felt we wouldn't return the kitten. They asked if we would become fosters when we were leaving.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bloody hell...it's good, I guess, that they worry about animals going to good homes (if you're a renter, do you have to bring a written affidavit [notarized, I wouldn't wonder] that your building owner will allow it?), but it's not a freakin' human child, for the Flying Spaghetti Monster's sake. Doesn't that police state nonsense crack down on the number of pets people wind up adopting? You'd think it would make for some serious overcrowding at the shelters. :-/

Do they ban pit bulls? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

this just reminds me that ill never be able to submit some of that sealife i was working on.. =(
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...you did awesome critters. :(

Uwk
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I tried everything I knew of to try and get someone to talk to us, but was ignored like I was s%$t on their shoe. I contacted everybody that all of the developers that responded to me told me to contact and not one of those people responded at all.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That whole inexplicable "allergy to revenue" bit...I still can't believe it would be that expensive to store such things on the servers. I guess they were looking at laying off anyone who might've worked with us on that, though they do seem to still have that in the works for their other, "thank God it's not that old, scummy universe" games. :-/

Uwk
    who'll probably get into official trouble again for this... ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Shadowplay Well-Known Member

I had been working on some lobsters....RIP pinchy
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! I would've liked those... :(

All of my Provies, plus my water-based toons would've found a home for them. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would have loved them as well. My caterers would have had a lobster tank in the kitchens. =(
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.