Obvious Exploiting happening

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, May 12, 2017.

1. Xakrein Well-Known Member

This thread is win. Following is a short summary of events thus far

Daybreak releases one of, if not the most bugged content features in the history of the game.
    Screeching Scrubs: Some people experimented in a new system, formed a strategy, and made us look terribad! HAAAXXX!
    Competent Players: Just do these simple things, they are available to most/all people
    Screeching Scrubs: HAAAXXXXXXX!!!!11!!!!1!! Ergo, here is a conflated dictionary screenshot applied out of context!
    Competent Players: <sigh>

I look forward to seeing this drama continue long into the future. I will have my popcorn at the ready!
    Scrappyz, Revanu, Entropy and 3 others like this.
  2. Tupperbeast Active Member

This mechanic had already been broken at PVP times and could not be fixed at that time.
    PG is nothing else but the system from pvp the balance as the progress of this zone does not fit. You have to ask yourself honestly why Daybreak has not managed it since the takeover of these errors. It is easy to sit here simply people at the work who have no idea how such a Mechanic should work.

See Kander, who would like to laugh at the people in Discord or at the end of a discussion with arguments from the server kicks, for me one of the most incapable employees of the company. He programmed a system that needs a new fix after a week, where he makes his job reasonable. Look at the people as they all scold in Discord or in Forum. For him it is funny when people get upset or complain about what he does not want to understand but the players pay for it.
    Cyrrena, Mizgamer62 and Meneltel like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Honestly the best thing to do would be the first 1 week of each of the zones, use it purely as a trial period. Wipe the leaderboard and discount any rewards from them the first week.

There are clearly issues and the zones are not where they intend them to be, it would be more fair all round to discount all times for each zone (As lets face it, chances are next one will be the same).

Those who have been running zone in sub 5 min times still get the bonus in the fact they have been getting lots of tokens far quicker than others.
    Cyrrena, Kioske and Mermut like this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'd assume this is not an exploit as there is an on screen message that hints at choosing the wall over going through the roots.

5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Kander said it, folks: no "real exploits," just abilities that are flat-out broken, which people are taking advantage of to get PG times. Because using abilities & spells & gear & so on that's "flat out broken" is totally OK & totally not a "real exploit" at all.

But they want me to *pay* them a monthly sub for a game riddled with flat-out broken abilities.

I give up.
    Meneltel, Cyrrena, Iglu and 3 others like this.
  6. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

You can bet that whatever items come from the PG event., summer ethereal or anything similar is just going to be hit with the nerf sledge hammer or out done with the next expansion, so no point in getting to worked up over it (other than that they released more broken content).
    Meneltel and Livejazz like this.
  7. Munchiez New Member

I am sure you are one of the many that hit every root in the zone too, and complain about not clearing fast.
    Yoube likes this.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Maybe people are missing something. PGs aren't fun with PuGs. Make a guild group and run with them. I had some of the most fun I have had in this game due to playing with friends. We played a bunch of our alts, which we normally just play our rigid raid mains. I played as a beastlord, because we wanted to gauge their brokeness. They do much more damage than my wizard, but the fun really came when I realized that my spiritual primals can heal the third boss. That was absolutely hilarious. The fight was against a PuG, so we were already ahead, so we had fun just repeatedly healing the boss.

/bug?
    But anyways, the fun comes not from the zone but from the people tldr
    -Soteria- likes this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ya left one out...

Obnoxious name calling troll with nothing useful to add: Passive aggressive insult to incite anger, <grabs popcorn>

Seriously, you think using broken spells / mechanics to your advantage equates to skill or competency? Clearly you're missing the complete discourse here. I mean, I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Alway Active Member

This thread is amazing lol.
    Zeddicious, Yoube and Munchiez like this.
  11. Revel Well-Known Member

Its a difference of opinion. Other players shouldn't be able to affect another group's PvE experience, and this is a PvE experience. A miserable grind of one that no one would be doing without the brute force approach of overpowered rewards, but one all the same.
    Cyrrena and Mermut like this.
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Who cares what people are doing you are getting free overpowered gear basically for nothing but doing the same thing over an over again. Why does anyone care at all, this game has lost its competitive value, its lost it's staff, it's lost its buzz. A complete ****** can be a pro eq2 player.
    Cyrrena, Scrappyz and Zeddicious like this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

A great example of why PvP died in this game.
    Mermut and Malleria like this.
  14. Celrath Member

That and people like Baktrax who enjoy sending brownies at people.
    Munchiez likes this.
  15. Konc3pt Active Member

That isn't why pvp died in this game.

it died because the devs killed it with their terrible decisions
  16. Malleria Well-Known Member

If these PGs are anything to go by PvE is next on their hit list.
    Meneltel and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Estal Well-Known Member

Considering the amount of stuff that is broken how would you not take advantage of broken spells / mechanics?

Standing around afk in guild hall or playing a different game doesn't count (even if the 2nd one is something more and more people do).
  18. Ummmyeh Active Member

Pro--short for professional--implies getting paid--the only pro's there EVER were in this game were the staff. AND I MEAN EVER! Well maybe Arabel but that's a different story.

I don't recall there ever being a Major League Eq2. Some may argue that "We were major league pvper's" or "Major league raiders" But once reality sets in they were all SLAVES--slaves to the game.

I know a lot of "old-schoolers" who considered themselves "pro's" and some still to this day try and relive those
    "glory days". It all comes off as an Al Bundy football flashback but with more crying.

If it is competition and buzz you want you should go try real life PVP or something--you know MMA--No OP gear at all there from what I hear. No faction grinds. No epic weapons.

You should try that Saltyblade. You would be really really really reallllllly good I bet--pro even.
  19. Thand Well-Known Member

the only real consequences is the top people on the leader boards will get the free zone timer reset items for this week
    Kioske likes this.
  20. Xakrein Well-Known Member

I actually did leave one out!

"EQ2 Developer: There are no real exploits currently being used in PGs to get times."

It was silly of me to leave out the statement that nullifies the complaints of exploiting within this thread. But we all know that will not stop the complaints, and that complaints will continue for some time to come.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Happy gaming!
    Zeddicious likes this.