Obvious Exploiting happening

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, May 12, 2017.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Yep, the bottom one is the definition with the negative connotation, and you're trying to conflate it with using spells to their potential. By some of the logic I've seen on this thread, I should just open my knowledge book and click spells randomly because any effort to use spells strategically is giving me an unfair advantage.

Once you're finished wearing out the exploit accusations, think up some new ones because you'll need them for when the same people are still dominating high scores 10 rounds of nerfs from now.
    Revanu and Feldon like this.
  2. Kioske Well-Known Member

lol Soteria, it's not "potential". Kander said they are doing broken amounts of damage, ergo exploit. Stop trying to defend it. When you actually have to do the strats of these named we shall see if you are still at the top of the list. Either way, who cares. Call a spade a spade, and exploit an exploit. You're using it, own up to it ;)
    Cyrrena, Meneltel and Malleria like this.
  3. Uxtalzon Active Member

Funny how the only ones defending this PG seem to be the ones already done or at the top dominating all others, isn't it? No wonder you don't want to hear complaints. lol

Meanwhile people are playing musical groups in the lobby because they join my group, ask about Glacial Freeze or ascension stuff, then promptly leave. Only managed to get into three groups today, none made it through the 2nd named before people leave. No DPS, no win. Plain and simple.
    Cyrrena, Zeddicious and Meneltel like this.
  4. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Some groups do, some groups don't. I'm not running as elementalist, I'm running as etheralist, same as I run everything. I've done the script many times, and made leaderboard times with it and without it. Hardly going to tell people not to cast their spells, so people do what they like. If they dodge roots and play smartly, I don't care what they cast.
  5. echoing Member

there is a difference between and exploit and something just being broken.

spell hitting for more than it should = broken
    spell hitting for less than it should = broken

spawning last name while not killing other would be an exploit
    climbing a wall to avoid roots which is part of the zone is an exploit

you people need to learn the difference and stop crying about something that is broke. they will fix it and it will not change a thing the people that care about being on the leader board will spec and use items to better themselves and sit there and grind the zone until they can run it in their sleep.... you will then proceed to complain about something else until you ruin something that could have been a great idea
    -Soteria- likes this.
  6. echoing Member

let me clarify that 2nd exploit, climbing a wall that wasnt intended to be climbable to avoid mechanics of a zone is an exploit
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

Please tell me you're not suggesting that if no one in your group casts Glacial Freeze you have a shot at anywhere near 3:20 to clear it. Please tell me you aren't going to come here and defend it so falsely as that. I don't know if I can handle that kind of blatant lying on the forums here lol

You have ZERO shot at anywhere near the leaderboards doing the strats. Maybe you were contending on the leaderboards the first hour before people realized that Glacial Freeze was so broken? (If it even took that long) But don't come here and act all high and mighty like you can get anywhere near those times without using the exploit. If i'm wrong, feel free to record a video of it and post it to youtube and send us the link. I'd love to see it.
    Cyrrena and Meneltel like this.
  8. Kioske Well-Known Member

That slows you down so much, it's a negative exploit.
  9. Azeren Member

So if ability A does 2% damage to a name, and ability B does 40% damage to a name, should I keep hitting ability A or B? Just because some players haven't realized/don't know/don't want to use their spells and characters to the strongest potential doesn't mean the players who do are exploiters. Also, here's a quote from Kander: (In discord at 5:10pm EST) There are no real exploits currently being used to get PG times.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

If ability B is supposed to also do 2% to the named, but because of bad coding it is doing 40% and the Devs tell you that it's not supposed to do 40%, then it's an exploit. This is pretty simple. Not sure why you guys are struggling with this concept.

That quote was already used, and debunked. Pretty easily in fact:

Gninja said that killing a raid boss too fast was "not intended and is considered an exploit" so therefore he changed the strats to require you to complete them in order to kill the bosses. You left off the rest of the quote, because it damn's your point "There are abilities that are flat out doing broken damage and are being fixed" Once again, EXPLOIT. Stop trying to defend it. It's not fooling anyone.
  11. Kioske Well-Known Member

You guys coming here to defend it are really just making yourselves look bad. You guys are like Fatality coming in here complaining they all got banned for running a raid with 12+ brigands to kill a raid boss. It's an exploit!
  12. Konc3pt Active Member

i think all this anger stems from being a warlock
    Scrappyz, Feldon, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  13. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I'm sure we used glacial freeze on the 3:20 time. I've been in 20 minute groups that used glacial freeze too. And 4 minute groups that didn't. It doesn't one-shot anything, but it can definitely speed up your kill on things with a lot of hp. Please point out where anyone said otherwise? It's still completely misleading to call it an exploit. It's not like anyone's going out of their way to trigger unusual behavior from the spell, or being shady about it. It does exactly the same thing every time, for every player, at every spell tier. They've said it's overtuned and they're adjusting it, but never even suggested players should avoid using the spell. You'll notice a big contrast between that and the rune exploit, which they told us not to do.
  14. Kioske Well-Known Member

Again, just because they are inconsistent in how they punish exploits does not change the fact that it is an exploit. Once again, Gninja said that killing raid bosses in under 10 seconds was considered an exploit, but they didn't threaten to ban anyone for that? (Or send to Drunder). So if a dev says "Is considered an exploit" but doesn't ban someone for doing it, instead tunes the encounters to adjust for the exploit, does that mean the dev was lying when he used the word exploit?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Munchiez New Member

Salt salt salt. Just get out there and get your coins and stop crying.
    Yoube likes this.
  16. Munchiez New Member

You know if you just go Brownie people it will bring you great enjoyment, at least it does me. Perhaps it will allow you a little bit of stress release, as you seem to be extremely upset about this. Like unrealistically upset. Also, you could be like the rest of the degenerates and hit every root in the zone that seems to make people happy.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

That tells us a lot about you.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I'm a platemail wearing warlock (kinda) and I hate everyone! But worse, being a follower of Lanys, I use my hatred to become Malice! I am the weapon of mass destruction that President Bush failed to find in Iraq! He needed to look in Norrath!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Malleria Well-Known Member

If I call an apple a banana does it make it true? Your definitions aren't even close to being correct.

Something not working = broken
    Something not working but you choose to deliberately and knowingly use it to gain an advantage = exploit
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Talduke Active Member

if you could clear the zone solo and get gear meant for a group bc of glacial id agree with the exploit thing. if these guys were getting their times by ghosting or somehow glitching the game to bypass sections of the map id agree. using abilities available to everyone is not exploiting. This is coming from someone who has run that zone in 5mins to 25mins with every combination possible in a group. I agree with Soteria 100% get out there, meet people and stick with a group that works well together. every group I've ran that had coordination and communication finished the zone in under 10mins with or without glacial/bl/bard run speed.
    If you don't want to get through the 4k+ coins you have to farm faster, by pressing stronger buttons just about anyone shy of a fresh toon can use then by all means be a backpack for your group. Implosion can save just as much if not more time than glacial in the right spots. bard run speed/brews can save same or more time. are using those exploits too?
    Revanu and -Soteria- like this.