Obvious Exploiting happening

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jrox, May 12, 2017.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Compelling argument, with many thoroughly fleshed-out points.
  2. Uxtalzon Active Member

Have it your way.

What good does potions do when a member leaves or goes linkdead and the chances of even beating the 2nd named is zero? It means jack squat if the group has an inherit disadvantage, being low DPS. This PG was supposed to be all players at equal footing. I don't have any expansions. How am I supposed to keep up with those who do? Remember, players are supposed to be equal.

How many of those classes made it to the leaderboards? I saw maybe 2 coercers total. It's all about DPS classes, but thanks for putting pity on the rest of them.

No, it's not available to everyone. Being at the top of the leaderboard, I'm happy for you. You've had great success and are spinning it to appear as if everyone else can achieve the same. It's simply not true.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  3. Kioske Well-Known Member

lol at all the people saying that Glacial Freeze isn't an exploit. Cast 1 spell, mob loses 75% of health, BL pet finishes it off. That's clearly an exploit. If it's something they are working to fix, it's an exploit. Hopefully 2-3 weeks from now we will see legit times.

If you are using glacial freeze in PGs to get a top time, don't feel good about "using the right class combination" lol
    captainbeatty451 and Malleria like this.
  4. echoing Member

So if this comes off rude or "hurtful" then you will just have to get over it because i am tired of hearing all the complaints

If a member leaves or goes link dead and there is no chance to beat the 2nd name how is that a premade groups fault, how is that a hard core players fault put your own group together....

2nd yes they changed PG to be everyone equal and everyone has the same stats and blah blah blah but everyone isnt equal. no one is and ever will be. say if you played a monk and i played a monk and we had the same gear and same stats. you still will have one of us that play the class better than the other. same goes for this, just because stats are now equal doesnt mean the PG is equal to all, if you dont make a spec for it, if you dont run certain classes for certain combos or totems for minor things (this isnt even talking about ascensions yet), still would still not be on even footing. can it be done with odd combos sure. hell we ran 2 bards and had sub 5 or even 4 mins runs, but that is because we have taken the time to figure out what works and what doesnt work. we have run the zone 100 times and figured out how to best improve. hell tossing out an example, with a RoA or Jcap and then the dirge giving confront fear that gives 70% of reuse as pot, which is HUGE HUGE HUGE for something like this where you dont have much in terms of pot.

As for ascensions, yes some things are broke and some things dont work but it isnt like everyone else doesnt have access to them. you can go pick up Elementalist just the same as the next guy.... hell that is more even footing than everyone having the same stats. i would love to see things fixed and this become really good competition, i would love for it to be a race and have that feeling of dang we didnt get lucky or a crit or man someone spawned brownies at a bad time but it probably never will. you will have those that max and min and those that are just there for the free stuff and complain that the BIS isnt handed to them.

people just need to get over themselves, some who try and want to be the best and max/min and who want to be WW1 on raids will of course op for the fastest they can, they will build groups and specs for leader board times. this isn't something that should just be handed to people because you cry about it. this stuff is Best in Slot and the leader board rewards are something that should be earned and show you have put forth effort to deserve them. not something everyone gets as a participation ribbon...
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

It's also not something you should get completed over a weekend because you exploited the **** out of obviously unbalanced spells. You can pat yourself on the back for being "smart" and figuring out which spells were broken, but no one else is buying it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

...the right combo being everyone that's using glacial freeze... c'mon, if its in game then its game on, right? lol.

I'm just glad that the oversights in the way PG's are programmed are coming to light, and aren't shrouded in some hush-hush mystery (or T3/4 raid zone where its less obvious).. One poster here chimed in saying "that's why they're the top guild...etc" - and I don't dispute that... but if you're using out of the box tactics that are clearly unintended results of lackadaisical implementation (loopholes) does that lend credibility to your position? Is this out of the box thinking the same mentality that brought 13 brigands together to 1 shot a raid mob? The same ploy to use the broken Empyrean Lands bug for uber heals? Maybe planting a flag in a no rez zone... or will it be the next out of the box thinking that allows Celestial Gate to continue proc with Ravaging and Onslaught simply by a little manipulation? Cast shade on it, call it by some other name... try and justify it away - but its pretty clear what it is.

I get it though. Whenever there's a patch, or a new feature available - some players will try and pick at the scabs of programming to determine its weak points. Once those weak points are discovered, it continues to get picked at until its finally reported and fixed so that others won't follow the same path. Me? I'll just drag my lazy toon into some new feature and attempt to play it as intended - not using any workarounds, secret macros or the chronomage to provide me with an unfair advantages. I don't swap gear on and off three times, spin around 3 times and squat.. or hit down up down up backspace start for extra ammo either. So I'm a little mundane.. so what. I sleep well at night knowing I didn't try to exploit to get ahead.

The only major issue I have with it is that EVERYONE knows that its way out of whack, and rather than taking it down and addressing these glaringly obvious problems immediately - its still up and running, handing out quad tokens to some - and zero to others. By not closing it down, it's being reinforced that this style of game play will be rewarded to those who are fast enough to catch on and capitalize on it until its fixed -with zero repercussions.

Me personally, I couldn't sit atop a throne of lies and exploits and look down upon others believing that I'm a good player. I couldn't tell myself that "I'm just using whats in the game to my advantage" without knowing I'm full of excrement.

tl;dr
    you do you and sploit and call it skill. i'ma call it like i sees it
  7. Alway Active Member

if its so obvious, then why don't you do it aswell? stop complaining when youre able to do it aswell.......... Devs cant make everyone happy... this is partially why pvp died, because of non stop complaining on forums. quit crying.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Hahahah.. this thread gets better and better.
    Livejazz likes this.
  9. Estal Well-Known Member

Of course BiS stuff shouldn't be handed out as participation ribbon, thats what house items, appearance gear and such are for.

But do you think it is ok that stuff is earned by players for what effectively amounts to doing the QA work for DBG on live servers rather than the more traditional git gud at regular gameplay?
    Cyrrena and Alway like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Whether the current PG 'strat' amounts to an exploit or not...
    You are saying 'it's okay to cheat if everybody else cheats'? Yeah.. that attitude IS probably why pvp died.
    Cyrrena, Snikkety, Livejazz and 2 others like this.
  11. Alway Active Member

its not cheating, if it were people would be getting banned?
  12. Lowratio Member

I do appreciate the info as it probably really helps. All I hear in chat is people mad that groups only want bl's in group. Do you run ordinary groups or do you try and craft specific classes only.
  13. Kioske Well-Known Member

Just because they've always been sketchy about banning people for exploits, doesn't mean it isn't still cheating. They still let people use programs like Ogrebot to run 6 accounts at a time. Wanna know why? Because if they ban you, they lose your money every month.

Doesn't change that a single spell nearly 1 shotting named in this PG stuff isn't an exploit. It's an exploit, it'll get fixed, but don't defend it as "not an exploit"
  14. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Revanu, Uxtalzon, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

lol if you think a spell 1 shotting named isn't an exploit, then I think you and Kander are the ones that don't know what that word means.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

Ask Gninja about "exploits" in raid content and why certain named were changed so raids couldn't kill them in 10 seconds anymore. "Killing a raid boss in 10 seconds or less is considered an exploit" I'd bet they would have the same opinion on this stuff happening in PGs too.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

Killing a raid mob too fast using completely legitimate and intended effects is called an exploit.

Killing a PG mob too fast using abilities developers have declared to be broken and unintended is not called an exploit.

#DaybreakLogic
  18. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

So you're not taking full advantage of the broken damage / abilities / etc for gain?
    [IMG]
    Cyrrena and Livejazz like this.
  19. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I haven't really been the one forming groups, I just get invited when I log in. But the groups i've been in are just whatever friends/guildies feel like going, within certain parameters (1ish tank, 1ish healer, 3ish dps, 1ish utility).

What people are looking for is just based on general conceptions of what is good. Beastlords have good spells, so do other classes. I think people just look for certain classes because it's better odds of getting someone who's paying attention to what works if they're on the in-flavor class.

The best thing you could do for yourself is do this with your friends. If you don't have any friends doing PGs, make some. I think there's a public discord channel for PGs, for people to hop in and get groups set up, maybe someone who has that could share the link? In my experience, the most fun is when you find a team you click with and stay together.
  20. Revel Well-Known Member

This argument shouldn't be happening, because content this level of hot garbage shouldn't even be in the game.
    Tekka, Cyrrena, Scrappyz and 10 others like this.