Fixed Internally Obulus Frontier Access Bug via Fast Travel

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hanyo, Jan 13, 2023.

1. Hanyo New Member

I completed the Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil quest, but the account doesn't appear to be registering the unlock access. Fast travel will not allow me to go there.
  2. Aethos Well-Known Member

I always thought I was just doing something wrong because I never finished the signature. I absolutely did the Obulus access quest on multiple characters and have also long been unable to travel here directly, and people have told me I did the right quest
  3. girney Active Member

works just fine for me.
  4. JanEQ Active Member

The wizard portal access was granted somewhere in the middle or towards the end of the adventure sigline for OF. I don't remember exactly when but it wasn't immediately after doing the access quest.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

It's *supposed* to be granted at the same time you get the Twark Travel Totem, I believe.
    Twyla likes this.
  6. JanEQ Active Member

I did a search and found this from March 2022:
    Info Needed - Kunarl Ascending: beyond the veil | EverQuest 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)

If that is indeed the case, and they are attempting to get to Obulus Frontier, then they will need to have completed "Kunark Ascending: Seeking Reassurance" to utilize the fast travel option to get there. It isn't the last quest of the Kunark Ascending signature line, so it's not that you have to complete the line.

As a note, the fast travel quest requirement for Obulus Frontier is the same requirement as it has on the wizard spire. Until you complete "Kunark Ascending: Seeking Reassurance" you have to enter Obulus Frontier through adjacent zone in Kunark or via the Transport Totem.

~ Kaitheel
    Taled likes this.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

I'm curious if this is expected to still be the case. I don't think I have completed this quest, but the quest I did complete literally had a token called "Kunark Ascending: Fast Travel Account Unlock" or something to that effect.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Upon completion of "Kunark Ascending: Beyond the Veil" you were given an item named ""Obulus Frontier" Access". This item appears to have been meant to unlock the cave access to Obulus Frontier from Jarsath Wastes or Kylong Plains, but that turned out to be unnecessary, as the tunnel between the overlands was not blocked to other characters after the expansion launched. Unfortunately, the item was mistakenly never removed from the quest rewards, and has caused some confusion ever since. I'll be removing the unnecessary item and source of the confusion.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.