**Obsolete** Summary of GU51 Changes (As of Jan 27, 2009) - Image Heavy

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Jan 27, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Excellent post, thanks for all the great info
    So...my Berserker is an alt, but I still love the class. And most of these changes look good to me. The one thing that would make it all good in my book would be if Zerkers had some way to mitigate the penalty to weapon skills. WTB Call to Arms, srsly. It makes no sense that the defensive tanks will have an easier time hitting mobs than the offensive tanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Zebedee@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I agree 100%. But unless SOE changes their mind about the defensive stance penalties, that means we'll need to focus on +Slashing (or whichever weapon you use) a lot more than we have in the past. Two classes that can boost +Slashing are Wardens and Dirges. But considering weapon damage will no longer constitute the majority of our aggro (Taunts will) it's not that bad.
  3. ARCHIVED-eidos Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    True. I think it's more of a style change really, but I do kind of feel like they are trying to make all fighters do specific things in order to tank. On the other hand though, it will make some tanks I know better because they will need to do these specific things in order to do their job and make some other classes more concerned about hate management than before. I know that the better players always have, but from my experience, there's a lot of folks that need help because they have an idea of what they think to do and don't like listening to anybody tell them otherwise. I'm hoping all the improved and added threat modifiers to our skills will make up for the damage decrease. Personally, I have had to go all out defensive before due to the group/mob mix and had little trouble keeping hate.
    I'm starting to see why Saving Grace (Warrior- Increasing Rescue Threat priority) could be more useful than it was before. If you're in offensive stance, you're probably really low on the threat list due to the hate decrease, etc. If you pop off the stance (which has a reuse timer to pop on defensive stance), you need to grab threat priority pronto and in a raid, you could be a fair amount down. It seems as though they were planning on this mechanic when they were creating the new TSO AA tree. The wording for some of the enhancements as well such as "increase the skills in _ stance" and adding CA damage to Rouse since that isn't effected by the Auto Attack debuff in defensive stance (you still get the buff that you give to the group, right?). Also, their move to 'block = hate increase' buffs as well. Out of curiosity, 'block' is a shield mechanic, but does parry, etc. also count as 'block' ?
  4. ARCHIVED-CriticalOvrload Guest

Thank Xalmat for taking the time to gather this information and posting to one location.
  5. ARCHIVED-Samantha Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    I just read what I wrote and I was a tool, I ment to say Aggressive Defense is in both stances. I think I took the Aggressive Nature + Berserker Rage + Abandoned Fury = New Abandoned Fury. I was looking at your post when I was writing and said nature by mistake.
  6. ARCHIVED-Zanshen Guest

Selura@Unrest wrote:
    It gets worse. The original M1 Abandoned Fury is 56 SPC compared to the new 48 =/
  7. ARCHIVED-Gortesh Guest

I looked around and it's been mentioned but why doesn't our end ability in the Wisdom AA Line not take away ALL PENALTIES in our stances like it says it does?
  8. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

So I'm curious. Obviously I suck at playing my class as it is "not uncommon" for Berserkers to hit 12K in Caverns.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...39&#4938620
    Show of hands.... Who is running groups on Test and holding aggro in Offensive Stance?
    I'd like to see those parses too since we are the best AE DPS class except for Warlocks.
  9. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

I cannot hold agro in offensive, unless its a duo/trio with one healer and an undergeared dps class.
    With an equivalently geared swashy I could not hold agro off him even with his "new swarthy" on me.
  10. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Kurgan@Everfrost wrote:
    I'r rather say that SKs are the best Ae class except warlocks ^^
  11. ARCHIVED-Aull Guest

Bremer wrote:
    If the zerker doesn't have the mythical then yes sk's are the best fighter at aoe as far as having more ca's that do ae damage.
  12. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Lol, they nerfed the ridicolous overpowered 8 % CA dmg bonus from the off stance to 4.8 %. This was bonus was good for at least 50 DPS, it just had to be nerfed. And they changed the wording from the Beserk proc from "on any successfull attack" to "on any succuessfull combat or spell attack". No idea what that meas. The rest: as horrible as it was before from what I can tell.
  13. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

i never paid attention but i suppose that is to help it proc more off of casters as well, even though for the most part they don't need the buffs it would help keep the group proc active. to be honest, i doubt you will even notice a change to that.
    i honestly have no idea why berserk even needs attention, may as well make it a permanent buff or change it to something completely different and make adrenaline work full time, considering the penalty is harsh e****ing nough.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Seems to me like "on any successful attack" is just too confusing, especially when many procs are worded like "on a successful attack." See what I mean? So they clarified it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Bremer wrote:
    In addition to nerfing the "ridiculous overpowered" Off Stance (very nice, btw) they also nerfed all of our taunts.
    Remember the line in the update:
    Cyclone will now improve threat instead of reducing resistibility.
    Well, it increases the taunt amounts by 5%. Hey ... guess what. Some were first DECREASED by as much as 18% (some as little as 3%, like Mock, which is already the lowest ST taunt in the game) so that you are forced to take the Cyclone line to get taunts back as high as they were on Test yesterday, and oh by the way they are 5% more likely to be resisted since that part of the AA is gone and our Aggression (as masters of unbridled aggression) remains lower than everyone else's. The Adrenaline AA that adds hate on a melee attack was nerfed 12%.
    Other than that and nerfing the blue AoEs though, yeah, same old. Someone elsewhere said they reduced the autoattack multiplier penalty, which would be smart unless they want everyone to macro every ability they have on one button. But no. Same deal. Time to roll that Assassin I guess if I want to keep my raid spot.
  16. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

the changes are dumb. i doubt anything i say will be heard after what happened in beta.
  17. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

So the blue AoEs....
    Intrusion goes from 1483-2624 on Live to 1116-1674 on Test. 32% overall reduction, 36% reduction to the top end.
    Bloodshower goes from 742-2063 on Live to 653-1214 on Test. 33% overall reduction, 70% reduction to the top end.
  18. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Hey, you can improve with AA!! Awesome. Finally a reason to spend points on them.
  19. ARCHIVED-Obadiah Guest

Bremer wrote:
    lol. BTW both the Live and Test numbers are with that AA maxed. You have to spend AA points to get to the Cyclone end ability to get your taunts so that they are only SLIGHTLY lower than those of every other Fighter instead of a lot lower.
  20. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Yeah, but fortunately our weaker taunts are balanced by the fact that they cost more power than single target tanks taunts.