Number of pets I can summon at once?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-knitgirl1974, May 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-knitgirl1974 Guest

Okay, I am relatively new at the Necro class (lvl 28) and I am wondering if I can summon more than 1 pet at a time. Like, can I have my tank pet and mage pet both roaming with me at the same time provided I have the concentration slots available?
  2. ARCHIVED-Barobrain Guest

No, then you could have an army. :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-knitgirl1974 Guest

And what's wrong with a little domination? :smileyvery-happy: It'd be like Night of the Living Dead.
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

You can only summon one primary pet at once. You are forced to decide if you want a Mage pet, a Scout pet, or a Tank pet. You cannot have all three out at once.

However, you can have three swarm pets (Swarm of Rats line), one Dumbfire pet (Ghastly Stench line), another dumbfire (Drawing of Souls dumbfire), twelve undead servants (Undead Tide), and three fluff pets all out at once (four if you're an Erudite!)
  5. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

+ one charmed undead pet...
  6. ARCHIVED-slashalot Guest

please explain as i am new to necros and only level 9. i thought 3 was it : 1 swarm of ?, 1 warlock type, and regular servant.

also can i have minion and servant at same time?
  7. ARCHIVED-Zald Guest

Xalmat Said it best.

1 Regular Pet, either the scout, mage, or tank pet.
    3 From the horde/pack line of spells
    1 from the stench line
    1 Charmed pet
    1 spell cast fluff pet... Like the Gorge pet
    1 ability cast fluff pet... mushroom man from SplitPaw
    1 item cast pet... hooluk hat for example
    1 race class pet (if you're an erudite)
    3 - 12 from Undead Tide.
    ============================================
    Grand total of 13 - 22 pets out at once.

Only the regular pet, charmed pet, and the fluff pets are persistant thought, so you can only have 5-6 persistant oets following you around at once.

But 5 or 6 of those things is freaking awesome! =p
  8. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Many of the things they're talking about will come to you at later levels, so it may not make sense right now at level 9 and being unfamiliar with the class.
    Basic answer though is this - you get different types of pets. 'Permanent' pets (meaning the ones that fight for you that don't just expire on a spell timer, like your Summon Minion or Servant, or later the tank, mage or assassin pets they've mentioned), and 'Temp pets' (ones that will expire after the spell duration runs out), like swarm pets (Swarm of Rats is the first you'll see, in your 20's), the zombie temp pet (comes in your 30's). Fun spell pets, too, that come from a variety of sources.
    General rule is this - you can only have one permanent Necromancer pet out at a time. Summon Servant or Summon Minion, or one of the later, permanent 'main' pets we get that can fight for us. Other Temporary pets are kind of like DoT spells though, and can be cast while your main pet is out. Fun spell pets that don't fight for you can also be cast while your main pet is out as well.
    Hope that all made sense. :)

Message Edited by Deila on 05-09-2006 07:29 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Truwen Guest

at level 44 I can summon ....well 5 =) that is 3 rats, 1 ghastly stench, 1 main pet (rats and ghastly are temp pets and only last till target dies)

I do understand at higher levels (65 i think) there is a spell that lets you make pets out of corpses and as long as you have health they stay (that is they drain health) I'm not sure on the mechanics as I am not yet at that level. Um at level 55 you can charm an undead creature so essentially there you can have 2 pets + your temp pets.

Other than that for real you can only summon 1 main pet at a time..mage OR scout OR tank...and then have a combonation of secondary or temp pets.

-Truwen
  10. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Let's see as far as fighting pets go:

1 Regular Pet, either the scout, mage, or tank pet.
    • Tank - 1 - Summon Minion, 12 - Summon Servant, 24 - Undying Adherent and every 14 levels thereafter (38, 52, 66)
    • Warlock - 20 - Grim Spellbinder and every 14 levels thereafter (34, 48, 62)
    • Assassin - 32 - Shadowy Stalker and every 14 levels thereafter (46, 60)
    3 From the horde/pack line of spells
    • 23 - Swarm of Rats and every 14 lvls after
    1 from the stench line
    • 35 - Ghastly Stench and every 14 lvls after
    1 from Drawing of Souls (Servile Soul)
    • 52 - Drawing of Souls
    1 Charmed pet
    • 55 - Control Undeath
    3 - 12 from Undead Tide.
    • 65 - Undead Tide
    1 from Achievements (Animated Dagger)
    • Strength Tree - Ability Name: Animated Dagger
    Total: 11-20 pets fighting for you at the same time. (Anyone who pulls this off needs to send a screenshot)
    Message Edited by evhallion on 05-10-2006 04:44 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Deila Guest

Nit-picking, yes, but in the interest of accuracy...
    • Tank - 1 - Summon Minion, 12 - Summon Servant, 24 - Undying Adherent and every 14 levels thereafter (38, 52, 66)
    • Warlock - 20 - Grim Spellbinder and every 14 levels thereafter (34, 48, 62)
    • Assassin - 32 - Shadowy Stalker and every 14 levels thereafter (46, 60)
  12. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Much thanx, I stand corrected and the post has been corrected. Good looking out Vyviel. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-uberpaco Guest

All with a name and whos pet it is above it, you will never have to look at the mob you are fighting again :smileywink:
  14. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

I swapped out my summon pet buttons on my hotbar with macros, so I can set a petname... then another macro for two of the pet buffs that changes the name.. so my main has one name and the others have a seperate.. makes it a bit easier to see if the mob has my main pet or a temp pet targeted.. and if one dies I can tell if I have to FD/root/stun/etc or not..