Noxious Chorus ?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Feezalsnot, Jan 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Feezalsnot Guest

Could anyone tell me when they use Noxious Chorus? It's my first Dirge spell but I'm not really sure under what circumstances I should use it.

Noxious Chorus - Increases noxious mitigation for all group members.

Are there specific creatures that this would be useful against?

Thanks
  2. ARCHIVED-Deadly Avenger Guest

well i use it if i'm fighting anything with poison....generally any bug in the game has poison besides beetle, but for the most part this song is um.....useless. Another useless song is our "fun song" u can get when u hit 20. This isnt even fun.....it lasts what? 1.5 seconds and it doesnt even have a good animation....sheesh, talk about a waste.

Freppi
    20 Dirge
  3. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

Best thing about getting 20 is getting your new class name. Yes that song is very situational, but also I don't think it represents the class that much. Would be nice to receive one of the others at 20 but *shrug*
    You'll also get to be doubly infuriated when you get to 21 and find out you dont get a new song till gobe halfway through it =p

Message Edited by Jziad on 01-12-2005 02:47 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-DOLPHYNN Guest

You can use it before you open chests to help protect against poison and disease traps.

In addition it has a Conc of 1 so it may fit better into some song mixes, when you dont have space for using a 2 conc effect.

SCANDIA
  5. ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor Guest

Aye very situational and after you get your disarm maxed you won't explode traps anyways. Only time I have used it really is when running to Perma and I put it on when I run through the spider cave. But more often then not I don't bother because I would rather have the slot open for that emergency fear. I am not even sure how useful in raids because it only effects group and even when I am in a group with a second bard we use our con for more effective reasons.

I guess what I am saying is it is pretty useless and I would not spend any money upgrading it until you have everything else upgraded and money to waste.
  6. ARCHIVED-Nadain Guest

Sometimes its the bomb LOL. Was grouped up the other day with some great guys killing some orange ^ and ^^ mobs that turned out to be warlocks (no I cant remember what exactly:). Anyway we had killed a number of them and had a couple of deaths. I for one was tired of the dots LOL. Just for kicks I fired this song up. After the next two fights someone in the goup asked why the fights were easier. Some said cause we were resisting there spells more. Yes it finally came out that I had a resist buff running. Thought they were gona stone me LOL (the stoning was being led by the fruy and inquister). After that if the buff wore off they were like HOLD PULL!...Mr. Dirge...you want to get off butt and redo buff or shall we move to foot in face? Really guys the song has it uses:)
  7. ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor Guest

Very funny story lol. Thanks!

I am sure it has its uses.

BTW the level 48 upgrade with Adept adds 800+ to my resists.
  8. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I've never once used it, or it's upgrades. It's useless.