Now that IoR is getting Specialty Treatment...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cyrrena, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I feel that as a voice in (not the voice of) the roleplay community, the crafting/harvesting community, and the decorating community, I should request that we on AB and in the communities listed above, as well as all of the other communities deserve DBG to give us specialty treatment as well.

I know that I pay the same sub amount on AB as anybody on IoR or FG do, I believe all the others do as well. We all should be getting these perks.

At the very least, we should be told truthfully why you are attempting to herd all of us over onto IoR.

What special incentives are you going to offer on AB in an attempt to herd all the roleplaying communities our way? We want Developer/Game Management assistance to increase our population as well. You were willing to help us lighten our server load by sending out an in game mail survey asking if we would like to see a free transfer off of AB. To this day, if I create a new character on AB, I get that survey.

I believe every server and every community loves their server for their own reason and giving perks to one server over any other is bad form and sends a distasteful message that the other server is the "golden child" and the rest are ugly step-children.

Cyrrena
    Ceyllynn, Tekka and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

IoR requires a sub.
  3. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

AB does not require a sub to play. That is it's perk. You can pay if you wish for sub perks. AB is also flagged as a RP server, so, those that like to RP, may find more immersive RP there. All the prior perks were perhaps largely ignored by most people. Many are seeing the new perks as more substantial. Those interested enough, might just try it out on IoR. You may choose to pay, but not everyone does. FG has it's own set of perks, rules, etc that appeal to many, and they must sub for those. For some, the choice to be free to play is their perk. Some pay when they can, some pay only when they have time to play. Appreciate that you have perks on your server, love your server, sell your server and it's immersive roleplay. Be a "golden child" in your own way. If i was into RP, i'd spend my time on AB, regardless of the perks of other servers. If i was in a raid guild or had awesome friends on Skyfire, Halls of Fate, or Maj'Dul, then i would play there. We also have the ability to buy more character slots and make toons on every server, if we so desire. Find what suits you best, and enjoy it. There is no need to make every server identical replicas of each other. Figure out what is special about each server, and sell that to anyone you would be recruiting. :)
  4. Ummmyeh Active Member

I wonder how many of these threads we will have to deal with today? All we ever got when talking about Isle of Refuge to try to entice people to come were the trolls who would come shoot us down :( Now that we get a little love we are going to have everyone else come try to shoot us down. SMH

Live and let live.
    Crastinal and Dude like this.
  5. Sweetling New Member

IoR is a special server that was always going to have special perks. I understand how this is annoying to other failing/fading pop servers and I do hope something is done to save my old home AB but being bitter or upset that dbg is trying to save a new server that they want to succeed and thrive isn't a great move. Who knows, when they have fixed/helped IoR they will probably be working on trying to help AB, being the oldest surviving server name it would be foolish for them not to want to save it.
    Crastinal, Ummmyeh and Prissetta like this.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

No. Isle of Refuge is a special rule set server - free trade. That's the benefit of rolling or moving a character there. You've already gotten it, and benefited from it.

How is one sliver of the player community 'getting a little love' beneficial to the game as a whole? Why do the players that chose to play there feel that other subscribers should be denied 'getting a little love' as well?

All it does is foster divisiveness. These bonuses in no way relate to the special rule set of IoR - free trade.

Other special rule set servers, who also have suffered from low population, are not being offered bonuses.

Equitable treatment of the paying player base is what this is about, from our perspective. Not special treatment for the special server, which is the majority of the counter argument I've seen.
    Lucus, Ceyllynn, Revel and 3 others like this.
  7. Ummmyeh Active Member

We have been respectful and patient in our pleas. Thank you devs!
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

They should have just put more benefits for ALL subscribers(not even necessary for it to be exactly the stuff on IoR this update) instead of trying to prop up a failing prestige server if subscribers are what they are after.

But no, they have to put off the death of another prestige server a while, I suppose it's embarrassing to have so many of them shut down after so short of a time.

As I'm looking at the pops tonight, seems like IoR is still the lowest outside of test & SH (maybe AB). Time will tell.
  9. Kenn Well-Known Member

Why did they make another server, are we too crowded on AB?
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Ya'll make me lol. Forgive me as a I paraphrase here:

"I pay 15 dollah. I get all bennyfits from everywheres"

"F2P people don't count. No money no voice"

"I dont have CoV. You give to me since I pay sub"

Growing up as a child, the neighbor across the street always had the nicest toys. Every Christmas was an exercise for me to maintain composure as they showed me all of the bestest gifts a kid could ever want. Schwinn Stingray. Green Machine. Atari 2600. All the things!

Yeah, it felt bad at the time, watching them unwrap that brand new cartridge of Yars Revenge knowing that I couldn't borrow it and play it at my house. Luckily I was raised by parents who taught me the value of being happy and gracious toward others' good fortune.

So rather than whinge about the things I didn't have and alienate myself from my neighbor, we became fast friends and I found myself being handed the ever coveted Player 2 joystick on that ole Atari. We spent a few summers like that - sharing what we had and reveling in the knowledge that despite our differences, at least we both had someone to play with that wasn't a total $!@#!!.
    Evguenil62 likes this.
  11. Revel Well-Known Member

Its not wrong for paying customers to want to feel like they're being treated equally.
    Ceyllynn, Malleria and Mizgamer62 like this.
  12. Kenn Well-Known Member

That $15 subscription is childs play compared to what I spend on the market place.
    Zeddicious and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  13. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

If you are just paying a 'sub', you aren't their real customer.
    Ceyllynn and Tekka like this.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

Haha...hahahaha:D .

The mentality of America today.

"They have something I don't. Im going to throw a fit till I get it".

We have a special rule server. We play on this server and we have to pay specifically to be on this server. As mentioned above, the perks of the other server is you get THE BEST F2P MODEL IN THE INDUSTRY:eek: ...<-- That is the biggest perk of all. Other than that you have a normal sub perk for a NORMAL server.;)

Want a prestige sub perk, well you play on a prestige server....IT'S NOT HARD TO UNDERSTANDo_O ....If i could color it out in crayons I would for ya.
  15. Vunder Well-Known Member

P.S.

The server is full of amazing people which is the biggest perk of all...
    Cuelaen, Ummmyeh and Zeddicious like this.
  16. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Yes please... and use a plaid crayon, so's not to offend or trigger peeps.
    Cuelaen and Dude like this.
  17. Mahare Member

Question. How is AB being F2P a perk for those who have subbed? Everyone across all servers who subscribe get the subscriber bonuses if I'm right...so being F2P...is only a perk for F2P players. I get you can always change servers but saying F2P servers is a perk seems to confuse me a bit.

Mind you I'm not foaming at the mouth to get added perks added on, I just want to see how this "perk" is a perk for subscribers.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

This is a good questions. Play other games that are free to play. The systems are extremely hampered down. With this games system you can buy the expansion and you literally have next to no restrictions. Prestige items cannot be equipped is one restriction, another is the Aa slider is locked (not a big deal anymore). There are a few others, but I can still, for all intents and purposes, do heroics and even a few experts on my free to play account. There is very little that impacts my gameplay. on that free to play account.

For those that pay a sub, you get prestige items on a normal server along with double currency and a few other things...but you can still go free to play and still enjoy the game in nearly its entirety. NO OTHER GAME LETS YOU DO THIS>>>NONE.

Sub only servers, otherwise known as prestige, should get a bonus as there is NO WAY YOU CAN PLAY ON THEM WITHOUT A SUB. This is our extra perk. Want the perk, move to a pay to play only server.

I hope i have answered this successfully.

Here is an analogy. (kinda). You want to drive through Kansas (I have no idea why anyone would want to drive in that terrible state) but you do. You can take a FAST straight shot VIA a toll road. You pay extra to ride on it, even tho you pay taxes to keep it up. OR you can drive around it on roads that everyone has access to and pay the same taxes to keep it up.

Ok thats a horrible analogy but it kidna shows you whats going on.
  19. Darcmoon Member

Just to play devil's advocate and because that was a terrible analogy, driving on the regular roads is equivalent to F2P and the toll road is all subs.
  20. Sowy Active Member

Complainers and people screaming it's not fair are what is really ruining MMO communities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.