Now that I have Tinkering 111 on a toon, now what should I aim for ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, Etaiharn on Skyfire has been busy as well a tinkerer.

Got him up to 111 Tinker today, also has crafting 44, adv 57.

So, what would be a good tinkering level to shoot fror ?

And/or what other thnigies can I do with this character ?

Tinkering and crafting is what I mean.

Thanks.
    Semperfifofum, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Raff Well-Known Member

I think Tinkering maxes out at 615 natural. If you have a lot of crafting items on your character it can increase your perceived xp. And make your level read higher than it actually is.

Tinkering will let you make all sorts of great temp adorns for potency, CB, CB overcap, HP etc. My healer has these on all his armor and weapons all the time...they only last 8 hrs...but they buff your stats like crazy.

I would also recommend you max up adorning. More stat buffers ftw. Higher level adorns sell well too.

Also, in case you didn't know...you can level tinkering & adorning by just crafting to the first mark, then re-loading and doing it again. You don't have craft to the very end. This speeds up the process a lot.

Keep your harvesting maxed out as you level as well. Tinkering, adorning & crafting allow you to make all sorts of goodies that will increase your overall harvests as well as rare harvests. You'll also need a constant supply of mats to fuel your tinkering, adorning & crafting, lol.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I haven't been using crafting items on this character. The ones so far I made on another gives 1% chance ot succeed.

I forget when, but the crafting potions don't complete the item anymore... I still have to press the 1,2,3,4,5, and 6 buttons occasionaly.

As for plat, finding and selling book drops has helped. Books to level up certain spells and combat skills for characters. Most of the ones I've found so far go for less than 5 plat. Some for much more.

By first mark, do you mean using the simple workbench ?
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Well, I have a lot of crafting buffs (mount, cape, clothing items, mount bardings etc..) so its has been years since I brought a crafter up at your level.

But, the first demarcation on your progress bar...workbench or whatever. Try it a couple of times. You might be surprised...then couple that with an xp potion from the market place (159 DBC) and you'll level like crazy. I brought up an adorner an about 3 hrs total play...(but about 4 days actual for me)

Looks like you need to craft almost every red adorn in BoL...so after 12 years, figured it was time to lvl an adorner up.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, you only have to complete the first bar, then you can hit stop. You can also do the tinkering, transmuting, and adorning dailies, in the city crafting hall from Lonidar (sp?). He will give you the materials, you provide the fuel, its a good way to make some money, get some levels, and he pays for the mats.

I would definitely level up transmuting as well since you will need the mats from transmuting for other items down the road. The tinkered items that Raff mentioned can sell for a small fortune, especially the 2H version of them, that is the 2 handed version. Some of them can sell for more than 8000 plat each for a single 8 hour temp adorn. People also love Totem of the Otter which is a woodworking recipe but its lower than level 20 so you should be able to make those, and they love the Gnomish Divining Rods. I can put up 10,000 Gnomish Divining Rods at 6 pm PST today for 50 gold each and by midnight PST today, they will all be gone. Depots, big sellers, all of them, it used to be you couldn't throw adornment depots at people to get rid of them but they sell now. Repair Bots sell well and so do the Gnomish Tinkered Recallers. The Repair Bot summons a bot that can let everybody repair their equipment and sell junk to and the Gnomish Recaller will let the caster summon a party member to them. There is also one that allows players to "aggro" any level of mob no matter what level they are without killing the mob, cannot remember the name of it off the top of my head, will get you the name and repost it here, players like that for the daily familiars quest. Of course this is all on AB, not sure about the servers you play on but I would guess it would be comparable.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Up to tinkering 154, craft 45, and adv 57 on Etaiharn.

And while getting ashen roots in Hallas, The Seraph of the Stags didn't like my toon and merc, killed us both.

I'll just take a 100 adv level character in there to get the mats I need for Etaiharn. And I didn't even hurt any of the stags, and took out some mobs killing stags. The Numbfoot hunters.

And apparently my merc thinks my character is woeful or something, from the log file: A look of empathy crosses Ulrark Reborn's face.

And received the Advanced Adornments Volume 4 book from one of my other toons.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes, that Seraph is awful when it is zipping wildly around that area. For a long time it was just stuck in the upper right corner of that little area so you could easily avoid it.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Went past my toon and merc over several minutes, then attacked.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did put up a bunch of tinker items on broker from several of my toons on this account; however, this account is now f2p so only 2 toons are available. One is Etaiharn on Skyfire.

Its another accounts turn to go all access, on payday.

This time I'll upgrade a toon's crafting that already has 110 adv level.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Do you know about the "wasteful" way to level tinkering? If you have a lot of mining mats, you can use a simple workbench and get skillups much faster. You lose the side products though, hence the term "wasteful."

I think that works for adorning too. But those mats are harder to get.

How's your transmuting and adorning?
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Etaiharn's tinkering is at 154. No adorning yet.

Adorn 24 on another character on another account is the highest. Others have a 14 or a 15. Only those 3 have I worked on adorn. Next highest tinker is 54, on another account and toon.

I do have simple workbench on both servers I have toons, Maj'Dul and Skyfire. I put them in a Deepwater prestige house so all of my characters on those servers can use them.

edit: Transmuting done on one toon, didn't do enough for it to go up.
    Breanna and Semperfifofum like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm leveling adorning on a simple bench and I get the right amount of mats on it so it doesn't seem to be wasteful. It probably wastes stuff if you craft adorns but with dilutions/distillations, you don't loose items.
    Breanna likes this.