Nothing happens after I press play on launcher

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ibukia, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Ibukia Member

Well not nothing really. The game window pops up and before it shows any graphics it just disappears and then so does launcher. I'm thinking it might be a directx thing? I checked and I have directx 12. Didn't upgrade or do anything since the last time I logged in. Maybe it ninja updated itself? anyone else have a similar problem?
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Status: 7/3/2018 7:00 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled patching.
  3. Ibukia Member

It's been happening for the last 2 weeks whenever I try to play
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

You need a copy of DirectX9 - see this thread for a link to where you can find it and instructions on what to do with it.

DirectX9 will run happily alongside DirectX12.

Do NOT reinstall your game as wrongly advised in the thread though!
  5. Ibukia Member

couldn't find the link in that thread but thanks anyway. I guess I'll see you guys in Terminus
  6. flameweaver Well-Known Member

The game checks to see if DX9 is installed, yes it's that old, and it won't run without it. Fortunately DX9 can be install alongside DX10,11 & 12. You can download from http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109. Unpack to a folder and then run DXSETUP.exe "As Administrator"
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  7. Ibukia Member

Thanks for the help. It said that version wouldn't work on my pc. Found one that did and then
    "
    DirectX setup has determined that a newer or equivalent version of DirectX has been installed already. No installation is necessary."

I don't understand. It was working forever, I didn't play for a week, when I tried to play again it didn't work. Click play, game pops up like its gonna start, no graphics come up just white then everything shuts down. Maybe its the gods telling me its time to move on.
  8. Feylone Active Member

This link is for Directx9 installer itself. DirectX 9
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It must be run "As Administrator" or from an Administrator account. EQ2 will not work unless DX9 is found on your PC as it is coded to specifically check that DX9 is installed. DX9 can be installed on Windows 10 and will happily co-exist with DX10,11 & 12.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  10. Ibukia Member

It says that one wont work with my PC and to find another. The one I find gives me the message from my previous post. (Run as admin). Maybe I have a corrupt file because EQ2 was working fine on this computer until one day it wasn't.

Looked in my windows update logs and I had a failed install. Let me try to fix that and see if that works. Its the only thing I can think of that's wrong because I don't really use this computer for anything outside of eq
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Before you reinstall, start the Launchpad, click the Advanced Tools button (the one with the crossed hammer and wrench) and ask it to Validate your files. If you have a borked file, that will find and fix it. If that doesn't help, then you can try a reinstall.
  12. Ibukia Member

Thanks for the help everyone. As it turns out it was my nvidia driver. I feel kinda silly since I should've checked that first instead of making a stink about it. Thanks again!

With love,
    Ibukia
    Stranger Come Knocking
    flameweaver, Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you figured it out and fixed the problem!
    flameweaver and Cheallaigh like this.