NOTD Survive the Night- cannot self mentor this year

Discussion in 'Quests and Live Events' started by ARCHIVED-patches69, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-patches69 Guest

Either Im bugged or the quest is, unsure whats up, but this year I cannot self mentor on this quest.
    Last year we could so hopefully this is something easy to fix before the event ends, since I REALLY want the mummy costume for all my toons.
    I tried everything to get the quest lowered, and it still gives it at my lvl no matter what. ungrooped, mentor, then get quest, ect. still gives at 89. Everything is yellow and kills me on first mob.
    So hopefully someone can fix this soon.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

what class are you that you have that much trouble?
    I did it on a 90 mystic against level 91 mobs (was grouped with a 92 when I started it and that bumped up the mob level)
    and I had no issues. and no, I was in WL quested gear and ad3 spells. so I wasn't 'raid geared' or anything of the sort.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

4. ARCHIVED-patches69 Guest

Thats great that you two have no problems but the fact is that I am getting killed on the first mob that pops ion there. Even with the bonus weapon and plants.
    Also fact is that we could mentor down last year and now we cant. So I would appreciate it if someone in charge looked into this because Id very much like the mummy wraps.
  5. ARCHIVED-throttlecrazed Guest

I chrono mentored down and when i got the quest it was at my normal level. When I zoned into charnel hollow the mobs were actually my chrono level.
  6. ARCHIVED-patches69 Guest

I tried again today and it mentored down, so unsure why it didnt do it before but so far its working again. thanks!
  7. ARCHIVED-hlbrennan Guest

Thanks for posting this topic. I too would love to have the mummy wraps for my necro. My lvl 90 monk KikiCandi was able to survive with np, but my poor necro, also a level 90, with a buffed tank pet etc, keeps dying half way thru. I upgraded everything I could, and still no luck.
    So, I will try to chrono down, and see if that will work for me. Thanks for all the info guys!

~KikiC