NOTD Necklace for Headless Horseman

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Bhayar, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've run the Hedge Hollow quest in Nek numerous times with no necklace showing up. Decided to do a little research on this and from what I gather reading posts from 10 years ago, the necklace doesn't drop in Hedge Hollow unless you've actually run the Haunted House first.
    A number of guildies have expressed some surprise at hearing this, but it's the only thing that seems to account for a lack of necklace drops in Hedge Hollow. Would someone mind confirming this to be true? I'm somewhat surprised these two events would be tied together in order to get Headless Horseman to actually attack, but it seems the only explanation for the general lack of necklaces in PQs these days. Too late to worry about it now, but I'd like to suggest we discontinue the necessity of running the Haunted House rather than make the necklace available from just running the Hedge Hollow itself.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Mercychalice likes this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sig. I looked at several walkthroughs in the last few days although I could dang near run it in my sleep I've done it so many times in the past. So the Haunted House being referred to isn't the one in Queynos/FP it's the one in Sanborn Village. It also explains where the skull pauldrons come from as well. I've always wondered about those over the years.
    I'll check it out.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

And thank you for making my day. Finally!! Did Sanborn this am and zipped back to Hedge Hollow and lo and behold, there's the chest with the necklace and the skull pauldrons. Was able to use the necklace right away. Thanks so much for steering me in the right direction.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

I've done Hedge Hollow, and the haunted house in Somborn, then Hedge hollow again and the little guys quest. I get the lockpicks and the chest but it won't let me loot it says you can not have more than 1 lore item (or however they phrase it) I've done Hedge Hollow 3 times now and all 3 times the same thing. Am I broke or just missing something?
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

O and yes I've checked my bags to make sure I don't already have one.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

It
    It means you have a necklace in your bank or house vault somewhere. Do a search for 'a lost necklace' to see where you stashed it. That happened to me once this year and I found it in my house vault from last year.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sigh I will check bank yea maybe. But I thought this was the first year for this event.
  9. Argosunited Well-Known Member

it really is 'lost' ... :oops:
    Breanna likes this.