NotD Event to be Hosted on Unrest Tonight!

Discussion in 'Guide and Player Events' started by Selaphor, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Selaphor New Member

Hello, all! I have experienced great fun in the wonderful world of Norrath, with its people, and the endless adventure! I now wish to bring a piece of this fun to each and every one of you! Right now, I am a bit low on time and energy, so I will summarize the plans for tonight and update them when I have the time, patience, and capability to remember the finer details to do so!
    Everybody is welcome, regardless of class, age, experience, alignment! We are to gather up in a house in the Manors of Erollosi in New Halas. I left out the owner's name, as I do not know if it is fully available to the public yet, and she will be returning an hour or two after the festivities have started. If we cannot gather there, a house will generously be provided by my brother in the same location ( : But before we go anywhere, feel free to visit me just above the docks of the Commonlands to gather up people interested in questing, raids, and joining us later at the house, so I can gauge interest and have us all meet up in "person."

Now.. Onto the events..
    -We will have a pumpkin-jump-parkour! A jumping and climbing across pumpkins to see who can climb the fastest!
    -We are currently working on an in-house labyrinth! However, real life has prevented my other 2 partners from helping out, so that may have to be delayed for later days. I will keep you updated on that if it is not completed in time
    -Raids and instance runs for those who enjoy them and for cool gear and rewards
    -A fun house to party in (if it isn't ready, it should be by about 17:00/5:00pm PST.. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause!) We had quite a fun time decorating and planning, so I hope you will enjoy that as well! Our original pumpkin climbing course is also being held there, but I will set up an extra somewhere else in case you can't receive access! ( :
    -Aid and company on NotD quests throughout the game to add to the mood, help out those who are confused, and to be able to dress more festively, haha!
    -I and a few others will be able to help out new and returning players to help get them oriented to the game
    -Jokes, laughter, and friendliness abound and many new experiences for us all!
    -Roleplay quests and events at various times throughout the event for fun, gathering together interactively, immersing yourself into the events, and rewards!
    -A scary story told by the wonderful Guide, Norika, and perhaps other Guide interest and attendance!

*Prizes will be awarded for the pumpkin-jump and labyrinth if we can find a good, fun, unique, or rewarding prize to give. Otherwise, they will be rewarded in small gifts of platinum, assistance in game, or souvenirs and memorabilia.
    If anybody has any suggestions or donation offers, check the bottom of this post to see how to contact me! It is all very much appreciated; your help, interest, and cooperation throughout this all ( ;

Now.. Onto the schedule..
    We will meet at approximately 15:00/3:00PM PST in the Commonlands docks (or if you'd prefer, Nektulos! Commonlands offers ghost hunting races if you enjoy that, but Nektulos can add to the mood! Send me a message on your preference and reasons why, and I will record it down and see what receives the most interest and work it out from there.)
    People may start joining our chat channel (/join NotDGeneral) to speak things over, ask questions, receive help, and just to talk at any time they wish. Once everything is set up, I will make an announcement and redirect you to our other chat channels!
    I look forward to seeing you all their and getting to meet every one of you! We have been planning this for quite a while, so I'm hoping all goes well.. But all that matters to me is that you enjoy your time!
    If you feel as though you might be busy, have things to do, or get bored.. Stop by at about 15:30/3:30pm PST as Norika will soon after arrive with her story and fun presence at roughly 16:00/4:00pm PST!
    Everything else will happen as it happens! The roleplay quests and events will be spread out throughout the event, raids are when interest arises (please announce these in /join NotDRaid in case anybody else is interested! ( ; ), and pumpkin climbing and the labyrinth will be ready once all of our team has assembled! I'm willing to help out or join in with pretty much anything throughout or before the event, so if you could use the help of a 95 Necromancer, send me a tell in-game at Selaphor!

Have any other questions or concerns? Feel free to start a conversation/PM with me here, leave a reply to this post, send an email to EQ2.Selaphor@gmail.com , send me a tell in game, or message or check the event twitter (yet to be created).

I hope that everybody who attends will enjoy their time, that we will all have good fun, and as I said earlier, I'm looking forward to meeting you all! ( :

I would also like to give a special thanks to Norika for all the help, support, and friendliness she has given me; Lyrilie for the enthusiasm towards the event, decorations, and house to host in; Dariusthegreat for his immediate recognition of the event, help promoting and supplying energy, and he and his friends' suggestions; and to Warriousalexis for her help, support, ideas, and offers to help contribute to decorating. It all means so much to me, and without you all, I would not have the time, capability, or hope to host this event. If you see them there tonight with me, be sure to give them respect and thanks for helping create such a wonderful night soon to come ( :

Also, many apologies for the long amounts of text.. I know how many seem to have issues with a lot of text, but I hope you will find all you need. It also is not the best worded, but I had little time to prepare writing this, and I just started it now and am just finishing typing this as I am posting it. If anything makes little sense, sounds to vague, etcetera.. Message me and I'll clarify that for you! ( :

Best wishes to all,
    ~Selaphor
  2. Selaphor New Member

**UPDATE**
    Has been pushed back until 15:30/3:30 PST. Feel free to join the chat, though! (/join NotDGeneral)
    If you have any questions regarding this time change, feel free to message me.
  3. Selaphor New Member

Potential warning/delay: I have become a bit preoccupied in real life, and as such, I may be a little bit late. Although, you may still join the chat channels and I will keep you updated ( :

**UPDATE**
    10-15 more minutes will be needed, sorry. Help and co-hosts busy, MIA, or unheard from. Planning to get others to help out to set things up.

Please be patient and stay tuned for updates.
  4. Selaphor New Member

5. Selaphor New Member

It was all good fun ( :
    While many of the plans did not work, they are being rescheduled for the near future ( :
    Many thanks to those who showed up to Nektulos!
  6. Guide Norika Guide

I had a marvelous time today at the storytelling, so many people came and interacted with me as I was telling the story!

I look forward to seeing everyone at 7 PM PT on Wednesday! Hopefully some other of the fun activities will be happening, throughout the week, perhaps? And definitely I want to climb the pumpkins!

Hugs to all who helped pull this event together in any way, and a great big hugs to Selaphor for his efforts! He has worked hard to try to offer some fun and entertainment, and I love to see players getting involved like this!
  7. Mophia Active Member

Would have been nice to have had more notice, as I am EU based, and while I check these forums every day, this wasn't up on Saturday morning EU time when I checked it.

Also I hear a lot of players still waiting for the notd creepy catallogue quest to be offered, including my new character. And the guides not been posting anything at all on here while notd live!!!!
  8. Selaphor New Member

I had originally planned to work something out for EU members, as I tend to set my time standards by them as well, due to everything I must do, upkeep, and am used to. I wished to have multiple times set up to make it work for players worldwide, but in the absence of my co-hosts, it did not even work for players to whom it affected most, time-wise. As many of it did not work out, we will be regathering this Wednesday, 30 october 2013, at roughly 19:20/7:20pm PST for a re-run of Saturday's events. As it is still an inconvenient time to some, myself included (although I can make it work and will be doing other things, otherwise), I plan to meet up at earlier times and on other days in the near future; namely the upcoming weekend. Many apologies to you and all the others as it barely even worked in the first place, but the trial attempt was good fun and we will slowly be putting together other gatherings and completing the aforementioned events when we can! Norika and Gediva are planning to meet with me this Wednesday for a repeat of Saturday, as mentioned earlier, as well as to gather at the house and organize the events initially planned. We all had high hopes and still have them, hoping the community still holds these hopes as well! I wanted to make sure everybody would have fun, so if things don't work out as planned, I will do everything in my power to make sure they do -- I am happy when all of you are! ( :

If you'd like, I could personally keep you up-to-date on any updates or news I receive regarding the upcoming dates and potential future events ( ;

Best wishes and most sincere apologies,
    ~Selaphor, of Unrest