NOTD Decorating Contest on Halls of Fate

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Slythara, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Slythara Member

Calling all decorators! Halls Of Fate is hosting a Night of the Dead decorating contest starting October 8th running thru October 30th. Houses will be judged the 31st and prizes will be given accordingly.

Prizes are:
    1st place - 500k plat
    2nd place - 250k plat
    3rd place - 100k plat

Rules for contest:

1. No pre-done houses. Must be one that has never been published or shown.
    2. Can only be a two or three room inn room. No prestige homes.
    3. NOTD made items, NOTD merchant items and NOTD quest items are only items to be used. NO marketplace items. (would not be fair to those players that don't have money to spare) Exception item is all house actors, mannequins and if need be the tranportation pads.
    4. Can be expanded but by only by player made expander
    5. Houses must be published with NOTDiy_2019 in the heading (that way the judges know which houses to look at)

Not following the rules will result in disqualification. If you have any questions then send a tell or mail to any of the toons below. I wish everyone luck and can't wait to see the fabulous creations everyone comes up with.

ALL US SERVERS ARE WELCOME! (the servers that FTP can access) We will be doing this game wide so no need to come to Halls of Fate!

We will get a tour together and view the houses after the contest!

I can't wait to see everyone's creations!
    Donations will be accepted since my money is on one server lol
    Characters on different servers:
    Latarra-AB
    Emelia-Maj'dul
    Treudia-Skyfire
    Slythara-Halls of Fate
    Cyrrena, Carynn, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! For those who missed signing up for the TOT swap, or want to do more than one house! :D

Although, my kinda rules...only 2-3 room houses. :)

What servers are eligible to participate?

Uwk
    tempted...
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Slythara Member

This is for Halls Of Fate since that's where my money is lol If they allowed us to send mail to other servers with attachments then all could participate. I apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE: Since we have had a great response to this. ALL servers will be involved after all. So decorate to your heart's content.
  4. Misstake Well-Known Member

Sweet. I actually have a DK over there. This sounds like fun. Do we need to let you know that we are planning on participating or just do it and make sure our home is published by the 30th.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Slythara Member

No need to tell me. I will know by the title that the house is for the contest. I look forward to you creation!
  6. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Wow ! Lol . . I'm game but I am on skyfire. I could a small house along with the TOT one I am doing!
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Looks like Slythara edited it to be available on all servers! :D

Good thing I didn't read her original notice too clearly after all! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Carynn Well-Known Member

All right, I feel stupid, but inn rooms can be published? I thought that was prestige only. So many things you learn on these forums that you never knew.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

Yes, you can publish any home but not guild halls.
  10. Slythara Member

Even though it's limited to NOTD stuff and to a small inn room, I want everyone to enjoy making something either spooky or whimsical (whichever way you decide to go) and most of all have FUN!
    Carynn, Cyrrena, Faeonara and 3 others like this.
  11. Seefar Well-Known Member

Just my tuppence... I think you should get folks to post details of their houses in this thread to be eligible for the rewards, otherwise you may have some upset people if you don't catch 'em all...
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's a thought...like, f' instance:

House Name: NOTDiy_2019 - Hasenpfeffer's House of Horrors [just an example; even I don't have a toon name like that {since we have no Bunny People PC race ;->}]
    Server: Public Test [eligible server? :D]
    Address: Lower Tenements, Gorowyn
    Decorator: Hasenpfeffer Da'Wabbit
    Theme: the terrors of hunting and haute cuisine =8-0

Something like that? :)

Uwk
  13. Faeonara Well-Known Member

Sounds like such a fun project and since it will not be a swap i will join in the fun . Happy that no marketplace things are to be used since it levels the field for everyone ..I am assuming that as well as the crafted notd stuff and the items from notd merchant that we can also use the notd quest rewards as well .If we cannot use the quested items can you let us know ..hedge seeds are great things lol
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Should be doable, since no RL cost is involved? :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Slythara Member

yes NOTD quest items can be used
  16. Slythara Member

yes that's perfect but I am afraid Public Test is not included this time around.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Slythara Member

Exactly. I didn't want a project that cost anyone any money.
  18. Slythara Member

As long as they have the NOTDiy_2019 in their title none should be missed and if it's not then well. . .I'll just let your mind wonder lol
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok. . . I am still unsure. . . but If I finish my 2 NOTD houses. . . I can decorate another one or 2. . . (Skyfire and Thurgadin or even MajDul respectively) and then I can get in that also. This sounds fun. . .
  20. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Ok. . . maybe not Thurgadin. . . I see there isn't a character up above mentioned for it.