Not Very Encouraging Tradeskill News

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Raienya, Aug 18, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    I know. :) I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I just wanted to confirm what I mentioned earlier, since I didn't have prior interview notes handy.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    While I hope deep down that they actually do get to it, I'm not holding my breath. So mostly with you on this one, the responses seemed like the generic response for anything they would "like to do" but "will have to look at" before doing it (aka: this won't be addressed for 1-5 years).
  3. ARCHIVED-Windstalker Guest

We are well aware of the importance of tradeskills. We have plans for our expansion that will add variety to crafting. You will get details soon on that.
    We do have commitment to tradeskills, and we aren't ignoring them!
  4. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Windstalker wrote:
    Hopefully this time it will be 'feasible' to make the content accessible to high level tradeskillers that are not also high level adventurers.
  5. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Mermut wrote:
    That is your complaint?
    How about nothing made from normal compares to quested/adventure level gear?
    How about researching recipes that are basically useless as the raw products appear in such limited quantity as to mean they are far more expensive that just buying loot rights to raid gear?
    Ever since the "digging in the dirt" comment, tradeskills have been basically worthless.
    I haven't seen anything of value worth doing in more than a year. Even making Dragon Bone Arrows, sure they sell, but some people have access to a lot more of the rares. If I bought the materials I would have to sell for a loss to compete. Sure the RNG hates me fine. Some of this stuff should drop a lot more often. The raid researcher is nearly useless due tot he low drop amounts.
    What will get in the next expansion? SC stuff that no longer sells we can now make with a recipe, how much of that are you gonna sell? More 'researchers' for recipes that 1 in 10 might be able to make?
    I started crafting because people could use the stuff we made, now everyday as I log in for my CR chance (haven't seen one in 40 days on 9 level 92 crafters) I ask why do I do this?
  6. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Windstalker wrote:
    Thanks for the response. I just hope this wasn't along the vein of the skewed view that GU63 offered us "a ton of tradeskill content"... because frankly, it added 6 quests that can be completed in less than an hour (really, about 15 mins max if you've done them once before) and a bunch of recipes that are only useful if you want bags, potions, food, furniture or ammo.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Windstalker wrote:
    When your 'commitment to tradeskills' seems to be offering tradeskill 'content' via researchers, I'm sorry you aren't demonstrating you value it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Boethius_Permafrost Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    Who doesn't want bags, potions, food and ammo? (Okay not everyone wants ammo, I grant.)
    I ran my provisioner woodworker and alchemist out there first thing and equipped all that stuff on all my alts right away. Or at least after I did weaponsmithing and realized it was completely irrelevant.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Cyliena wrote:
    I agree 100%. Recipes on the research apprentices are 'tradeskill content' in exactly the same way that combat art/spell upgrades we get from the spell researcher are 'adventure content'.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Enrico@Permafrost wrote:
    That was my point.... those are the only useful recipes. All the handcrafted and mastercrafted armor/weapons were obsolete before they even made the recipes for them.
  11. ARCHIVED-bks6721 Guest

I waited months for the WL crafting content. 30 minutes later I'm back to waiting again. I know, 30 min is slow, I was watching tv at the same time because the quests where so trivial it required zero brain power. What happened to content like ROK, TSO and SF crafting lines?
  12. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Pauly@Befallen wrote:
    Those all happened when we had a devoted full-time tradeskill developer who was as passionate about tradeskilling as we are. We don't have that anymore, and I doubt we ever will again.
    Oh, as for "not ignoring" tradeskills, Ms. Windstalker, I humbly suggest you read the Mastercrafted Gear thread started more than EIGHT MONTHS AGO. Absolutely nothing has been done to correct the errors that have been painstakingly documented by your paying customers. So yes, pardon us if we feel like we have been ignored.
  13. ARCHIVED-CrypticEnigma Guest

CoLD MeTaL wrote:
    Those two lines say it all the researcher craft rares are abysmally low (great dragon scales/wurm tongue/Dragon Hide/all the prime raid components especially the prime bone golem). Holly can say they are well aware and are trying to adjust/fix these and a host of other issues but when I see fluff like SOEmote come out that what less than 5% of the total game population will likely use even once its hard to believe them anymore. I could go on regarding the game in general but I wont this is the tradeskill threads.
  14. ARCHIVED-Weebee Guest

I'm disappointed in a lot of tradeskill issues right now which is why I haven't been crafting as much as I used to.
    I started a second guild (don't ask me why) and I am totally disappointed that there are no lvl 91 crafting writs. There should be.
    I was also disappointed in the WL tradeskill time line and the stuff given to carpenters to make at that level is, in my opinion a waste.
    I still love the game, still love the crafting... but am disappointed in the lack of attention for us.

**Shots/Peachie