not sure where this goes- but can someone explain norrath time?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by suka, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suka Well-Known Member

today is burnday, busheldown 23, of the year 3943.

i have a friend who is writing a captain's log and i have been searching the internet for information on months, dates, years associated with Norrath. so far nothing. does anyone have any ideas or know of where such information is compiled?

i did find a book in the Mage Tower in Qeynos though.

days

feastday
    darkday
    burnday
    soulday
    windday
    steelday
    spryday
    moorday
    brewday
    mirthday

months:

deepice
    grayeven
    stargazing
    weeping
    blossoming'
    oceansfull
    scorchedsky
    warmstill
    busheldown
    lastleaf
    firstchill
    deadening

seasons last 4 months

decay
    growth
    harvest

this information is in the Norrathian Code of Trade Standards in the mage tower near Ashtur Lawton - the blue section
  2. suka Well-Known Member

found that only a couple of seconds ago and got it in just before the edit expired lol.
  3. Rainmare Well-Known Member

if you type in /time in game it'll tell you the date/year/day/month in game. like right now it is:
    the 11th of the month of Stargazing, which is a Windday, yeah is 3944 when I did it.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

mine doesn't say that. it says today is burnday, busheldown 23, of the year 3943. how could it be so different? i think maybe Norrath could do with a synchronized clock and calendar.
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

norrath time varies from zone to zone to account for the difference in locale. some zone are ahead of others.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Norrath time has a certain cycle to it. I think it may be based on the (now fragmented) moon of Lucln.
    Edit: I remember discovering how to farm condensed shadow way back in the day even.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yes but the cycles seem to be off. one toon can come on and get a different cycle and even a different year than another toon at the exact same time. there is no discernible pattern to it.
  8. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Ok I have a really really really stupid thought. Could the times be different per characters based on what content you have completed? Look at time for a character before logging off, then look when back on and see if the time is same or not.

Just a stupid thought lol, I don't know why else times would be so different between characters other than that, or that the sync is just all screwy and its to the point where it don't matter anymore so they don't fix it :p
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Time has been buggy for ages. You'll find a lot of the time it'll freeze for hours on end, then randomly jump forward.

I believe Guildhalls cause timezone conflicts too.
  10. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Ahh yea I forgot about the time freezing sometimes.

Yea see, my thought was stupid :p Would be cool to have your own little timezone though. But everyone being on different times when they are standing in front of you would be odd (like apparently it is atm lol)
  11. suka Well-Known Member

try boxing. one toon is in the evening while the other is in the morning. one is raining while the other is sunny. one is at night, the other in broad daylight. one time, one was snowing while the other was bright and warm.

so yeah, sometimes we are in our own little timezone and what we see is not necessarily what someone else sees.
  12. Faelfreeblood Active Member

Like in the Dark tower series where the tower of reailty was in danger of falling and time and direction where in shift. Some sort of shattering may have contrubuted. If you look at all the eq1 zones sealed off or gone its clear that in eq2 the world has moved on. Suprised there are not thinies lol, sores on the fabric of reality spreading...people dont notice it but eq2 is kind of post apocalptic if your a eq1 player it actully makes you sad..

Entire races are no more. Everythings changed or gone or been corrupted. However if you only have ever played eq2 you would not know it was, and it would just seem normal. If you think about it its like walking through a land of ghosts, dead memories, lives and places....dead things that dont rest easy.

You see glimerings and recics of what was and can never be again...when you play eq1, you know many of these people are going to die as a people, and there lands destroyed. They are doing there little tasks and story not knowing they are doomed. There races will be destoryed or there homes taken over or erased from the skin of the world.

It makes parts of eq1 like walking through a haunted house, where the dead are still going about busness as usual. Its a bit scary if you think about it.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

Well, some of that is the races didn't exist pre-PoP and won't be introduced in EQ2. Others its the widespread destruction caused by the Rending and the Shattering. As bad as having pieces of the Moon rain down obliterating entire communities sounds, the Rending was actually worse. The Rending (which was the collapse of Subtunaria) is responsible for re-arranging entire continents and the seas becoming impassable for a century.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.