Not showing my characters

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Apokolipz, Aug 27, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Apokolipz Guest

When I click on my character profiles, the characters listed for my account, I get the character profile page with no information at all listed, i.e. blank. I can look up my characters, too, see the listing that shows a left to right list of name, class, levels, etc, yet it still comes up blank when I click their names.
  2. ARCHIVED-Nikat Guest

since Lucan D'Lere server was merged with Crushbone server,m i havent been able to correctly view my characters profile, newly created ones on crushbone works fine, but the ones i created on Lucan D'Lere just shows up blank or an entirely different character which isnt mine at all.
  3. ARCHIVED-Rune' Tahlear Guest

I looked them up last week and had them come up. now i just get a blank screen. Can you guys ever keep this website up and running. some times i can see my characters and other times i get the blank screen or some such thing. I love the game and at one point i even paid extra for abilty to look these things up. if it comes to that again i will ge willing to pay the $4 more a month to have this service up and running correctly.
    But, your lack of ability to keep up the website, you lack of subscriber feedback and information, and the general diminishing quality of the game over the last few updates and expansions is really starting to fray on my nerves. there are other MMO's and i have started to play them. i still come back to EQ2 because of the overall game (alot of the best parts of game were introduced acouple of years ago), however, it is becoming harder to justify the return when your quality control on updates and maintance of website are lacking.
    Between LOTRO and the (whenever it is going to be released) Star Wars MMO's you might just lose my 2 subscription fees (I know, a whoping 2 fees lost). i just might not be alone in leaving because of the poor quality of game coming out of SOE lately.
    Still like the game, no longer love it.
  4. ARCHIVED-boondoggle Guest

It's a bad reflection on SOE not to keep the website up to date! For many old returning players like myself to find it lacking of attention does give me a "warm & fuzzy" feeling!
    For any "new" players to the game, it's one of the first places besides the forums they will visit for info on their toon or guild!

Very sad indeed!

Still love the though!
  5. ARCHIVED-Apokolipz Guest

Well, still having this issue/problem and have not yet heard a response from anyone who can actually DO something about it. To reiterate: I can look up my characters for the base info list, but I get a blank page when I look up the character profiles. My characters are mostly on AB server, so not like the server was merged or deleted, though my toons were mostly created in '06. I still play them, so they are updated, but maybe having created them 5 yrs ago may have something to do with why I cannot open their profiles... No clue, really. Hoping this issue gets addressed.
  6. ARCHIVED-finum Guest

I petitioned this issue and was told that because the EQ2players subsciption service is no longer available that the character profile issues are no longer being addressed. I do not know if this is true and I found it a bit annoying considering the amount of money I have spent with SOE over the years.
    I would petition it and see what they say and post results here.
  7. ARCHIVED-PR3CIOUS77 Guest

After alot of trouble with this between calling and petitioning SOE, I was told the same thing, then after looking up friends and guildies, I noticed that anyone that made a freeblood was going throught the same thing,
    If you have made a Freeblood, it messed up your eq2 players,
  8. ARCHIVED-Katz Guest

I haven't been able to see mine in months. I just get the blank page.
  9. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

If it's discontinued, then they should just take the whole thing down. I want to make my profiles private, but I can't. Anyone know a way around making them private?
  10. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

There is no way around it. If you have a Freeblood character you would have to delete that toon and wait a day or two and you should then be able to set your current toons privacy settings. The Freeblood race seems to be what is meesing it up as mine worked fine until I made a Freeblood toon, then it started doing the same thing you are winessing. For any new characters you make you will not be able to set them to private so keep that in mind if you make a new toon.
  11. ARCHIVED-Amitee Guest

Thanks for the reply, and just saw the other thread with people looking into the issue. Too bad it's gone off-topic with people arguing over whether others have a right to privacy or not.
  12. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

I agree but EQ2players is basically a dead horse at the moment. If something breaks on it do not expect it to be fixed anytime soon. It was outsourced to another company a good while ago so Sony has nothing to do with fixing/updating it now.
  13. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Hakdagutz@Butcherblock wrote:
    This is incorrect.
  14. ARCHIVED-SlashnGut Guest

OK correcting what may have been a mistake on my part - no devs have been set to do anything on eq2players for at least 1 year. That includes adding, fixing etc anything on the site. It may as well have been outsourced as Sony is putting no time, effort nor resources into the site at all and seemingly have no plans to do so.

I remember seeing something about the outsourcing but not going to spend the time and effort to look for it - it is not that important to me.
  15. ARCHIVED-Resstful Guest

This is the second thread I've seen mention of the site being outsourced. If you can point to the posting where we are told the site is outsourced that would be helpful.
    At the moment it looks like someone has mucked with javascript on various pages and pushed it live. Now, whether that was by design or not is not for me to say. It could have just been some one playing with scripts and not realizing they pushed it live.
  16. ARCHIVED-mozart357 Guest

One of the recent podcasts went into detail about their Moderation Team being outsourced, but it did not mention the EQ2 Players website specifically. It was actually very informative.
    It would not surprise me if other support services were outsourced. I hope they can find something in the budget in the opening quarter of 2012 to get the minor issue of the website resolved.
    Especially when there are members of the playerbase offering to do it for free.