Not getting tokens for daily objectives

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by santargria, Apr 28, 2017.

1. santargria Well-Known Member

Am I the only one not getting my tokens today?
    Chocoholic likes this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I got mine on two accounts last night, but I noticed the sound for completing the daily objectives was missing.
    Alenna, santargria and Shmogre like this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Just got my daily two tokens (one extra for being a member) and had the same experience Prissetta did: When I finished the quest, it just quietly disappeared from my Quest Helper Window with no sounds or ding or that awesome trumpet fanfare.

I did get notice the message "You receive 1 extra Loyalty Point Token because you are a Member" in my chat window but no other reward or quest completion text, though the tokens did get added to the ones in my Currency tab.
    Crastinal, Prissetta and santargria like this.
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Same here, the quest just disappeared (with a message in chat) and the token was added.

Another oddity that may or may not be worth mentioning is that I logged in for the day on my main near the Goahmani village, harvested an icy rock right in front of me, collected some spiderling silk, checked my harvesting pony and goblin and then noticed that the loyalty quest hadn't credited me with the three harvests I should have gotten from the icy rock, I then found a frosty den and with the first harvest from that, a single brontotherium meat, the counter jumped to 4.
    So the first three harvests had just gotten temporarily stuck in the system somewhere and got knocked loose with the next.
  5. santargria Well-Known Member

Thanks all - Ok I noticed the same - was very odd.
    I also notice (or perhaps this happened a while ago and I haven't noticed) the message seems to have changed chat windows or chat categories?

I missed the update because of both the sound and the message appearing in a different window than I was accustomed
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I received the tokens, however, as others have stated there are a couple of things that aren't like before.

The message stating that I got an extra token was there, but no total. I did confirm the total was correct.

Two other things was one of the objectives "Craft three different items" updated on the same item but crafted by three different crafters. The last thing was the objectives weren't displayed, I crafted one item and then they quest journal populated with the objectives, but it did not update when I crafted the item. It updated correctly for the next few crafters.

To sum up: the totals for currency gain were correct. Just objectives behaving weirdly.
  7. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Crafting equipment for the tradeskill apprentices isn't supposed to count as crafting writs, is it?

I got my token today for killing 25 creatures and crafting 2 writs but the only things I've crafted today were ragged hide aprons for the apprentices, and I'm not really sure that I did more than 1.
    I did fill a couple of kill x mobs quests, maybe they were miscredited? I's really too bad that the audible signal when finishing the objectives isn't working, that would make it much easier to tell what was updating the final objective.
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I've had the daily objective 'remember' things I've done the previous day if for whatever reason I did not complete the daily the day before. That was before the recent changes though.
  9. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I've now managed to get that with the same item crafted by a single crafter though it didn't update for every item, I ended up making 7 Blocks of Elm on 3 different crafting tables. ( The "Craft 8 items" quest updated properly and ended up at 7/8.)
    But that could very well be due to delayed updating, on another account I did it with 3 Blocks of Elm crafted by 2 crafters but the final update didn't come until I had started crafting a fourth block, the second crafter's third one.

(Also, when I noticed the update and cancelled the last block part way through I received 10 basic sandpapers as a refund instead of the single one the Block of Elm would have cost.)
  10. Chocoholic Active Member

For the last 3 days I have completed the objectives properly (I do this every day), but no orange message, loyalty tokens, or "ta-da-da-ta!" sound.
    :p

So for me it is definitely broken - missing 3 days of rewards.

EDIT: I have forgotten to check my loyalty token balance these last days before completing, so I cannot say if they are awarded and I just get no message or notification in chat. But I did want to report this, as it is a new occurrence for me.
    santargria likes this.
  11. santargria Well-Known Member

Yah, check your balance BEFORE doing the daily - I think you'll find you're getting it but not getting the message we were all used to or the DING!

Also,

Yes - apprentice equipment has always counted before - this is how I've done my dailies that had crafting items for years!

Unless they changed something - I know I did make an item the other day (tinkered) that did not count, they I made a 2nd and it counted - go figure

I believe they are either changing things or they are having issues
  12. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

[quote="santargria, post: 6433004, member: 707616"

Yes - apprentice equipment has always counted before - this is how I've done my dailies that had crafting items for years!
    [/quote]

They've counted as items of course, but not as writs surely?
    I was referring to the "Craft 2 writs" objective, not the "Craft 8 items" or "Craft 3 different items" objectives.

The updating definitely is flaky, I get the idea that all items are counted (at least usually) but they often don't show up in the count right away.
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

They've counted as items of course, but not as writs surely?
    I was referring to the "Craft 2 writs" objective, not the "Craft 8 items" or "Craft 3 different items" objectives.

The updating definitely is flaky, I get the idea that all items are counted (at least usually) but they often don't show up in the count right away.[/quote]
    Ah my bad - no they are not writs and never were AFAIK - writs are only from the crafting writ givers
    Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  14. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

So I've done the daily objectives for today, and have 3/2 completed. Yes, I have 3 green lines and no tokens awarded - the daily objectives quest in the tracker is still sitting there. There's definitely something that has been broken with the daily quest.
    santargria likes this.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And when the daily objectives have reset for the new day, no tokens received for the previous day's objectives that were (over) fulfilled.
    santargria likes this.
  16. santargria Well-Known Member

I would report it - I believe there is a thread now for these items - I'm getting mine it seems, just not getting the messages properly and a few tasks are not counting towards finishing
    Xianthia likes this.
  17. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

I have gone up to 3/2 completed two days running now by filling my harvesting or discovery objective before going on a killing spree making sure that my 25'th killed mob was also my second boss.
    Today I definitely got my token though the only indication when it happened was the "You would have received an extra token if you were a member" message in the chat, nothing audible, no banner on screen, not even "you have received a token" in chat.
    Yesterday I forgot to check my tokens before completing the objectives but I did get the "You would have..." message so I'm assuming I got the token then as well.

The objective list (with 3 objectives filled) returned to the Quest Helper after changing toons so that obviously is no indication of not having gotten ones tokens, the only way to tell for sure, at least for those of us with less reliable memories, would be to keep a list of dates and total tokens so one could compare with the day before if one suspects one has been shortchanged.
  18. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is key in knowing if you get the tokens (or not). Just because they don't see the old total tokens message in your chat or get the ding doesn't mean you didn't get the tokens. Check before and after to be certain.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I am receiving loyalty tokens. I get the "You have received 1 extra token..." message in my chat box, but not the sound nor the popup message.
    santargria, Shmogre and Xianthia like this.
  20. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Yes, I get this message as well. I was more mentioning the message that would give you a total of the currency. You'd think I'd have that one memorized but nope :D

This one! "Your Loyalty Point Tokens have been increased by 2. You now have XXX!" (took that from another post, thankfully some folks read their logs :) ). This message being missing seems to be throwing folks for a loop.
    Rhodris and santargria like this.