Not getting in, even on non-migrating database servers...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just getting error messages.

First one:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify> G:\live\eq2\game\Client\src\ClienApp.cpp (3942):
    No game assets found. Please launch the game from the patcher.
    011d5fcf011d4cae

(this, mind, after I HAD "[launched] the game from the patcher." It took me hitting the li'l red button with the white X in the upper right corner before it even started doing anything; trying to load from a white screen rather than the usual black, then the error)

(And yes, yes, I know I don't have a G:\ drive. No one has a G:\ drive except for the devs. Everyone knows this by now, or should. Shush.)

Second one:

EverQuest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.

<verify>
    G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (2018):
    Failed to create D3D device for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640.
    019605b9

So! Is this the hamsters, is this my connection, is this my computer, is this trampled remnants from The Great Migration? I can't get ANYWHERE, even Public Test or Thurgadin, let alone the two US servers that weren't supposed to be touched today. :-/

The build (on all of them) was:

DGCBuild=15315L
    dated Mar 20 2020 15:30:51

if that helps. :-/

Each time, it gets to about the low->mid 100,000s K in memory usage, then just hangs there. I'm trying it now from the EverQuest2.exe program (which you're not supposed to do, I know), and still nothing's happening. :-/

I got in earlier this morning, about an hour before the boot for maintenance/Database Migration Riding, and everything was fine then.

EDIT: Ah! Progress! Went from White Screen of Nothing to Black Screen of Nothing, with (Not Responding) on the top! :D

EDIT: Finally got in, on Skyfire, using the EverQuest2.exe workaround. Gonna try Public Test and Thurgadin.

EDIT: Finally got in using the Launcher ("You've redecorated. I don't like it." [seriously, the version I'm seeing these days? Full of suck]). Took FOUR MINUTES, most of which was spent in White, then Black Screens of Nothing (the black ones had the lovely, enchanting (Not Responding) tag for the longest time). Good news is, my Antonia Bayle and Maj'Dul characters appear to be accessible. ;)

I'd try Public Test and Thurgadin, but not right now; gotta eat at least 2 hours before bedtime. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More info:

Could finally get in via the new LaunchPad (well, new-looking...still don't like it) to all three regions (US, Public Test, EU):

Thurgadin: nearly six minutes from PLAY button to Character Select screen
    Public Test: over five minutes
    US: over three minutes (USA! USA! USA!)

I hope this'll get smoother as things get ironed out? I guess I could see the two affected US Live servers getting wonky once they came back (though not the unscheduled ones... /shrug), maybe even the entire region, but why would Thurgadin and especially Public Test be acting up so badly? Public Test doesn't even have the same build in any way! :-/

DGCBuild=15316T
    dated Mar 20 2020 16:12:02

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Chris Thompson Active Member

They are doing some database tweaking. I don't know what it all entails, but I am thinking it fixed the problem I've had for the last week or so- which is *very* similar to yours, if not identical. Good luck. It's absolutely infuriating, and NONE of the simple fixes helped me at all. One other word of advice- don't try a re-install. It didn't help me, and slowed the whole process down terribly. Save that for when your last resort calls for a laster resort.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, gods, no. About the only times I've EVER considered a re-install were when I'd get the latest/greatest expac (on sale, the September after the year it came out ;->) and forget that I'd split US/Test and Thurgadin into two separate login shortcuts (for the sake of Santa Glug during Frostfell); things would really get hairy and confused then. :-/

Took 5 min. 45 seconds a few minutes ago to log in via the LaunchPad, with a character selected right from the start. X-P

Uwk
    who'd been hoping it'd get BETTER as time went on; y'know, to give the magnetic snow particles a chance to settle on the scenery in the servers...
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.