Not getting e-mail notifications about tracked threads

Discussion in 'Forum Help and Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Te'ana, Mar 23, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I used to get e-mail notifications whenever a thread I had posted in had a new post. I also used to get email notifications when I marked a thread to be watched. I have recently stopped getting these emails. I checked my profile and the email address listed is correct. I also made sure that my mail provider had this forum listed as a contact so that mail would not get diverted to spam. It appears that this functionality has been removed or negated in some way.
  2. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

I will assume this is personal unless I hear otherwise. This is really a a "not nice " situation.
  3. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

Trust me, it's not personal - our forum software does not discriminate against anyone ;)
    It does look however like both your posts were during hours I was not in the office, so sorry for missing you!
    In your profile page on the forum, do you have this option turned on?
    "
    Send e-mail notification when someone leaves a comment:An e-mail is sent when someone replies to a message you have posted. This option may be changed when writing the message Yes No
    "
  4. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

LOL, I was getting worried :)
    I have both options checked properly. I still get promo mails and CS mail from SOE, so the e-mail address associated with my account is correct too.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

I, too, have a few thread *watched* which used to send me messages whenever someone added to a thread. I do not have the above checked as I don't want alets each time someone responds to a thread I ahve posted in, but want alerts when someone posts in a thread I am interested in, but may not have replied.
    In my case, I watch my server's guide thread to get alerted when a guides posts about events. This used to work until a month or two ago, when it stopped sending me the emails. On my end, I made no changes between when it started and didn't start sending alerts.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

I'm in the same boat. Forums had scheduled down time a month or two ago and ever since they came back up, I've not gotten a single notification email about new posts in watched threads. That feature appears to now be broken. :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

So, any word about what is happening?
  8. ARCHIVED-TSR-MattG Guest

Very odd indeed - I'll ping my community contact and track a couple threads, see if I have the problem as well. I'm definitely getting my PM notification emails but not thread tracking
  9. ARCHIVED-Te'ana Guest

Any update on this?
  10. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

This has never worked to my memory.
    It may have worked so many years ago that I don't remember.
    Checking the notify me box on threads/posts I make never does.
    Clicking Watch this Topic does nothing other than changing the text to Unwatch this Topic.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Thist worked just fine until someone decided that having to log in to the forums multiple times each day was much more secure, then decided to expire your cookie after 20 minutes, and left that for everyone to deal with for days on end.
  12. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

TSR-MattG wrote:
    Check and make sure the forums are pointed at a valid SMTP server?