not getting craft writ experience

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by ruthcassy, Oct 22, 2018.

1. ruthcassy New Member

I asked the idiots at support and got nowhere with them. I have 2 toons, level 100 crafters, and now want to move them up since got my other toon up to craft level 110. I can not find the craft receipes needed to do the level 100 writ, where they told me (Maldura and Kunark Ascending) did not find. How do I get those recipes? Thought when did this earlier this year with other that they gave you the recipe when got writ. I'd like to get these toons to 110 in crafting (in adventure 60' and 70's) other now at 99. Any help would be appreciated.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

The recipe book is available in the Maldura crafting area or at a GH crafting NPC.

That being said, doing writs is the most painful way to level from 100-110. I highly recommend doing the PoP crafting signature line. You will hit 110 during the second quest and doing the entire line will give you some pretty nice upgrades.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ning-players-report-card.587011/#post-6525296

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Planes_of_Prophecy_Crafting_Timeline
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

A friend of mine, had this same issue. We spent quite some time checking each and every crafting line and found that he had missed one quest in Maldura because it was not showing in the TS category in his journal. You might check EQ2U for each of these characters and make sure all the Maldura tradeskill quests are complete.
  4. ruthcassy New Member

Thanks to both of you, such faster and more accurate than support crew. I had to pay rent on Guild Hall, and there were the books I needed. Looked thru Maldura over weekend and guess since had my highest toon there, didn't see what needed for others. Thanks again! Now I have experience again!
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I will say, I was able to go from level 100 Carpy to level 101 doing writs (and catching up on old tradeskill quests). Imagine my dismay when I tried getting level 101 writs, or at least something along those lines from our guild hall rush writ provider, only to find I could get level 99 ones (which would do nada towards XP pretty much at all) or level 110 ones. Nothing in between, not even level 100 any more. Lovely. X-P

Looking at the irritatingly stupid hoops I'll have to jump through in the PoP tradeskill timeline, I thank the gods I'll only have to do two of that bunch of nonsense to get to level 110 (right?). Whoever came up with that under the mistaken impression it was "fun" (did they ever fix the plumewit hide drop rate?) must have a different definition of the term. >:-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Faeonara Well-Known Member

After you turn 100 you can only get the 110 writs ..there are no other writs ..if your going to level up using writs this is the only one that will move you up . Best thing would be to go do the PoP questline .
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The PoP TS Sig line is the fastest way to level up as Faeonara said, but you can do the 110 writs all the way to 110, we did this before the TS Sig line was implemented.

If you are doing your AB characters Uwk and need materials, give me a shout.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Gerak Well-Known Member

A funny thing about the 110 crafting rush order writs, they use level 101 recipes. Also they only use the same 3 or 4 recipes all the way to 110. It gets VERY boring crafting the same 3 or 4 items from 101 to 110.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Augh, not that again... X-P

But it's good to know it's doable, if a painful reminder of level 99 ("No, stupid trainer-NPC, I don't have the Maldura books yet, though I do have the Essential and Advanced level 100s. Just gimme the 99 writ...again. :p"). ;->

Uwk
    so extraordinarily chuffed, as they say, that we can get the Faction books fairly painlessly now :D
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.