Not getting any experience from even con mobs

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Linnette, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Linnette New Member

So I'm not getting any experience from even conned mobs in Qeynos and Freeport NOTD graveyards.

I have combot exp enabled, XP sipon Off, AA set to 0 for the test. When I logged into the game, XP sipon was on, which I've never used having never bought any of the vials, so that was strange.

With the first mob, I did get experience. Subsequent mobs give me no experience. I did send in a petition and was told I could bug it.

So I sent in the screenshots showing all of the info and hope to hear something back.

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Experience from "killing stuff" was nerfed awhile back... why, I have no idea. :rolleyes: Quests are the way to gain experience now...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The amount of experience you get from killing mobs is so minimal, you rarely ever see the bars move.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Questing has always been the fastest way to get XP. Some people prefer to go slaughter dungeons for their XP, and in a group where it moves fast and things repop, that can be a workable leveling strategy. But quests really are faster... and hey, if you wanna grind, pick up the quests for the area in which you will be killing things and get the quest XP for things you're gonna kill anyway.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Linnette New Member

I understand all of the things you all are saying. That's not my problem. It went from one character getting experience, no problems. I logged onto my level 28 character and she gets nothing except for the first kill. In fact from all the testing of killing a few mobs and getting experience from the first mob, leaving the game, going back in, she's now level 29.

I don't want to wait actual time between kills, or having to totally leave the game to get any experience.

With higher level characters I certainly do the questing and not grinding. I'm doing the NOTD graveyard mobs to get the shiny collection from them and the other drops.

I only get experience for the very first mob that I kill. All subsequent mobs give me nothing, not just a little bit of experience, but nothing. No experience, nothing going towards AA points.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Do you have any adventure vitality on this toon?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Lack of adventure vitality will not result in ZERO experience, which is what the poster has reported. Twice.

At pre-95 levels, mob kills actually account for a fair amount of xp, unless that's changed in the last 5 or so months. It's post 95 where you hit a brick wall for mob experience and agnostics or questing become more viable. If you want to level post 100, you have to grind/repeat quests, pretty much end of story.

The OP isn't talking about those levels, though, and DOES get xp for 'first' kills, and can replicate the issue by logging in/out.

To the OP - I would suggest you put in a support ticket with the same information you detailed here, as well as the character name(s), and approximate date/times (if you can) that you did the log in/out trick to see if they might be able to locate something in the logs.

Best of luck, I hope your issue gets resolved.
    Rhodris likes this.