Not done right?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Exilya, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Exilya Active Member

Please confirm you are not done balancing the channeler class.
    The channeler community has sent multiple emails and pms with feedback and ideas and we still don't know if the current state of the class is the final product.
    For the sake of your player base could you at least tell us where you're headed with class balance. (Rangers/inquisitors/channelers/bruisers/swash/brig and many more. )
    We know you're busy but the radio silence is rude knowing that we pay for this product. We deserve to know what plans you've got in place.
    We still dont understand all the melee aa buffs, the sudden melee nerf and reforge changes. The lack of recovery is a big issue for my class for example.
    I'm fed up of just hoping you're not done and checking test server for ninja changes.

I just can't believe how the eq2 community just take it in the chin and say nothing.

"Its always like that therefore that's how it will always be"
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, don't worry; there's a ton of forums where we are putting in our two cents, rather vociferously. I really do think we need a specific post there at DBG/DPG/etc., "Forum Post Wrangler" or something, whose only job (could be done remotely ;->) would be to sift through the Forums, especially the posts trying to get Red Names' attention, and see which are silly; which are random; which are praises (yay praise! :D); which are just whinges; and which are actual concerns that we as a community need someone to look at and respond back in some sort of timely fashion, even if it's just "We've heard your concerns, rest assured we're working on [whatever the problem is]. As soon as we know, we'll let you know. Beep." A go-between, basically. :-/

But then, communication has never been a huge hallmark here; remember the ProSeiben ("Pro7," "an electronic Iron Curtain," "that stupid, gods-awful 'deal' between SONY and ProSeiben in Europe", etc.) fun? Took us months to get a straight answer out of them, which was way too long for something they'd assured us was a "done deal, set in concrete, carved into stone." :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Bentenn Well-Known Member

What are you looking for. I watch a channeler heal with a druid two nights a week in raid and does exceptionally well. Are they top DPS, no. Do they heal just fine, yes. The only problem channelers have is they don't bring buffs to the table. All the hungry dps peeps want furies and mystics and if buffs get fixed for melee, then inquisitors. There lies the problem. Its not that you're not viable, its just they gave you nothing as buffs. Recovery is an issue for every class, except those "FEW" that get to keep it in AAs. What are you looking for?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Last xpac she was doing exceptional dps. This xpac, less so because auto attack and pet damage has been reduced to practically zero. All classes can only really spec to boost the damage of our abilities, yet channellers scale even worse than BL's in that regard. DPS used to be their trade-off for lack of buffs and utility, but now they are just healers (strong healers I admit), on a par with templars, but with less utility.

I'd still take a channeller over anything else personally. There isn't anyone who can keep a group more stable than a channeller, but for her it's boring now. Just spam attacks that don't do much whilst she tops the heal parse with procs and automatic heals. She can literally alt/tab to a browser and do some shopping whilst we raid and it makes no difference.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My only Channelers were created from scratch, rather than pre-bought at highest levels for $35 ea. (silly me); how does one run a Channeler at lower levels than end-game? :-/

Still haven't gotten the knack, which is why I only have two out of the entire Horde. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I really don't know. The wife is the expert.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And if she created hers full-blown from Zeus' brow, even she might not know... :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm not sure where you're getting that assumption from, no she levelled it up from zero.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah, cool! So many folks nowadays don't put in the time. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Exilya Active Member

My issue with this is the nerf bat hitting randomly with no idea what's happening. I just cannot stand it.
    I worked hard on my channeler and no I don't want afk dps but I cannot even betray and due to the way they are nerfing left/right and centre I absolutely refuse to spend a penny swapping main.
    A few good games coming up soon, it will be easier to just leave then.
    Credit to Tanto and my guild for giving me the will to stay a little while longer until 1/ they pull they act together or 2/ a new game comes out. I'd be long gone if it wasnt for them.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can't Betray? Oh, as in, to change classes? :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.