Closed / Unconfirmed Not able to mail an alt an ability/spell book...

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's not Heirloom or No-Trade or anything else like that, just Treasured. I've got her on my Friends list for the mailer toon, so it's not that the mail system is puzzled about the recipient (the mailee?). It is a book for her class (Stalk III (Adept)), though it's above her level for now; I've never been stopped in the past from mailing any book like that to anyone, whether they could use it yet (or at all; "Here, get this out of our Bank clutter and Broker it!") or not.

I didn't get any warning message, like "You can't do that! What were you thinking?!" or "Cannot mail this item to that person; they're bad." or anything similar. I waited for it to acknowledge I was trying to mail something, thinking it was my slow connection. After about a half an hour of it just sitting there, with just about every button greyed out (couldn't even Cancel it; just had to click the X button), figured it wasn't me. I wasn't AFK, the mailee's box wasn't full, every other thing was working fine except for that.

UPDATE: Now it's not acknowledging any button on the mail system when trying to mail out at all with this character. He's fully Gold, I have enough money on him to mail at least a letter with nothing attached, and I got no notice saying that he couldn't do it; it just didn't react at all. EDIT: I take that back: the drop-down "To:" button works, and I get the rank level I want to send out to, but then nothing else works: no way to put anything in the Subject: line; no way to write anything in the main message area; no way to include an object to send (tried various items; the "open letter" would not accept any of them) or coin; nothing. :(

EDIT: Trying to "reply" to any letter already in my Mailbox isn't working, either. It's neither my connection nor my mouse; both are working fine otherwise. :(

This is on Maj'Dul; I'll try on other servers with other toons to see how widespread it is. If it's just affecting this particular toon, he's gonna be really paranoid, poor sod. ;->

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

More news: with a different toon, same server, I could finally write a message back as a Reply from an existing mail in my box (from another alt), but I can't change the addressee as I could formerly, nor change anything in the Subject: line. Nor can I send it. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

As a guess, you may have a corrupted mailbox on that character. The only way to fix it is to use the "/clear mailbox" command, which will delete EVERYTHING in that mailbox.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This bug usually accompanies the bug that stops you from using merchants or a broker, you receive a message that you already have a transaction in progress, or from looting anything, you receive a message saying you are to busy to loot that, or use the bank, the bankers just don't respond, or just about anything else, sometimes even your friends list will not appear. I have reported these numerous times and they seem to come together, you get one, you get one or more of the others as well. I think perhaps those are all in the same cluster and that cluster has a hamster that has either gone to the loo or needs a snack so it just quits working, or maybe he/she died and needs a replacement put on that hamster wheel, not sure really.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nope, this is across the board with all my toons on Maj'Dul. I can now get mails, but still can't Reply to anyone. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That may be more like it. Not sure. :(

Uwk
    who really, really doesn't want to have to clear out all 16 mailboxes (and no, all my other servers with 15-16 toons on each of them are doing just fine, thanks; it's Maj'Dul)... X-P
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

UPDATE: The book I was trying to send to a toon on Maj'Dul, that started off this, finally arrived in her mailbox. I'm not actually sure how long it took to get there, since I had other servers to attend to that night and figured it was still forever in the mailer's inventory. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Glad you got the problem worked out without clearing your mailbox (and glad I was wrong in this case). They say sending items via mail may take "up to" 30 minutes, but in this case it appears they were being a bit optimistic!
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Yeah, I at least know it hadn't shown within even an hour that night, simply because I was doing other things with the mailee, and nothing then. :-/

Maybe it did show in her box once the 24 hour period had elapsed, but jiminy Christmas, is that a long mailing time. :-/

I tried sending an extra Gruesome Glow Skimmer to a young toon that hadn't gotten one yet, to test that out, and it apparently didn't work, so I went to the Shared Bank directly with the mailee and physically got it. Now I'll have to see if the mail "kicks in" and removes it from her inventory in order to mail it to her... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Finally got a Guild-Wide mail out on Maj'Dul! Woot! :)

Now to check out the rest of it... :-/

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.