Nortlav the Scalekeeper - The Hole: Spirit's Resonance

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Frexspar, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Frexspar New Member

Nortlav is unkillable by moloing. I attacked him playing my 93 fury with my sk merc, and at 50% he simply heals himself back to 100%. He did so 12 times before I gave up and broke the encounter. The fight went on for 9:25 before I threw in the towel.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

He's not meant to be solo'd he is a Heroic Encounter meaning 6 players. Grab some buddies if you need him killed.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. mague Active Member

I know. Unfortunately he is a road blocker for Ritsy's heritage. You need a duo partner. His script wants to turn one player into a ghost. The ghost has to kill books. This happends a few times till he is down. Since only one real player is in the zone, the script cant turn you into a ghost while your merc is tanking him. Hence a 2nd real player ist required.

Regarding Ritsy's heritage there is the epic x2 in Vault. with some luck and a ToV itemized lvl 95 he might be doable. But his script is a bit tricky too and its best to go down as duo or trio and have the right in-zone mercs up.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

The X2 is easier than Nortlav due to the ghost script. But I digress, find a few friends or people wanting to finish the heritage and you'll be fine.
  5. Anarawyn New Member

They need to start taking into account that a lot of players solo. Kinda funny I can not kill him and he can't kill me. It is also kinda pointless.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you can't solo one quest, there are zillions you CAN solo. You can swallow your pride just this once and ask in channels for help. But DBG is under no obligation to make all quests soloable.
  7. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I think they're aware that people do, in fact, solo in EQ2. That's why they devote huge amounts of time to things like advanced solo versions of zones and solo signature questlines. I think, however, they stop taking that into account when designing heroic and epic encounters intended for larger groups of people. People that aren't soloing. I think you've hit one of these situations.
  8. Sudedor Well-Known Member

This right here.
  9. Albertine843 New Member

10. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

But is it as annoying as necroposting a 6 year old thread?
    Dude likes this.