Norrath is a Silly Place (with Killer Rabbits)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Awkk Well-Known Member

To be fair, these are no ordinary rabbits. They have a vicious streak a mile wide. They are killers!

Maybe that's why there are 2 achievements? If you can handle these most foul, cruel and bad tempered rodents, you get a nifty Knigghts of Ni! helm. If they nibble your bum at least 15 times before you can run away, at least you still get a bloody bunny hat!

I say leave them just as they are! And maybe organize some hunting parties, like you need for the Headless Horseman and the Pumpkin King. It's more fun that way, more of a challenge!
    Griffon Lady, suka and FriggaWitch like this.
  2. suka Well-Known Member

sometimes the reason people don't yell for help is because they don't think they will be heard or because of the function of the help button. it removes you from your fight but doesn't stop you from dying. if you haven't seen anyone ask for help, that doesn't mean no one does. that means that while you are on, you haven't seen a shout for help. the person needing help might be playing at a different time or on a different server.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

i agree with one exception. please remove them from the low level zones and put them where they won't hinder the low levels from completing NOTD quests and other quests.
    Xevran, Belenos and Gramma like this.
  4. Gramma Active Member

I'm level 99 and in reasonably good gear. Maybe I am not so good at playing my class, because it takes two full cycles of going through the action bar to kill the bunnies and I have a merc hanging with me (Kenny. I love Kenny.).

Not that I'm complaining. I like having something that doesn't die the second I give it the side-eye.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  5. Gramma Active Member

True story:
    Long ago, my son was in boarding school. The boarding school had a little farm on campus. One day, while my ex-husband was at work (he was a security guard at a hotel), he found a grey bunny rabbit just hopping around the parking lot. He caught it and put it in a big box and asked around but no one knew anything about the rabbit. He left it there over night and when he came back the next day, still no one had any idea where it came from. So he took it home. I decided to give it to my son's school and they were happy to take it. They named the rabbit "Bugs Bunny" and stuck him in the barn with the chickens.

A few weeks later I asked my son about the new bunny rabbit. He said, and I quote, "That is the coolest rabbit ever, Mom! We were all watching the baby chicks walk past it and it popped its head through the fence and bit their heads off! Awesome!".

Maybe that bunny rabbit was defective, I don't know. But it seemed plenty blood thirsty to me. They had to move that mofo because it was a serial killer of fluffy yellow baby chickens.
    Kurisutaru, suka and bugs like this.
  6. Livejazz Well-Known Member

My level 53 Mystic got owned so fast it made my head spin. No high level players were anywhere near me, that I know of, & I'm not interested in waiting around for a nice level 100 to come by & clear the path just so I can try to kill some Treants for the L&L quest, when the freekin' Treants themselves are grey to me.

Fortunately, I can go do other things & not worry about it.

& let me just point out that the issue is magnified by the fact I couldn't care less about the achievement or the bunny helm, & have no interest whatsoever in spending my time running around Norrath hunting rabbits. While I totally get the point of the quest, I'm not lovin' it at all.
    suka and bugs like this.
  7. Ellimist Active Member

Did it easy on two level 100's. Even my mercs get wiped on my level 20. Its cray cray. I'll get a guildie to help on my lvl 20 probably.
  8. Khunia New Member

Je suis au lvl 91 et je regrette cette nouveauté, car c'est la mort assurée, le lapin vous attaque même lorsque vous êtes en train de faire une course dans antonica :mad:, c'est pire lorsque vous êtes en train de vous battre contre un Héros... c'est de même pour tous mes persos.
    suka likes this.
  9. bugs New Member

Gee I am tired of rabbits shifting over to where I am, killing me suddenly, I am not interested in the "rewards" pfft and I hope next time there is some kind of warning before I get on to play... so I know, and perhaps a list of where they will be would be extra nice to.... just a suggestion, one more, make it the whole event instead putting right in the middle of the ones already going on... it tends to ruin them :) thanks!
    Belenos likes this.
  10. bugs New Member

I never cared much for rabbits! :(

me neither now I hate them
    Belenos likes this.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

May I propose a solution, there is nothing for it but to extend NoTD by another 2 weeks!
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

It is odd to me they had such trouble scaling these encounters, when other events like the Prelude Quests scale fine. At least now I know where to go to finish these achievements. I was having trouble finding them before going through the thread.
    suka likes this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

for people who can't read french: I'm at lvl 91 and I regret this innovation, because it is certain death, even the rabbit attack you when you are doing a race in Antonica: mad :, it's worse when you're fight against a Hero ... it's the same for all my characters.

i wish we had a simple translator on the forums. we miss so much from other players if we don't speak the language or at least read it.
    bugs likes this.
  14. bugs New Member

and whoever said the rabbits are not in the commonland is wrong they are and are called sandtail jackrabbits
    Belenos likes this.
  15. Belenos Well-Known Member

Okay, I gave Ol' Bugs a go late last night with my 96 SK, only 320k HP, in all the vesspyr loyalty armor, weapon and jewelry. My merc is Lorr'kejut, and it was not hard at all. Bunnies scaled to 96, and their damage never could actually overcome my self-healing--making it look as if I was taking no damage at all.

They did have a funny habit though. I ran right up to them, as soon as they aggro they would run right past me and go after Lorr first, even though I was closer to the rabbit and I was the one to actually aggro it. One good smack and it noticed me however!

I decided to see how Lorr fared against one of the little buggers, so when one went for him, I just watched. He killed it solo, and he had over half health left, and he used no heals until the fight was over.

So, I would have to say that these little furballs are very do-able for most any 90s toon with just normal gear and HP. Now I'll have to try a 70s toon and maybe a 50s also--but I bet these critters are scaling like players do when we mentor.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

those bunnies are not simply mean anybody with normal gear cant survive I got my silly bunny hat
    I don't think I will be able to get the other achievement.
    I need a hero to save me from this and help me to make Hasen Pfeffer out of this plushies.
    I think they are way overpowered and should be called epic times 3 rather than just heroic.
    ok its clear this is an event for high level players please next time give us lower level players easier bunnies or do we have to go out with bodyguards when we want to level up our lower levels and I am not only talking about up to level 30 my level 72 got killed by a bunny with 2 to 4 hits barely got a stun in or a strike and I went of to looking at the carrots from below.
    Belenos likes this.
  17. Belenos Well-Known Member

Latest report--Level 73 SK vs. Furball. My level 73 SK has Mastercrafted Fabled in all slots it is available for, including weapons and jewelry, and the rest of his gear is either fabled dropped gear and a couple pieces of Visionary Refined Mastercrafted. His merc was Kenny. His spells are at least 90% master, with the rest grandmaster. He also has 296 AAs. This is the same toon and merc that defeated Terrorantula, which is a ^^^ 2X made for two groups, and Kenny and I defeated it when it was still 2 levels higher than we were. This goofy rabbit is way worse than that epic 2x mob even though we were "same level" as the furball.

The amount of HP the rabbit has at level 73 is insane. No, I take that back--it is not insane--it is freaking insane! This battle took FOREVER, and in the end, it was mighty close, but Kenny was actually OUT OF MANA--something I have never seen before--and it goes to show just how many HPs we had to peel off this thing--which is the biggest problem. It hits hard--like I said, I had very good gear, and I was still getting hit for 2200-2300 per hit (18k HP). I harm-touched the furball for 20k and I couldn't really tell the rabbits health bar went down.

Now, with all that said, I was not there in the Commonlands looking for rabbits--I was there to talk to a ghost at the cemetery for the "A Dream by Any Other Name" NotD quest. No merc up--didn't need one right? Then I get ganked by a skeleton that adjusts to my level PROPERLY and a screwed-up rabbit at the same time, as both were roaming around the ghost--rabbit in the tall grass where it can't even be seen.

I just have to wonder if you guys only tested these things with a level 100 toon and said "Good enough!" Seriously? Solo mobs that are tougher and have more HPs than an epic 2X raid mob? And then dumping them right in the middle of areas where people need to go to do quests for a once-a-year event like NotD? Maybe you guys just thought it would be funny to see players being ganked over and over again, but it seems a lot of us do not.
    bugs likes this.
  18. bugs New Member

Maybe you guys just thought it would be funny to see players being ganked over and over again, but it seems a lot of us do not.

Belenos, I think that's exactly what they thought because lurking around every place you need to be to do the quests are those evil, nasty rabbits.... well my paid acct ran out and I am not re-upping until I can play again like normal I feel its unfair and I was robbed of time I need to do the quests I wanted to do :(
    Belenos likes this.
  19. Kurisutaru Active Member

OMG that would be so cool! To see it in the Tranquil Sea, perhaps. Since we do have dinosaurs there.. :D
    Griffon Lady, Belenos and FriggaWitch like this.
  20. Tralelia Member

The Killer Rabbits make it no fun to travel throughout Norrath, when you die every few feet along the way. I will not be questing until this so called fun by the devs is over.
    Belenos and bugs like this.