Norrath is a Silly Place (with Killer Rabbits)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Armageddoux Active Member

There are no problems at all for French players... just gaulois who get stupidly worried about ... nothing ...in fact :D
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  2. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Scheduling this on top of double xp was not bright. Let's go out and play an alt to take advantage of the xp - and end up playing the dirt nap game instead.
    bugs, Belenos and NrthnStar5 like this.
  3. Shawn2.0 New Member

Hello...?
    I'm tired of being killed...
    Thank you.

If you have to be lvl 100 to kill them...
    Please put them in lvl 100 zones.
    bugs, Kithal, suka and 2 others like this.
  4. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Yes, there is simply a balance problem. On my 100 ranger, the bunnies did nothing to me and were down in one shot. Got the kill 50 achieve in about 15 minutes.

On lowbies, it's the complete reversal. It's dying in 1-2 hits. Even the triple up heroic guards in Butcherblock die in a few hits from the bunnies lol.

While I appreciate the effort here, the balance is way off.
    bugs, suka and Belenos like this.
  5. Tabri Well-Known Member

For all you lowbies complaining of having problems with the bunnies you do know this is an MMO right? On Freeport server if you will just call out HELP a ton of high levels will beckon to your every call to clear out bunnies if you need it or even help you quest or whatever. Im sure this applies to any server, give that a shot instead of whining about it here. This event will be over on Tuesday.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  6. Strings Well-Known Member

Indeed. Only my level 100 conjuror with the spiffy gear can kill them. Fortunately, Nek forest (which has several of the quests and a number of the candies) is bunny free, I think the commonlands race bunny may have been moved, And a bunch of the NotD stuff is inside of cities. So I'll be hiding in hidey places until the Harepocalypse is over. Should hopefully be enough time to finish the NotD stuff once Norrath is safe again.
    bugs and Belenos like this.
  7. bugs New Member

I am only quitting until this is over with the silly wabbits been a member here since the beginning working with my low toons and theres blood everywhere and so much I need to get done so its annoying
    Belenos likes this.
  8. Belenos Well-Known Member

Looking at your signature, I see your level 100 has 1,630,976 health (hit points) so I assume you are in fairly good raid gear? That would certainly explain why they seem trivial to you. But remember what happened when you hit level 90? Your hit points jumped from ~30k to ~100k instantly? That might explain why a rabbit "built" for level 100 raid toons is scaling down to be fairly impossible for low levels. Like toons that mentor down from 100 to 30 are still far stronger than any normal level 30--seems bunnies are mentoring down along similar lines.

And for all those who are 100 and saying the rabbits are easy, please post what kind of gear you are wearing--because not all 100s are made the same! If you are in end-game raid gear, saying they are easy means absolutely nothing, so if you are rocking a MILLION hp or more, please refrain from such comments. It is very misleading.

Now personally, I have not tangled with a single rabbit yet, but I might just see how a normally-geared 96 SK with ~350k hit points fairs against the little bas***** and report back.
    bugs and suka like this.
  9. suka Well-Known Member

the people who are complaining are level 20 or something. after all, these are showing up in their low level zones where they habitually level up. like butcherblock and antonica. do you have a problem reading or maybe you never leveled up in low level zones???
    bugs, Lodrelhai and Belenos like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

hmm- kind of cold in light of the fact that people are complaining about not getting help when they ask or not able to find groups. i am sure if someone asked you, you would gladly help them. but many lowbies don't know very many people or their chosen playstyle may not fit with most people's schedules. yes we love the event, but maybe we could be a little less judgmental and a little more understanding.
    Kurisutaru, bugs and Belenos like this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

mine don't have "spiffy gear". they kill them pretty easily. especially when they mentor down from 100 to 90. but even at 100 i don't have problems killing them. however, i did have to bring a level 100 toon to mentor down for my level 60 toon because even when the level 60 mentored down, she couldn't kill a level 30 rabbit in butcherblock where she was trying to finish some quests she had outleveled.
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Xevran Well-Known Member

Seriously though, I'm just trying to do these stupid NOTD quests while I have the time but apparently I can't. Thanks Daybreak.
  13. Lady Penelope New Member

I never cared much for rabbits! :(
    bugs likes this.
  14. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

I have found that if you are not 100, you are going to die, and die quickly; even with a good merc. It would have been more fun for everyone if the rabbits would have scaled properly.
    bugs, Belenos, suka and 1 other person like this.
  15. Xevran Well-Known Member

They kill me in three hits and one is sitting on a quest update and won't move. I give up, I'll play again whenever the rabbits are gone.
    Belenos likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

yeah, they put them right there in the fields in Antonica where you have to go for the NOTD quests. makes it a bit hard there unless some high level person wants to spend all of their time cleaning the fields
    Belenos and Xevran like this.
  17. Sambril Well-Known Member

Like others here I have noticed the poor scaling with the killer bunnies.

My level 100 SK (in my sig) had no trouble at all with the rabbits. She has good gear but well short of high-end raid (all crafted and experimented since I have all the tradeskills at 100). She has a few abilities at Master and Grandmaster, but most are still expert.

On the other hand my 42 pally had a lot of trouble. She has all grand-mastered abilities, again mostly crafted/experimented gear including some reactant pieces and it took an age (and several attempts) to kill 1 rabbit, using Raffik as my merc. She is a toon that has little trouble with solo/molo on-level dungeons such as DFC and LADs.

It is a shame that something that should be a fun event is causing problems for players who are trying to enjoy another fun event (NotD) or taking advantage of an xp boost to level up some lower level toons.
    Livejazz, bugs, Xevran and 2 others like this.
  18. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Now this is more like it
    [IMG]
    And if ya don't like the boxing match I'll steal your Cookie!
    [IMG]
    Whahahahahaha
  19. Tabri Well-Known Member

Yep if someone yells help or something in general chat I will come running to help if Im not already in a group zone or raid. There are lots of level 100's on our server that are more than willing to help out, but I have personally not seen one person ask for help and nobody said anything about a group, what does grouping have to do with this at all? It takes only one level 100 to come one shot these rabbits for some lowbie. Instead people get on the forums and complain first instead of asking in general chat for any kind of help, like I said before this is an MMO.
    FriggaWitch likes this.
  20. Panzen New Member

It's not an issue of asking for help.

I'm sure no level 100 wants to follow me around so I can do my quests, etc... for my 1 hour a day that I play.
    The problem is that the bunnies are preventing general play for mid-level players. It's not like we're trying to take down the rabbits and having trouble, it's more the case where we can't even do general play / quests without getting blind-sided by the bunnies every 50 feet.
    bugs, Xevran, Belenos and 1 other person like this.