Noratthian Spotlight: Niboota the Tourist

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by suka, Jun 30, 2016.

1. suka Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    Today we put a face on Niboota! (click page pictures to be taken to links for those pages)
    We are all familiar with Niboota and her marvelous videos tours of different houses on each server. She has done a great job of inspiring decorators and promoting them.
    She has posted many things on the forums including a detailed post on how to invite her to video tour your home.
    [IMG]

She can also be found on facebook .......

[IMG]

...........and in facebook groups especially EQII Homeshow.

She has put her videos on YouTube. and posted them in forums and groups. Everyone wants her to visit their home and she is the most welcome guest in the game.
    [IMG]

More pics of our honored guest:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

So I decided to interview her for you. Without further ado, I present to you Niboota
    How long have you been playing the game

I've been playing since launch, with the exception of a 2 year break after the release of Age of Discovery

What server do you play on?

Antonia Bayle

What inspired you to create videos of houses

I have always loved the housing and been an ambitious tourist. I can easily kill an entire day touring, and what better way to get more people to design homes than to show everyone how much you enjoy them?

When did you first start doing this?

I started posting videos in June of 2014, but this is not the first time I've published tours. Back when prestige homes were introduced, I started a project called “The Portal Point”. It was a prestige home I purchased to use as a kind of one spot stop for touring on our server. I invited designers to bring their portals to my home, and for city homes which have no portals, I offered to bring one of mine to them. I also included notebooks with lists of homes to tour on other servers. To get the word out about “The Portal Point” I started an online journal with the same name, where I posted screen shots of homes I toured, interviewed the designers, and wrote out the story of my tour in character. This was, as you can imagine, incredibly time consuming. When I returned to EQ2 I decided videos were a much more efficient way to share my tours!

Can you tell us how to find your videos? and your website?

The Evertour Entries: http://evertour.livejournal.com
    [IMG]

You can find all my videos as well as upcoming tours, announcements, and an occasional random Niboota rambling in my online journal which I've linked above. You can view my tour videos on my YouTube channel, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and the Everquest 2 forums. I am "Niboota" or "Niboota Bloodyeyes" on each of those social networks.

How does someone go about inviting you to do a video of their house?

I have actually made a nice little entry in my journal about this. Here's the link: http://evertour.livejournal.com/tag/invite%20niboota (my edit: and the link above which takes you to the forum post)

Can you please tell us more about you?

My name is Brandy. I'm a 40 year old human female with two beautiful cats (they have mad heals!), but I like dogs as well (except for the stinky fur part). I have a 23 year old son and an awesome best friend. I prefer my glasses, but I like contacts. I am a creature of habit, but I regularly change habits. I have grand plans and mediocre follow through. I write poetry. I have a serious coffee addiction which is bad, because I'm allergic to caffeine, and I'm responsible for giving small groups of the sick and/or elderly persons their medication. I believe life may be a figment of my imagination, but I'm entirely convinced that if I go along with this quest, there will be an awesome and epic reward at the end!

Do you have hobbies? Do you have other interests?

I read a lot, and I write. I love to browse flea markets, thrift shops, and antique stores. I like to find old buildings and abandon homes, sneak in like a ninja, and talk to the ghosts! I also like board games, card games, and puzzles.

Have you decorated any houses we might want to see?

I have decorated many homes, but I never complete them. I have half built and torn down probably 20 homes over the years, but the first step is to admit you have a problem, right?
    About Niboota:
    Niboota Bloodyeyes is a half Troll, half Gargoyle Defiler whose main interest is making everything "pritty". She loves bone runes, bone furniture, bone bonfires, tiaras, perching in high places, and Fae kabobs. Her favorite pass-times include swooping down from the sky and spitting on the heads of travelers, and sitting along the walls of Freeport staring hungrily at passers-by (when I'm AFK).

[IMG] [IMG]

I most love to play Trolls in game. I am so quick to notice the many absurdities in life, that I am often the only person who finds humor in situations where humor is inappropriate by the standards of society. Though I have learned to keep my amusement to myself for the most part, it seeps out and gets me into trouble now and then. Trolls are just so unaware and so feral. They have no pretense and no manipulative powers. They rely on instinct and strike me as.... well innocent! Applying my sense of the absurd to a Troll was a natural choice. Also they have these awesome huge ears, which I find irresistible, and you can give them red skin - my favorite color!

Yes our interview is short and sweet. However, there is so much about her that so few know. Like her love for old and abandoned houses- which ties in naturally to her love of homes in the game. She has been the most active promoter of decorators this game has ever had

She has inspired more people to decorate and publish their homes than any other person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Please keep up your wonderful work, Niboota, we love you.

edit- Niboota's contest is listed at https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hallenge-frostfell-in-july-gone-wrong.570940/
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Niboota loves all houses big and small, expert and new decorators alike. She always has such positive comments for the houses she tours and you cannot help but smile and feel wonderful watching her videos. I cannot tell you how many times I have yelled at my monitor "the stairs the stairs don't miss the stairs!" but even when she misses a room at least people have a really good reason to go tour the house in person. It is always great when you hear her say some of her favorite sayings like "spooky crisp" or squeeing "Cuuuttttteeee". She not only runs contests herself (one starts tomorrow so excited!!!) but she tries to support other peoples' contests as well. She is a blast to be around and love getting lost in houses with her. Love you Niboota!!! <3
    SierraDawn, Moena, Niboota and 6 others like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Awesome write up, Suka! You couldn't have picked a better person to showcase this month. We all love Niboota and her video's, and thumbs up to Ocarinah's comments, because it's sooo true. Just love seeing when Niboota gets excited over some little discovery she makes in the houses she tours. I find it so amusing when she 'stabs' a high elf, or 'steals' a fish or something off a platter in the homes she tours. :D
    SierraDawn, Ocarinah, Moena and 4 others like this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

thank you
    Merriel likes this.
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Yay Niboota! :)
    SierraDawn, Ocarinah, Niboota and 2 others like this.
  6. iisbliss Active Member

Love Niboota's videos and appreciate the time she devotes to documenting some of the greatest designs I have ever seen !
    SierraDawn, Ocarinah, Niboota and 2 others like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

Ocarinah, Niboota and Merriel like this.
  8. Niboota Well-Known Member

Thanks for including me in your spotlight Suka! :) But WOW... those pictures of me are HUGE. :eek:
    SierraDawn, suka, Spextasy and 2 others like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

The better to see you with, my dear! :D
    SierraDawn, Aelissa, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

well, i tried editing them. it lets me shrink them in edit, but then posts them back to the original size. no matter what i did- even shrinking them on the parent site, they are still big on the forums.
    Merriel likes this.
  11. suka Well-Known Member

i had to go to my folder on my computer and resize everything in an editor. then reload it to the parent site - and it worked. better? and all of the links work too now. lesson learned for next time lol
    Merriel, Ocarinah and Niboota like this.
  12. Niboota Well-Known Member

That looks SOOO much better!
    SierraDawn, suka, Merriel and 2 others like this.
  13. Kelvani Well-Known Member

Great writeup Suka! Niboota is awesome. I think my fave part of her tours is when she SQUEEEE's She has this gift to make even the ordinary seem extrodinary. I love her positive outlook and how she finds something in each build which makes them special.. even if the decorator isn't "pro". I also love how she "surprises" herself and doesn't pre-tour so she doesn't sound fake when she does a tour. She is discovering the place along with us!
    suka, Niboota and Merriel like this.
  14. Aelissa Well-Known Member

*cheers* Great write up! <3 you! :D
  15. Steelak Member

Can you fix the Evertour link? You are missing the "u" in journal.
    Merriel likes this.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

i clicked on the picture and it took me straight to http://evertour.livejournal.com/

also the link above it spells out the same thing and took me to the journal as well. and there was a "u" in the word journal as well. all links were copied from the websites and not written in. perhaps you overlooked it?

Merriel likes this.
  17. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was logged onto Steelak cuz it wouldnt let me on this account earlier....It wasn't you (bonks self on head) it is on Niboota's facebook site that there is a typo (I clicked on her facebook page imagine you had above). So so so sorry. Too much going on.
    Merriel, Niboota and suka like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

not a problem. I am sure Niboota appreciates you looking at the site and letting her know about the link. of course i thought it was me so i double checked everything. i always appreciate your attention to detail. that is what makes things work so well. and it is very helpful when someone points out a mistake i make. it helps me correct them.
    Ocarinah, Merriel and Niboota like this.
  19. Niboota Well-Known Member

FIXED! Thank you for discovering that typo!!
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

Lovely write up, it's always so interesting to learn more about the person behind the PC and this is a good time and opportunity to say thank you Niboota for all you do - I love your tours and the kindness and interest you bring as you make your videos.
    SierraDawn and Niboota like this.